Poll: You happy with Pruitt hire?

Poll: You happy with Pruitt hire?

• Total voters
like parrots, a lot of people keep saying this guy is a "great recruiter". so......

if you can, please name the top 3 players that this guy has personally recruited ........

Derrick Henry - Heisman trophy likely his #1. He was in Quay Walker's home the other night but Derrick Ansley is listed as the recruiter for Walker. He has a hand in all the defensive recruiting but with UT it will be all recruiting.

I like taking a chance on a coach w ZERO head coaching experience.

I also work around high voltage, climb poles and people think im crazy.

Seriously though we should have locked up mullen way earlier but for currie,then at least got sumlin.

But if we couldnt get a good coach im glad to see us rolling the dice. Go big or GTFO

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, no.

Texas A&M did what Tennessee should've done. Blank check to Jimbo Fisher. If they had any balls at all, that would've ended this search on day 1.

Can't believe this dude was hired over these coaches:

Miles, Leach, Sumlin or Kiffin

Just purely the laughing stock of college football.

And you were gonna force these coaches here how? No interest what so ever other than the rumors and “insiders” like to believe on here. Maybe leach was but no university, including TN is touching that guy.

I like taking a chance on a coach w ZERO head coaching experience.

I also work around high voltage, climb poles and people think im crazy.

Seriously though we should have locked up mullen way earlier but for currie,then at least got sumlin.

But if we couldnt get a good coach im glad to see us rolling the dice. Go big or GTFO

Ask Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma how it’s working for them. Must be terrible to have one of those prior coordinators as a HC now. Poor them.

Some of y'all just like to complain I've learned. If you don't like the hire (and don't wanna support it), I'm sure Vandy could use some help filling up that stadium next fall! :hi:

Cause everyone ain’t giddy doesn’t mean they’re not true vol fans. Maybe others would’ve like to seen a proven HC. Doesn’t mean they don’t or won’t support the Vols. You’ll be the first to ***** & moan if he goes 5-7 & 6-6 in his first 2 seasons & screaming for heads to roll

Cause everyone ain’t giddy doesn’t mean they’re not true vol fans. Maybe others would’ve like to seen a proven HC. Doesn’t mean they don’t or won’t support the Vols. You’ll be the first to ***** & moan if he goes 5-7 & 6-6 in his first 2 seasons & screaming for heads to roll

The sooner you guys realize we had no proven HCs beating down our doors, the better.

Actually, no.

Texas A&M did what Tennessee should've done. Blank check to Jimbo Fisher. If they had any balls at all, that would've ended this search on day 1.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that’s gonna be an underwhelming hire?

You have to avoid letting facts (like real interviews and offers proffered) cloud your judgement here! Because it was reported by some shyster, wannabe, click-baiting "journalist" on the internet, all those deals just have to be true. Tennessee was like the desperate ugly girl out flashing the good bits attempting unsuccessfully to get a date.

The never offered Kelly "rejected" Tennessee, and Gundy says nothing happened, but those will added to the Tennessee forklore (intended) as more of the coaches who were offered the position and spurned Tennessee - and why we are too poor, ugly, cheap, worthless or whatever to have good things.

You have to wonder if this degree of scatological analyis - the self loathing, outright stupidity, and unicorn worship - exists in all fanbases, or is Tennessee uniquely blessed.

Some of the fans want everything now and our admin. will put the coaches on a shoestring budget if they don't produce titles and bowls in 3-4 yrs. CBJ had his chance to get us to the Sugar Bowl. He was gone then. DeBord been around a long time and knew it was coming. Only reason CBJ coached in 2017 was the Hart - Currie transition. To answer your question M.Richt was an OC at FSU before UGA took him as HC. Same with Smart. Miss St. just hired Penn St. OC as HC. We hired CJP so what? Let Tee Martin get some more experience and his day will come. Think he'd turn down Bama for 4.5 mil. Some folks just don't get it, these coaches are due. They've earned it. Some of them work out some don't. These obnoxious fans, I feel many times turn coaches off if they were to read some of this garbage.

You said it best.add peterson,petrino,campbell,and frost. Maybe some of these was impossible but money talks so idk

Actually, no.

Jimbo gonna have to step up his game and it's not gonna happen overnight. Word is Herman has almost locked down Houston area because he is so well liked there. Good luck in the SEC west jimbo.

Ask Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma how it’s working for them. Must be terrible to have one of those prior coordinators as a HC now. Poor them.

That's a good post but consider CJP has the situaion Dabo had of the cupboard not half full. Riley and Smart took over pretty well stocked teams. I don't expect instant success cause CBJ lacked discipline and in the weight room too. That can be infectious if not stopped quick.

Let's just be honest for one minute, Mullen would have been the better hire, by far... Another loss to Florida :rolleyes:

I will screenshot this for 2018. I think that will be a much closer game than you seem to expect. Who knows how 2018 plays out but that is one of the games that I believe we have a solid chance to win, of course we are still 9 months away from football. A lot can change (Taggart was the HC of 3 programs in 365 days)

Solid hire, but not great.

To me...saying that is so subjective. Anyone is a solid hire until they are a great one or not.

I seriously wonder what the Clemson fan boards looked like when they went out and hired a WR Coach (Spelled out...Wide Receivers Coach, that's at least 2 steps below a coordinator.) My guess is there were more than a few detractors who cried out...all we can get is a WR coach.

Just saying you never really know til you do.

When I identify as a UT fan, I don’t get laughed at and I couldn’t care less what the morons in the media think. Why do people laugh at you? Maybe it’s you they are laughing at and not UT?

Reactions: 2 people

Gruden is still laughing at you.

LOL, really? Haters will hate....... I do hope you find joy in your life, maybe as a Dawg. Bammer, or Aubbie fan?

Your post holds zero substance. Please show your work to why all mentioned are better hires? Miles is the only one that has a NC or SECC ring.... Sorry but not buying what you're selling..... Fail for me.

Outside of Miles what have the others done? How many championships have Leach, Sumlin and Kiffin won? 0. Leach has been a HC for over 10 years and his teams have never smelled a championship game. Kiffin bombed at USC with a team loaded with NFL talent. Sumlin won 2 West Championship in Conference USA when he was at Houston--Butch Jones won more.

If you are going by their records they won't get this team to a championship!!

According to your poll, you are in the vast minority. I'm not bashing you about it because we won't know how this turns out for at least 2-3 years. It's just interesting to see the overwhelming support for him out of the gate.

I’d rather have gotten Miles or Leach.

So I’m no “happy” but I’m satisfied. I’ll gladly give him a shot and support him until he gives me reason not to.

I think we’ll know enough about him by the end of year 2 early year 3 (UF game). Hope he wins big. Seems like a cool guy.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back