Poll: Happy with Heupel?

• Yes

Votes: 1,057 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 741 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonably happy considering where we are. Could have done a lot worse, particularly if Fulmer hadn't decided to "retire." LOL

Bargain bin hire. Really can understand the hire more than the people spouting this “Danny White bro! #4 AD in the land!” nonsense. That dude whiffed and went and hired his boy from the conference american for cheap. We got ripped off more on White

Reactions: TN1111 and carpbc
7:10 would be my rating. Honestly about where I thought we could get w wrecked team and sanctions. Had Franklin at 9:10, Campbell or Fleck types at 8:10, but Heupul ain't bad for our condition IMO

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Flashback to 1974: friend tells me he’s getting us tickets to see one of the very top British rock bands in the world, says it’s a huge surprise but I won’t be disappointed. I give him my 50 bucks, ready to rock with the Beatles or the Rolling stones. We get to the venue—Neyland Stadium. What do mean we’re seeing Mott the Hoople???
Yes, I realize this dates me. I have been a VFL for a long time, seasons tickets since early 70’s. I am just praying we will be relevant a few more years before I am too old to see the show. Hope Josh Huepel better than Mott the Hoople.

Tom Herman was my preference but JH will bring an exciting brand of football to the Hill! I hope we can keep some of the guys in the portal, especially defense, so we will be able to get a stop or two for the bigs to catch their breath. The mobile QB's should be excited and receiving corp for sure.

GO VOLS!!!

I’m happy compared to the past 3 coaches. If he doesn’t win big, maybe he can at least average winning 8 games a season and be a springboard for a bigger name in 5 years.

A true quarterbacks coach. A coach who will develop his quarterback. I think that is an extreme plus for this guy.

Some cliffnotes from the presser that stood out to me.

UCF, in the last three years, is the only team in the country to rank among the top-five in total offense for every single year the last three seasons. The only team in the country to average at least 522 yards of total offense in each of the last three seasons. UCF and Alabama are the only two teams to rank among the top-eight in the country in passing in each of the last two seasons. Along with Alabama and USC, the only three teams in the country to average 316 passing yards in the last two seasons. They join Alabama, Clemson and Oklahoma as the only four teams in the country to rank among the top-eight in scoring in the last three seasons. And finally, they join Alabama and Clemson as the only teams in the country to average 42 points per game in each of the last three seasons.

I'm Happy! Happy we got a Coach! Happy he's a "O" ready guy! We dont know! NO! ONE HERE KNOWS! Heck we had what was considered a Defense Guru! Plus Ansley! And got pummeled by DOUBLE DIGITS often!!! So who knows?? Right now! For the 2021 season we are undefeated! Get behind the Coaches and players, most Productive! Thing we can do on our end! We dont play, we dont call plays, we don't Coach! Let's control what we can control and be FANS of the Tennessee VOLUNTEERS!! If that doesnt work for you? Goodbye! Find another team, and if things work out? Come on back! But dont stay and complain before the new staff has a chance! Be a fan! If it's too hard here (and I understand) switch teams.

Reactions: Tnhillbilly
Another coach who has ridden the coattail of the coach before him. He's a good QB coach and may have some high powered offenses, but I don't see him as better than Leach or Kiffin. Personally think the AD should've ridden with Steele for ONE SEASON so we can get more time to evaluate potential coaches.

Traitor.

Incredibly underwhelming hire; Heupel is trending down, and he did not beat a single team with a winning record in year three.

I am quite sure that there will be a large portion of the fanbase that will jump in line to throw their support to Heupel. However, I am not one of those fans. Based upon previous hires from the AAC ranks into a Power-5 school, those hires do not go well at all. Given that precedent coupled with Tennessee's previous track-record in hiring abysmal coaches, I fully expect that Heupel with be fired within 4-5 years.

On the bright side, I now have twelve (12) free Saturdays in the fall for the next several years. For those wanting to shout me down, or call me a negavol/fair-weather fan, have at it. Its been a five-alarm $$it show for over 15 years.

Underwhelming post.
You're not a NegaVol, you're a Lemming.

Reasonably happy considering where we are. Could have done a lot worse, particularly if Fulmer hadn't decided to "retire." LOL

I fully appreciate all the good things CPF has done for UT, but this hire or even type of hire, getting an offensive evil genius type would probably never happen under his watch. After trying to go new wave and getting burned by Clawson it would never happen..

I am hoping that this guy is a karma based repayment by getting a guy that is offensive oriented, will pretty much be his own OC and for sure will call his own plays, and we are getting him from the state of FL. The reverse of the Spurrier curse on the way..... I can feel it.

We’re right back to where we were. This is not an SEC caliber hire nor an SEC capable coach. See you in 2 years, 3 years max when he cannot put a competitive product on the field is my prediction. Hope I’m wrong and I’ll happily eat crow if I’m not. This is just a very bad joke paying White for steak and caviar and he produces fake hamburger.

Those flip-flops work well for you.

Feels too much like Bill Battle. Look at his record at UCF, just like Battle who initially had huge talent left behind by Dickey but every year that went by he lost more games than the year before because he had to play with the talent he recruited.

Unfortunately his coaching career, if you want to call it that, has been riding the wave of Scott Frost success at UCF. My vote is a nah, but you never know. His record has gotten worse every year he’s been there and the first two years were Scott Frost recruits working their way through the system. At this point he can handle Offensive duties, as that’s been proven, but running a P5 program as “The Man”, the jury is out. I figured we could do better, but agree that the list of candidates that would take this gig with the unknowns in front of us, is short! Magic Pixie Dust and Fingers Crossed as we are in the abyss. #GBO
Yeah I agree. Probably a better gamble than Elliott or Dykes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back