Poll: Kevin Sumlin Support

Will Kevin Sumlin have your support?

• Total voters
[/U]

Also 0 experience. Why are we willing to accept an unproven OC JUST because he played at UT. He thumbed his nose at us before.

What I am hearing he didn't thumb his nose at us. It was a fake interview to appease the fan base. Butch had no intention of hiring Tee.

Also, I would much rather take a stab at someone who loves the program and is a top rated coach. USC fans have stated that he would make a better HC than an OC. I believe Tee will be a great HC some day. He is fantastic at recruiting and a great motivator. I hope we are smart enough to let him make that mark at TN than somewhere else.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for your input. If you don’t believe that’s a realistic possibility, you should go play in traffic.

Oh it is possible.. I'm just not going to assume that people are racist for not voting yes to a black coach like you.

And I voted yes by the way.

So again, go play in traffic ( prefer I-40 at about 5:05pm ) and stop throwing around the race card to seem cool.

Reactions: 2 people
No one is selling Tee short, he just needs more time. That's why Kiffin as head coach, Tee as OC, and Steele was perfect. Then Tee takes over when Kiffin is done.

I am ok interviewing Sumlin as long as we also interview Kiffin, Tee, and Les and pick the best of the group. Not exactly sure why we are interviewing and offering these guys one at a time. In what world is that a good business practice?

He just got canned from another SEC coaching gig. Sounds like a great plan.

Though I can support him over most other options at this point. Sad

He got canned for being the most successful coach at A&M in 20 years. I'm NEVER one to cry racism, but I've heard way too many stories about some of the a-hole boosters down there. At this point I would LOVE to have him. Big step up from Butch. That said...if we hadn't fumbled the ball 7 times in our game with them last year we would have won by two TDs.

Reactions: 1 person
Sumlins record at A&M got worse as his recruiting classes came into play. That plus the personal issues make this a dangerous hire imo. Just saying. But hell, it was about Doreen. Ridiculous what cold have been with Kiffin, Tee and Steele

Yes, let's target a coach that was just fired because he has not really done much without his Heisman winning QB. That way we can all come back in 3 years to complain about our 7-9 win seasons at best.

Look man! Sumlin had to compete again Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU and all the other teams down there. His teams played tough defense and exciting offense. This is one of the best hires we could make. Sumlin will win here in year one. Recruiting will be at a high level. What are we waiting on???????????????? Some other team will hire this man soon and we will still be talking about Jim Bob Cooter for goodness sake. C'mon does anybody on this board have anyone's ear that matter. Do it, do it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Someone should pole us on Kiffin vs Sumlin....would be interesting... that said. Kiffin > Sumlin. And Kiffin > Miles. But Miles > Sumlin

At A&M his first year was his best year, and considering im needing at least one good year... lets roll the dice.

I would support Sumlin. Given our schedule in November, when he has a tendency to falter, I would do better in East. Not sure his interest in FSU, but need to get it done. No buyout either

Its got to be to the point where we're in Sumlin and Miles territory and I dont think we could ***** at all about either.

He got canned for being the most successful coach at A&M in 20 years. I'm NEVER one to cry racism, but I've heard way too many stories about some of the a-hole boosters down there. At this point I would LOVE to have him. Big step up from Butch. That said...if we hadn't fumbled the ball 7 times in our game with them last year we would have won by two TDs.

he was the one with issues, it doesn't matter what race he is. And his record went down progressively from start to finish. He is not the answer. Sorry. But if you want to compete for SEC titles, get Kiffin, Tee and Steele. For 8-5 records, have at it with Sumlin.

This would be a great hire all things considered. He will need a high quality defensive coordinator (not Chief as much as I do like the guy) to be successful here.

With $10 million coming his way that doesn't have to be reduced with a new gig, will Sumlin be motivated? And he would still have to play Bama which apparently is "rat poison" to any coach wanting to come here.

For those of you against Sumlin--at this point who is better? I'm not being a jerk, genuinely interested in your thoughts. They aren't offering Kiffin or Tee, maybe Miles but other than that what proven coaches are left?

The issue I have with Sumlin is that he is proven. He's proven to collapse in the SEC when he has boat loads of talent. He had a great early season in his career with JM at QB. Otherwise he's recruited well and finished with average at best results. He did after all, just get fired. It wasn't an unreasonable firing either.

I'd roll with Morris, great recruiter with local recruiting ties from his days at Clemson who makes massive improvements to each team he coaches, and would likely be much cheaper than Sumlin with a lower buyout if we're back here in 4 years doing this over again.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back