Miss State - L
Bama - L
So Car - L
UAB - W
Kentucky - W
Missouri - L
Vandy - W

7-5, highlight win over Georgia.
It seems to me, if we're good enough to beat GA...we probably would go better than 7-5? Now with that said, the GA game would have to be a good game played hard by both schools..not a win on a "bad Saturday" for GA.

Reactions: 08Vol and Jaws
well, the only thing i know for sure is that we all can't be right.

i for one, think UGA's overall talent level is still a head above the rest of the east, and is reason numero uno why they'll win the East.

UF and USCe should be next based on most recent performance, but USCe's schedule is really difficult.

UF...i mean, they aren't gonna suck. and i don't think the schedule is awful, though there are a few land mines out there.

TN...our schedule is as light as it's been in a long time, but we still have UGA, UF and Bama.

match ups are pretty much impossible to do right now, but if there's anything to the year 2 stuff, i just don't think this will be same team that got it's doors blown off last season because we looked completely inept.

we don't have the overall talent or depth. but i think this team will step on the field and at least look the the team it's about to play.

we'll win more than we lose this year, i feel confident in saying that. my advice for anyone in the East that we play this year...better get your win while you can. i really don't think it's gonna be long before some of y'all start getting hit in the mouth by TN again.

carry on.

Reactions: Sara Clark and Jaws
It seems to me, if we're good enough to beat GA...we probably would go better than 7-5? Now with that said, the GA game would have to be a good game played hard by both schools..not a win on a "bad Saturday" for GA.

Possibly. But odd stuff happens every year. Last year, good enough to win at Auburn and pound a pretty good Kentucky, but lose to Vandy and a mediocre South Carolina.

I like UT over Georgia because it’s still fairly early in the year (5th game), UT is coming off a bye week, Georgia is overrated, it’s the first big SEC home game in Knoxville and the crowd will be insane. I got UT.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Possibly. But odd stuff happens every year. Last year, good enough to win at Auburn and pound a pretty good Kentucky, but lose to Vandy and a mediocre South Carolina.

I like UT over Georgia because it’s still fairly early in the year (5th game), UT is coming off a bye week, Georgia is overrated, it’s the first big SEC home game in Knoxville and the crowd will be insane. I got UT.
and we'll be undefeated, so it'll be a meaningful game, for both conf/division and nationally, for both teams.

Reactions: Behr and Jaws
meh. hardly even worth trying to pick the games we'll win/lose, but if you are looking at the schedule, i think it breaks down like this:
4 OOC wins
2 SEC losses (bama/UGA)

and then 6 other games that we should be competitive in/have a shot at winning. win 3 or 4 of those.

go to a bowl, sign a great class, and wgwtfa in 20/21.....
peace.

I'm not expecting a win at Florida, but if it happens, you won't have to wonder who "Florida Man.... " is.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I'm not expecting a win at Florida, but if it happens, you won't have to wonder who "Florida Man.... " is.
oh, don't let us go down there and win in gainesville......................lol.

we win that game, i say mark that date as the date we turned the corner as a program..........and then get used to it.........i wouldn't see it changing for a while.

there's not a thing about Mullen's Jordans that scare me, win or lose this year.

Reactions: 08Vol and Behr
Depth on both lines has to be a concern at this point. No SEC team is excited about playing UFs secondary but depth there could be an issue as well with some of he offseason shenanigans. Will tell you though like we told Louisville fans a few years back, Grantham seems good in year one, but the longer he is there, you start to realize he is pretty good with other people's recruits but loses his luster in years 2 and 3 and so on ..
If Florida is a toss-up, so is Georgia. Y’all gotta stop listening to Finebaum, etc about Georgia being this Bama/Clemson-like behemoth. UT played Georgia tough last year, UT gets them at home this year, they have major issues at WR, questions on the DL, and may as well have two dudes from this board as their back-up QB’s behind Fromm.

They got shredded at LSU last year, choked-away another game against Bama, and got embarrassed by Texas. And most importantly, Tennessee did the rest of the SEC a favor by snagging Chaney. I think we all agree Chaney will make UT better, and if you believe that, you gotta take it a step further and say losing him hurts Georgia, because they didn’t exactly hire Josh McDaniels or Kyle Shanahan to replace him.

I think UT stands a much better chance of beating Georgia than Florida.

So, I complemented their secondary but if you think all is hunky dorey depth wise, then I guess Gatornator is a complete idiot (I don't think he is) when he said a couple of injuries (Wilson being one) were he reason Drew Locke had nice day against that secondary last year. Which is it? You can't have both. The starters there are damn good but it was Swamp247 boards (I don't read Free Seafood U or MiMami boards) that also talked about how thin they are there if there is another injury or two which is the reason Chris Steele leaving wasnt a good thing at all.

Georgia has recruited at a level that is FAR AND AWAY better than even under Richt so off of talent alone it will be tough to beat them. The talent gap got even wider this year with the losses UF has to the draft and graduation. When the 2019 talent composite comes out, it will show that.

Now, I wasn't a Chaney hater like some of the other UGA fans, but he has his quirks like any coordinator like predictable play calling at times, goes into a shell in the 4th quarter and completely forgetting that he has TEs with ball catching skills. But there is a reason the new OC and DC were promoted in house and that was to keep continuity going.

I mean, I get it .. UF fans are still feeling good about last years ending. As I pointed out though, it wasn't as awesome as some want us to believe. Losing back to back games against UGA and Mizzou (in the Swamp at that) by 3 scores, having to come from behind at the end of the game (again, in the Swamp) to beat a USCe team that lost 6 games including a shutout to UVA in their bowl game, beating up bad Idaho and FSU teams and a Michigan team missing several key players (still a quality win but would have liked to have seen that one with all players involved that got Michigan in that game) just isn't as impressive as the overall win total of 10 wins. The LSU win was impressive, I'll give you that, but losing to UK and barely skating by MSU .. all these things don't add up to awe inspiring unless, again, you are just going off the win total.

we win that game, i say mark that date as the date we turned the corner as a program..........and then get used to it.........i wouldn't see it changing for a while.

there's not a thing about Mullen's Jordans that scare me, win or lose this year.
I'm right there with ya!!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
If Florida is a toss-up, so is Georgia. Y’all gotta stop listening to Finebaum, etc about Georgia being this Bama/Clemson-like behemoth. UT played Georgia tough last year, UT gets them at home this year, they have major issues at WR, questions on the DL, and may as well have two dudes from this board as their back-up QB’s behind Fromm.

They got shredded at LSU last year, choked-away another game against Bama, and got embarrassed by Texas. And most importantly, Tennessee did the rest of the SEC a favor by snagging Chaney. I think we all agree Chaney will make UT better, and if you believe that, you gotta take it a step further and say losing him hurts Georgia, because they didn’t exactly hire Josh McDaniels or Kyle Shanahan to replace him.

I think UT stands a much better chance of beating Georgia than Florida.

This is partly right .. the issues a WR may be just fine if potential does what potential can do but we just don't know. Two 5*s coming in (I know, Blaylock lost his at the end after being the star of AA Game somehow), Cager as a transfer from Miami, and 4 and 5 stars in Simmons and Robertson so if they play up to their potential, great, if not ...

On the DL, there are no questions there so can't figure out where the heck you got that from. With Tyler Clark, David Marshall, Beal, Herring, and Jordan Davis clogging the middle, Adam Anderson and Brenton Cox coming off the edge and a slew of new guys on top of that, this is NOT a concern for UGA at all and won't be fun for opposing OLs for the next few years.

As far as QBs go, I wouldn't go there as long as you have Felipe Franks and his might face chinchilla running the offense.

Funniest line of this thread right there

please let us be 5-0 to start this season. pretty please with a cherry on top. please?

Reactions: Behr
6 Wins
4 Toss Ups: FL, SC, MO, MS
2 Loss: AL GA

I'm on a limb with BYU, I think it's a win. I think we get all the OOC, KY, and Vandy at a minimum. Would like to steal all or at least 2 of the toss ups. 8-4 or 9-3 is doable, but I think a stretch.

Ah hell, what was I thinking! 12-1, we don't beat Bama twice in a season (we get'em in the SECCG though) WOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!! (in my best Rick Flair) Go VOLS!
Agree. I'm trying not to overestimate UT as I look and try to objectively estimate some of the others.

I'm just not buying Mizzou or Odom. He is pretty much out of Pinkel players. The holdovers were developed by Odom, not Pinkel. It is now Odom's roster. I could be wrong... but I think they're going to sink.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and Behr
Agree. I'm trying not to overestimate UT as I look and try to objectively estimate some of the others.

I'm just not buying Mizzou or Odom. He is pretty much out of Pinkel players. The holdovers were developed by Odom, not Pinkel. It is now Odom's roster. I could be wrong... but I think they're going to sink.
the great unknown is how Bryant translates. but yeah, i agree. i also think MSU falls back to Earth losing so much production from last year. though i'm fairly high on the new QB in starkville, i'm not so high on some of the other skill positions. UK and vandy aslo both lose a great deal of production, though Vandy still has a few guys that have caused us big problems the last couple years.

i think 8 is definitely doable. 7 is fine. past that, i'll either be elated or disappointed if we fall outside of either of those win totals.

... goes into a shell in the 4th quarter...
By and large that's the HC's call, not the OC's.

As frustrating as it is for a lot of us, some of the better HC's will put games in the hands of their punter and DC rather than their OC 100% of the time when they have a late lead against a good opponent.

This is partly right .. the issues a WR may be just fine if potential does what potential can do but we just don't know. Two 5*s coming in (I know, Blaylock lost his at the end after being the star of AA Game somehow), Cager as a transfer from Miami, and 4 and 5 stars in Simmons and Robertson so if they play up to their potential, great, if not ...

On the DL, there are no questions there so can't figure out where the heck you got that from. With Tyler Clark, David Marshall, Beal, Herring, and Jordan Davis clogging the middle, Adam Anderson and Brenton Cox coming off the edge and a slew of new guys on top of that, this is NOT a concern for UGA at all and won't be fun for opposing OLs for the next few years.

As far as QBs go, I wouldn't go there as long as you have Felipe Franks and his might face chinchilla running the offense.

Regarding UGA’s d-line, when you absorb all the info floating around out there, from podcasts, to magazines, to online articles, tv shows, etc, most indicate that while UGA has recruited extremely well, the one area where they have been somewhat average is the D-Line. There are recent articles on Dawgnation about this and some have Kirby himself quoted as saying he needs more out of the D-Line for Georgia to be complete. Who is the Jabari Zuniga type pass rusher opposing teams should fear from Georgia?

Regarding Franks, you’re simply not being honest with yourself if you didn’t see the noticeable improvement from 2017 to 2018, and the improvement from early 2018 to the end of 2018. Listen, REGARDLESS of the competition, Franks lacked confidence and was poorly coached in 2017. It didn’t matter who Florida played. By year’s end in 2018, Franks was the reason UF was exploding on offense, not just some dude out there trying not to screw up. The talent is there, and when you understand what QB’s have historically done under Mullen in year two, you have to see the reason for Florida fan optimism.

I think UTs schedule really does lay out for them to pull 8 this year ... my Army deployment buddy is a HUGE Mizzou fan and he tries to spin it but I remember Kelly Bryant being a giant weakness for Clemson the year before Sunshine got there. So why on a team with less talent around him, although Albert O is a MONSTER that you have to account for, is he going to somehow fill in mightily for the departed Locke? I have to agree with you on this and I think Odom is a decent coach just not a decent HC

Reactions: sjt18
the great unknown is how Bryant translates. but yeah, i agree. i also think MSU falls back to Earth losing so much production from last year. though i'm fairly high on the new QB in starkville, i'm not so high on some of the other skill positions. UK and vandy aslo both lose a great deal of production, though Vandy still has a few guys that have caused us big problems the last couple years.

i think 8 is definitely doable. 7 is fine. past that, i'll either be elated or disappointed if we fall outside of either of those win totals.
I like Bryant a lot. I simply don't think he becomes Drew Lock in one off-season. I would also rate Lock at the Lawrence level (without the supporting cast)... Bryant isn't. Lock IMO carried Mizzou last year and made plays most QB's can't make.

By and large that's the HC's call, not the OC's.

As frustrating as it is for a lot of us, some of the better HC's will put games in the hands of their punter and DC rather than their OC 100% of the time when they have a late lead against a good opponent.
We had heard from a really close source that it was as mutual a decision as it could get for UGA with the HC and OC. Both felt they could just line up and shove it down Bama's throat and it didn't work.

VN Store

Back