Pick four team captains for 2017

How about Evan Berry?

I know he's not a 1st string talent at his position, but he is a former All American, and exemplifies what giving your all for TN is all about.

Reactions: 1 person
If given the chance, who would you pick as Team 121's four captains.

Mine:

Todd Kelly, Jr.
Darrin Kirkland, Jr.
Jujuan Jennings
John Kelly

TK, DK, JJ. I'd favor 2 OL... if we're going to get anything meaningful done next year, it will be on the shoulders of the OL. If they are dominant, as they "should" be with returning and incoming talent, they should cover alot of sins w/ young QB...assuming 2016 was an aberration on D, and Shoop dials them in.

OP, probably and underrated question. Before this year, I wouldn't really have given much thought as to who was picked. However, in retrospect, it was very telling that Hurd was not named a captain. Maybe foreshadowing? I would expect Jennings, Kirkland, Tk jr. and hopefully someone from O-Line that steps up. Also, it would be great if one of the QB's would separate themselves and be a captain. Anything other than that will cause me to there may be discord again...

Last edited:
the two closest to locks id pick as captains are TK and DK
the other two is a toss up. Jashon is a strong possibility. then you got JJ, wolf, thomas, kelly, vivkers, kmac, tuttle all posibilities. maybe even a guy like josh smith

To me this was one of CBJ mistakes last year.

The team should select the Captains. One each from Offense, Defense, Special Teams and one at large...No freshman and probably not any Sophs either.

Reactions: 2 people
i dont know if JJ would be a good idea.. cant have him fighting the other teams players at the coin toss lmao.....

but.... in all seriousness
Jauan Jennings
Nigel Warrior
John Kelly
Shy tuttle or Kirkland.

No permanent captains. Pick them as they earn and keep the ones that still lead. Then by mid year pick the deserving one's as permanent. A season evolves so should every aspect of the team.

VN Store

Back