Pat passes

The Card nation mourns Pat's loss. I still remember when U of L opened the KFC YUM Center Jeff Walz and Tom Jurich, our AD were looking for a marquee game and Coach Summitt and the Lady Vols made the trip to Louisville to help us christen the new arena.

Of course you guys had to ruin it by actually winning the game (LOL :) ). Our group was both excited to see the Card's in our new arena but also about getting to see Coach Summitt.

The Vol Nation, women's basketball, the sports world and the nation has lost one of it's truly great people. I read in an earlier post where someone told St. Peter to open the gates. I'm sure if he doesn't have them open by the time she gets there she'll fix him with one of her patented stares and he'll rush to swing them open.

Please keep her family in your prayers. I lost my mom to ALS at the age of 62. It leaves a void that can never be completely filled, but knowing that others loved her and miss her helps to ease the pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
One of the all-time great coaches. She elevated her entire sport and women's sports in general. More importantly, all-time great person. She had a positive influence on the lives of so many people. A real inspiration. Her disease is a horrible affliction, and I'm glad she and her family no longer bear that suffering. Rest in peace, Pat.

Reactions: 1 person
We knew this day was coming,but that does not ease the pain of losing a wonderful person,coach,and ambassador for our Lady Vols and the University of Tennessee. She embodied the spirit of a true winner in life. We love you,Coach Pat,and will forever be indebted to you as a role model.

We knew this day was coming,but that does not ease the pain of losing a wonderful person,coach,and ambassador for our Lady Vols and the University of Tennessee. She embodied the spirit of a true winner in life. We love you,Coach Pat,and will forever be indebted to you as a role model.
I thought I was ready. I wasnt

Vol land has lost an icon today, but she'll forever be in our hearts! We'll miss the legend Pat Summitt who did so much for ladies basketball! Only the greatest! Thoughts and prayers are with the Summitt family today.👍👍🙏🙏🙏🙏🏀🏀

I knew I would wake up to this news. Godspeed, Pat. You did it right.

We'll miss you.

Thanks, Pat, for showing us and teaching us how it should always be done.

Rebound...

Hard news to take this morning. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 3 years ago, around the same time Pat was diagnosed. I pray that Pat knew where she was, I pray that she knew who was with her but most of all I pray that she went peacefully.

Couldn't stop the tears from coming when they showed her video on espn...she will be missed dearly I could only imagine how the players feel

Thoughts and prayers are with the family

One of a kind

A Tennessean through and through

RIP, Pat

“God doesn’t take things away to be cruel. He takes things away to make room for other things. He takes things away to lighten us. He takes things away so we can fly.” - Pat Summitt

Fly and rest high on that Rocky Top Mountain, Pat. We love you.

Reactions: 2 people
You always gave us reasons to feel proud. You built this program up from nothing into a template that every other program follows. And you did it the right way. Rest well, we love you.

God this hurts..........

I know she is no longer suffering and is in a better place, but this still hurts. I am having a difficult time reading this thread and watching coverage through the tears. She was such a remarkable person and inspiration.

God comfort her family.

"On May 5, 2012, Pat and Tyler were baptized together. On this day, they decided together to go public with their faith and professed their love for and acceptance of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. On this day, they created the ultimate and eternal memory, together."

enough said

Reactions: 5 people
No doubt from my handle you know I am a Gamecock fan. However I have been as long as I can remember a Pat Summitt fan so today I am a Lady Vol fan. I never had the pleasure or privilege of meeting her but she touched my life nonetheless.* She is one of those rare individuals who had that ability. Today the World is a little dimmer but Heaven is a lot brighter due to Pat Summitt's passing.

Pat Summitt is women's basketball and all who have ever played, coached or watched a game owe her a debt that can never be repaid individally or collectively. My deepest sympathies are extended to Coach Summitt's family, friends and former players. Also to Lady Vol Nation and the University of Tennessee community.

I type these words with tears in my eyes due to the passing of a lady I never knew personally so I was a little surprised at my reaction until I realized my tears were not for Coach Summitt but for all of those whose lives she impacted. I know she was one of those rare beings who was truly touched by the Hand of God and placed on this Earth for a special purpose. She has served that purpose and served it well and now she has been called home where Heaven rejoices because God has a new Head Basketball Coach. My prayers for all who have been touched by Coach Summitt. She will live forever in our hearts.

Reactions: 13 people

VN Store

Back