Peterman at FL(2013) vs Worley at Ole Miss(2014)

Yeah, thanks to a gift pick 6 from Driskel and Worley playing the second half which is when we scored all of our 10 offensive points. Let me remind you again of Peterman's stats vs Florida...

4-11, 5 yds, 0td, 2 ints, 1-2 fumbles (he was responsible for the first fumble although they gave it to Lane), 3 rushes for -3 yds. With Peterman in, our offense totaled 24 plays...4 yards and no points. By my math, with Peterman at the helm, that's 1 yards every 6 plays..... we also averaged 1 turnover every 6 plays. You got it....we had as many turnovers as we did yards with Peterman at qb vs Florida.

By contrast, in the second half, when Worley was the qb, he did have 2 ints (one of which was a late game desperation throw), we had 33 plays for net 204 total yds, including Worley's 123 yds passing.

See the difference? Same game, same players, same situations.

Worley showed bad judgment with the 3 picks vs OleMiss, but he partly did it because he's become freakin shell shocked trying to keep his composure behind our Highschool OL. Youre frustrated, I get it, so I am. But it can get worse, a lot worse with Peterman as our qb.

This! How quickly people forget. Petermans performance against Florida was the worst I've seen in 20 years of watching football. He hasn't shown me this year that the Florida game was a fluke either.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't we just agree that we dont have a QB that's overwhelmingly great?

(Trying to say that in the most positive way possible)

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, thanks to a gift pick 6 from Driskel and Worley playing the second half which is when we scored all of our 10 offensive points. Let me remind you again of Peterman's stats vs Florida...

4-11, 5 yds, 0td, 2 ints, 1-2 fumbles (he was responsible for the first fumble although they gave it to Lane), 3 rushes for -3 yds. With Peterman in, our offense totaled 24 plays...4 yards and no points. By my math, with Peterman at the helm, that's 1 yards every 6 plays..... we also averaged 1 turnover every 6 plays. You got it....we had as many turnovers as we did yards with Peterman at qb vs Florida.

By contrast, in the second half, when Worley was the qb, he did have 2 ints (one of which was a late game desperation throw), we had 33 plays for net 204 total yds, including Worley's 123 yds passing.

See the difference? Same game, same players, same situations.

Worley showed bad judgment with the 3 picks vs OleMiss, but he partly did it because he's become freakin shell shocked trying to keep his composure behind our Highschool OL. Youre frustrated, I get it, so I am. But it can get worse, a lot worse with Peterman as our qb.

This.

Worley isn't great, but he is the best we have.

I think OP just forgot how bad the 1st half against UF was last year. We literally would have had a bigger lead at halftime if we had taken a knee on every offensive play from scrimmage. Peterman was THAT bad.

Worley was awful in the UF and Ole Miss game. People want to blame everything on the line but he isn't helping matters.

Exactly..Worley has been awful the last 2 SEC games he has played, had a good GA game and was pretty bad against Oklahoma too. So the games against power 5 conferences he has sucked it up in 3 out of the 4 games and definitely not all the Oline. Poor decision making and holding the ball too long is just as much of an issue.

I think OP just forgot how bad the 1st half against UF was last year. We literally would have had a bigger lead at halftime if we had taken a knee on every offensive play from scrimmage. Peterman was THAT bad.

Not any worse than Worley at any point of the UF or Ole Miss game. And Peterman had a broken thumb and had no business being out there. Worley had a worse game against a horrible UF team and it was at home. And it wasnt like Worley was much better that game. He was 10-23 with 2 turnovers himself, same as Peterman.

I'd love to hear some stats and discussion comparing these two games. Honestly after watching that Ole Miss game I'm finding it hard to differentiate the two.

Might want to start up front with the O-Line if you want the real differentiator. The Line that Peterman had was full of future NFL picks...the Line that Worley has? Not so much.

VN Store

Back