Post game thoughts

I definitely can see what you're saying

Me personally, I do think it was a foul, however, I think the right call was made since Auburn was flopping the whole game and the no call foul on Vescovi at the end

Well Barnes said he thought it wasn’t a foul. He’s usually a straight shooter on things like that after game. He explained his assessment in post game to Bob.

What really amazes me is how cold some of our players can get shooting. ZZ 0-10 from two, 0-7 from three? Heard that stat when he was shooting the final fts. ON just could not hit a turn around jumper. Plav and Aidoo both inside struggled. If not for JJJ it would have been crazy ugly. Maybe there is something to the intense d gassing our offensive inefficiency? Auburn didn’t look any better and no, I don’t want Pearl back. Last two games have been a real struggle offensively and getting concerned moving towards Bama at home.
I'm not where you heard that ZZ was 0-10 from two and 0-7 from three but they misspoke. He was 0-10 overall, 0-3 from two and 0-7 from three. Per UT stat sheet.

Reactions: volintheham
When you have a 6'9" guy whose stat line is 8-29 with 11 rebounds in the last two games, you are probably gonna struggle. He needs to stop shooting, one good game doesnt make you a scoring threat......

We take too many stupid shots that you could get at any time. We stopped moving the ball the last two games and it shows.

Well Barnes said he thought it wasn’t a foul. He’s usually a straight shooter on things like that after game. He explained his assessment in post game to Bob.
Of course he said that. Hoping for similar treatment when Bama comes to Knoxville.

Hard to argue with much aside from the "basketball isn't a pretty sport" comment.

Hope we aren't still dealing with the "Barnes haters who want Bruce back" crowd. I've been through a divorce and moved on - if these clowns are still out there, they need to move on as well...we've had two coaches between - be happy where we are as a program, and if you love him so much - be happy for Bruce as well.

A game like this is where your experienced leader makes the difference & JJJ did just that.

Hope our boys get some shots up in Pratt and not the Strip tonight and move on.

They will be @ the strip (they get in free) but they only have two or three choices since the other two- three bars closed over the holiday break. My son saw them out frequently at bars (before Christmas break) and said they were cool guys. He said Uros is a funny guy who always buys shots for his friends. 😂

Regarding basketball, surely their shots will begin to fall. One good thing is this team hasn’t peaked yet. I anticipate one, maybe two, more losses before the SEC tourney. Then hopefully we will get hot and go on a 6 game winning streak to end the season.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
It was a rugged game and we didn’t help ourselves any on offense. But we found a way to win. Auburn played a very good defensive game as well so give them some credit. Having said that there is no reason for us to have that much trouble scoring, we have to hit the easy shots and the great looks. At times we can’t miss and then sometimes we are stone cold. We got to finish better on offense when it’s there more consistently.

ON absolutely did not foul. Offensive player initiated the contact and ON’s body, arms, and hands were straight up in the air establishing his position on the floor, which he has every tight to do. Good no call by the refs. Offensive player flopped after initiating contact, making it look like a foul, but was not.

Quad 1 win
Top 25 win
A win against Bruce

That's a big big win. Not pretty but basketball isn't a pretty sport, it's not about style points but who has the most points

I rather have an ugly win than an ugly loss

This is tough day for the Barnes haters who want Pearl back.

You guys criticize Barnes for his offense, how many points did Pearl's team score today?

This was definitely an ugly game, for both teams. Auburn did some flopping but I tend to believe that was a legitimate foul, at the end. Every analyst and former player I saw in Post Game stuff, thought it was a foul. I look at it like a pass interference call..."it ain't interference, if the official doesn't toss the flag." During a season, every team will get bad calls, both for and against them. I'm glad this one favored us.

Bruce is a very good Coach but Barnes is one of the best in the Country. There's no way I would trade Rick for Bruce. As the Vols program continues to get better, Barnes' ability to attract 5-star players will increase. For now, he is doing an awesome job with the roster he has. I wish he could Coach the Lady Vols too.

Quad 1 win
Top 25 win
A win against Bruce

That's a big big win. Not pretty but basketball isn't a pretty sport, it's not about style points but who has the most points

I rather have an ugly win than an ugly loss

This is tough day for the Barnes haters who want Pearl back.

You guys criticize Barnes for his offense, how many points did Pearl's team score today?
We play them twice and i predict they’ll stomp our guts out to end the year.

What really amazes me is how cold some of our players can get shooting. ZZ 0-10 from two, 0-7 from three? Heard that stat when he was shooting the final fts. ON just could not hit a turn around jumper. Plav and Aidoo both inside struggled. If not for JJJ it would have been crazy ugly. Maybe there is something to the intense d gassing our offensive inefficiency? Auburn didn’t look any better and no, I don’t want Pearl back. Last two games have been a real struggle offensively and getting concerned moving towards Bama at home.
ZZ wasn't 0-17

VN Store

Back