Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

My friend hadn’t heard anything on Holman as of last night. At this point I’d take that as a slightly concerning sign. They really felt good they’d land him, but thought they would know by now. I’m sure they have been informed one way or another but feel like it probably would’ve leaked out had it been good news.

Imagine you see something publicly today or tomorrow. Hoping for the best but I don’t feel as confident as I did earlier this week. But again, even if they don’t land him they’re gonna be just fine

On Denton - I don’t have any info on what he’s leaning or deciding to do, but I do know they’ve always had a plan on if he returns. And that plan includes trying him and Amick all over the field, and trying CMo in the outfield. V is big on competition and is good at managing egos and getting buy in. Competition will be incredible this fall at almost every position. Denton could play 1B/2B/3B and might even get a shot a corner OF spot just to see what happens if he does return. Amick probably the same.

Defensive positions/DH spot and batting order will get worked out over fall ball and probably into the non-conference slate, but to have the following collection of bats has to make any fan feel confident going into next season. I know people around knoxville are expecting one of the best offensive teams of the Vitello era.

Right Handed Bats:
Christian Moore
Billy Amick
Hunter Ensley
Colby Backus
Robin Villenueve
Ariel Antigua
Dean Curley
Bradke Lohry
Alex Perry
Cole Eaton
Stone Lawless
Cal Stark
Charlie Taylor

Left Handed Bats:
Blake Burke
Dylan Dreiling
Kavares Tears
Reese Chapman
Dalton Bargo
Blake Grimmer
Brayden Sharp
Ethan Payne

Switch Hitters:
Cannon Peebles
Zane Denton

I come bearing neither poop nor rainbows. This is all I know-- Holman called LSU coaches and our coaches yesterday and shared his decision. He asked for it to be kept quiet til he announces today/tomorrow. The decision happened. I can't get anything on what it was. I asked if there is optimism, signals, blah blah blah... I can't get anything. At the least, both staffs are honoring his request to keep quiet. I am suspicious that LSU fans know anymore than I/we do. Sorry I can't clear any fog. No one outside TV and maybe assistants are inside the circle on this information. I assume if it seeps out, even a little, my friends will let me know. For now, no one outside baseball staff knows. I don't have any connections in that group.

My friend hadn’t heard anything on Holman as of last night. At this point I’d take that as a slightly concerning sign. They really felt good they’d land him, but thought they would know by now. I’m sure they have been informed one way or another but feel like it probably would’ve leaked out had it been good news.

Imagine you see something publicly today or tomorrow. Hoping for the best but I don’t feel as confident as I did earlier this week. But again, even if they don’t land him they’re gonna be just fine

On Denton - I don’t have any info on what he’s leaning or deciding to do, but I do know they’ve always had a plan on if he returns. And that plan includes trying him and Amick all over the field, and trying CMo in the outfield. V is big on competition and is good at managing egos and getting buy in. Competition will be incredible this fall at almost every position. Denton could play 1B/2B/3B and might even get a shot a corner OF spot just to see what happens if he does return. Amick probably the same.

Defensive positions/DH spot and batting order will get worked out over fall ball and probably into the non-conference slate, but to have the following collection of bats has to make any fan feel confident going into next season. I know people around knoxville are expecting one of the best offensive teams of the Vitello era.

Right Handed Bats:
Christian Moore
Billy Amick
Hunter Ensley
Colby Backus
Robin Villenueve
Ariel Antigua
Dean Curley
Bradke Lohry
Alex Perry
Cole Eaton
Stone Lawless
Cal Stark
Charlie Taylor

Left Handed Bats:
Blake Burke
Dylan Dreiling
Kavares Tears
Reese Chapman
Dalton Bargo
Blake Grimmer
Brayden Sharp
Ethan Payne

Switch Hitters:
Cannon Peebles
Zane Denton

No news is only good news….until it’s not. It’s an unfortunate ending to a long drawn out recruitment. It’s disappointing, but as you said, not the end of the world. Considering how much time TV and Frank invested in this one, I’m sure it will sting. Going to be a lot of inexperience in this rotation next year for us though.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I come bearing neither poop nor rainbows. This is all I know-- Holman called LSU coaches and our coaches yesterday and shared his decision. He asked for it to be kept quiet til he announces today/tomorrow. The decision happened. I can't get anything on what it was. I asked if there is optimism, signals, blah blah blah... I can't get anything. At the least, both staffs are honoring his request to keep quiet. I am suspicious that LSU fans know anymore than I/we do. Sorry I can't clear any fog. No one outside TV and maybe assistants are inside the circle on this information. I assume if it seeps out, even a little, my friends will let me know. For now, no one outside baseball staff knows. I don't have any connections in that group.

You’re a good man, SF. If these LSU “insiders” actually know, that just means the LSU staff already talked which means they already didn’t respect the kid’s wishes. Pretty ****** of them if true. Hopefully the insiders don’t know he called both staffs and are mistaking a simple call as a commitment.

My friends tell me they know but I won't tell what my friends know. But you will know by the end of the week. My friends have been dead on so far so I'm assuming they are dead on with this one also. Maybe some of ya'lls friends are tired of telling ya'll stuff and then it being on here before it gets out. Eventually your friends won't tell you anything. I've got a few friends that don't get told anything anymore. I'm guessing by this afternoon you will get your answers to how far south he is going.

My friends tell me they know but I won't tell what my friends know. But you will know by the end of the week. My friends have been dead on so far so I'm assuming they are dead on with this one also. Maybe some of ya'lls friends are tired of telling ya'll stuff and then it being on here before it gets out. Eventually your friends won't tell you anything. I've got a few friends that don't get told anything anymore. I'm guessing by this afternoon you will get your answers to how far south he is going.
I am directionally challenged, but I believe if he is going South, that is not good news for us.

And if he goes one of those places, the meltdown on this board will be as bad or worse…lol

Nah. I won’t meltdown. I really want Holman, but not getting him would just be a mild disappointment. We’ve landed two studs in Peebles and Amick that were high-profile recruitments, so we’ve done well this off-season. Holman would just be the cherry on top.

It’s also funny to see how everyone is operating off basically the same information to inform their opinions lol. Like, the LSU On3 Mod said just now that Holman’s father has been big in this recruitment and he was “blown away by LSU” which is almost verbatim what we heard about his father’s reaction to the Tennessee visit.

Not sure who “some of ya’ll” is aimed at, but I’m pretty confident it’s misdirected. What you do and don’t know can’t be disproven, if you don’t share it. My connections tell me what I can and can’t share. I follow that, and share only what I can. So if your judgement is aimed at me, it’s incorrect. In this instance, I’m pretty confident your friends don’t know, because the highest circle outside the coaches office doesn’t know. Secrets rarely survive outside a group of two. That’s a statistical fact. I think TV and Frank know. I think the family knows. I think LSU coaches know. When it spreads one degree further, I’ll know. Your friends have a 50% chance of being right whether they know or not, and saying we’ll know by the end of the week is about as prescient as predicting an object will fall if you drop it.

I think Holman goes to LSU because they need him more. That's their sales speech.
He'd get better coaching in Knoxville
He'd get more money and better weather in Baton Rouge.

Reactions: TechnoVol
He'd get more money and better weather in Baton Rouge.

In what world does Baton Rouge have better weather than Knoxville? It's a swamp bucket in the summer with oppressive humidity and under a threat of hurricanes in summer and fall. Oh and it doesn't have Fall at all. As for not having winter, Knoxville doesn't have much of that, either, these days.

VN Store

Back