Paul Finebaum show

temptn

When does the Paul Finebaum show start back up on TV this season? Only 47 days until the first college football game.

When does the Paul Finebaum show start back up on TV this season? Only 47 days until the first college football game.

I rarely listen, but his radio show runs daily M-F on Sirius channel 84 2-6pm. I think it's on SEC Sports network as well. Channel 611 with Direct TV.

I did a quick search on Volnation for "Finebaum" and got over 1,600 results (just for the past year). Seems to me that he is a pretty popular guy.

I don't fault anyone for being a Finebaum viewer. I personally just don't see the appeal of it. Wouldn't it be better to just show old football games from years past non-stop?

I wish they’d do that on the SEC alternate channel. It would add practically nothing in marginal cost to broadcast the games and would generate millions in additional revenue. I guess the lawyers working out the deal on the front end didn’t include it - so nothing like that for fan benefit is going to happen until contracts are renegotiated.

Reactions: Hacksaw
I'm still trying to figure out what the SEC network is trying to be. Two channels, one which never airs anything.
They could use the alternate channel to air games that are overlapping temporarily.
Then they have Lowly Worm as the face of the SEC network, WTH.

I did a quick search on Volnation for "Finebaum" and got over 1,600 results (just for the past year). Seems to me that he is a pretty popular guy.

He is a Smart guy he did go to UTK. Popular has a lot of meanings.
He knows to get eyes & ears you need to divide, like our country
He has got a group, they love him no matter what, with a base of Alabamian's
He's also got a group that slow down for car mishaps and cause a crowd. They despise him but love to see the next argument.
S.I. did a poll back in the early 70s The most hated was one poll. Howard Cosell won. The most loved the other, Howard Cosell won Both. I think Finebaum is using that recipe.
So if you can make half happy & half sad usually trying for a marginal +50% on happy side. You win the numbers election and rule and laugh all the way to the bank. Even if you got a face made for radio.

He is a Smart guy he did go to UTK. Popular has a lot of meanings.
He knows to get eyes & ears you need to divide, like our country
He has got a group, they love him no matter what, with a base of Alabamian's
He's also got a group that slow down for car mishaps and cause a crowd. They despise him but love to see the next argument.
S.I. did a poll back in the early 70s The most hated was one poll. Howard Cosell won. The most loved the other, Howard Cosell won Both. I think Finebaum is using that recipe.
So if you can make half happy & half sad usually trying for a marginal +50% on happy side. You win the numbers election and rule and laugh all the way to the bank. Even if you got a face made for radio.
Your comparison with Howard Cosell is apt.
I loved watching any telecast with Howard Cosell. I knew was going to be entertained.

Finebaum's style reminds me of the old men that whittled outside the store in my neighborhood growing up. He is low key insulting every SEC program that is not leading their Bama or UGA. Tide fans should raise a statue to Finebaum. He is their biggest booster in the sports-talk sphere.
He style of commentary was perfected by Tokyo Rose.

VN Store

Back