Politics and power could kill The Vols

Nocleats

Apparently, about 3 powerful people, don't want David Blackburn because he wont be a puppet and do as told by these Big Booster Board Members. The longer this plays out the more damage its doing. 98% of those within the situation know DB is the hands down choice for the Tenn AD spot but these few don't want him till he agrees to do things their way, you know, like they do in Cleveland... Time for fans and media to raise a grassroots groundswell for David Blackburn.. Hard to go get a splash hire at OC without an AD to ok the funds..

Reactions: 21 people
lol_vladimir_putin.gif

Reactions: 6 people
I'm hoping this is pure speculation. Should I give Senator Gardner and Representative Lamborn a call to grease the skids?

Hire the man...or bring back another puppet like Hamilton! We all know how that story ended!

Reactions: 2 people
Apparently that's the same reason we can't get a big hire and never will. I am not so naive to think Gruden could have been realistic hire. If Gruden had a lot of control and a good contract. I think we could probably get Kelly but not with the ones running the show in Knoxville.

Reactions: 6 people
Wow. Just wow. On the OP. So, so crazy.

And no. Gruden was NEVER COMING TO UT. My God people please remember to not drink the water in the bong.

Reactions: 19 people
Apparently, about 3 powerful people, don't want David Blackburn because he wont be a puppet and do as told by these Big Booster Board Members. The longer this plays out the more damage its doing. 98% of those within the situation know DB is the hands down choice for the Tenn AD spot but these few don't want him till he agrees to do things their way, you know, like they do in Cleveland... Time for fans and media to raise a grassroots groundswell for David Blackburn.. Hard to go get a splash hire at OC without an AD to ok the funds..

Are you kidding? You actually think a bunch of fans and the media can influence the boosters? The media morons aren't gonna take them on. They like making a living too much.

Reactions: 4 people

Name names or gtfo.

Reactions: 7 people
If given control and nice contract which Tennessee can afford... yes it may have been possible.

You mean it was possible only if UT did something it absolutely could not do. That's the reason it was never going to happen

This fanbase really gets tunnel vision when it comes to hires

Reactions: 5 people
You mean it was possible only if UT did something it absolutely could not do. That's the reason it was never going to happen

This fanbase really gets tunnel vision when it comes to hires
Yep big money donors wants control like Jerry Jones... too many egos with money.

Reactions: 1 person
Guys....OP is spot on. It took me some time to really look/analysis our situation...but that's exactly what's going on! Fans need to see/recognize this! Thing at UT athletics are about to be on a huge downward spiral thanks to the "powers that be" in administration. It absolutely sickens me that fans and alumni are standing around and letting this happen. I haven't missed a game since 1988...but if the admin is not committed to winning....we're doomed! You don't have this academic/athletics tug a war happening at Bama,LSU,AU,etc. It's such a shame because the football program is and has been the face of the university. Now we have an admin that is far more interested in academic prowess than anything that takes place on a football field...and people that's the truth. It's happening right before our eyes! Fans,alumni,boosters, and former players need to wake up...and IN A HURRY!!!

Reactions: 14 people
May not be the best place to post it, but today on Doug Matthews show he said there are 2-3 serious candidates all of whom have UTK ties, although not all are UTK alums. Doug said one of the candidates is not being discussed in the media.

Guys....OP is spot on. It took me some time to really look/analysis our situation...but that's exactly what's going on! Fans need to see/recognize this! Thing at UT athletics are about to be on a huge downward spiral thanks to the "powers that be" in administration. It absolutely sickens me that fans and alumni are standing around and letting this happen. I haven't missed a game since 1988...but if the admin is not committed to winning....we're doomed! You don't have this academic/athletics tug a war happening at Bama,LSU,AU,etc. It's such a shame because the football program is and has been the face of the university. Now we have an admin that is far more interested in academic prowess than anything that takes place on a football field...and people that's the truth. It's happening right before our eyes! Fans,alumni,boosters, and former players need to wake up...and IN A HURRY!!!

mr. insider

Reactions: 1 person
. Now we have an admin that is far more interested in academic prowess than anything that takes place on a football field...and people that's the truth. It's happening right before our eyes! Fans,alumni,boosters, and former players need to wake up...and IN A HURRY!!!

LOL...You realize that is the way it is supposed to be right? Football is a game, education is not.... Geez

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back