Practice 1 Updates 3.21

“You guys asked me about position changes yesterday, and I didn’t say anything, but that position change happened toward the end of (last) year,” Jones said. “Austin Smith has moved back to linebacker.”

http://bit.ly/2nz2MQv

Good! Was growing weary of undersized DE's in lieu of beast linebackers.

Agree with you 100% that the OL will be key to our success, it has to drastically improve no matter who our qb is imo. That said, the qb who knows where to go with the ball, can be decisive, can check to the right protections, can greatly aid the OL and make it more effective, even hide some discrepancies. JG could be better in most things that QD, but he hesitates and holds on to the ball a second longer than QD, he'll be the one more prone to getting hit/sacked.

I can agree with, but I just don't think either QD or JG, are going to be able to bail out plays the way Dobbs did the last two years. I think QD will end up getting the nod from Butch in the end unless JG makes leapfrog progression this spring. QD is the safer pick, and he's actually got some college snaps under his belt.

How could you possibly assume that? He's never taken a snap in a real game. Ridiculous statement.

Butch Jones has a proclivity of making the wrong decision whether its personel or gameplan associated. I expect him to pick the wrong QB to start. Then the right QB will save the season. Guarantano is that right QB.

If Butch Jones makes this mistake that I am predicting, he should be fired.

Butch Jones has a proclivity of making the wrong decision whether its personel or gameplan associated. I expect him to pick the wrong QB to start. Then the right QB will save the season. Guarantano is that right QB.

I have my issues with Jones but declaring a kid that has yet to take a snap "the right QB" 6 months before the season is special. Not that it's a shock anymore.

If you want a clearer picture just read some other posts, it will be crystal.

Reactions: 6 people

What baffles me is that you still seem to care about a team you called absolute garbage. I am sure if we have a not too great season this year, you will not be a fan anymore.

Reactions: 5 people
I think I understand your point, but I think other things will determine who our qb is.....who has a better grasp of the offense, the protections, where to go with the ball/decision making, who the team responds better to, who's more accurate throwing the ball, who can get them out of bad plays, etc.

My guess is that Ainge is right, that no starter will be named, that both QBs will play in the GT game, perhaps a game or 2 even beyond that, until one of them truly separates himself, which is something not likely to happen until both have gotten meaningful snaps in games that matter.

This is absolutely one of my favorite posts from you.

Running an entire offense and being the leader of your team, takes much more than just being the best passer with mobility.
Would be great if both have already won the team and mastered the offense but *IF JG has more talent, he may still have to develop in the other areas.

I can already see d4h reading this in complete confusion "they never grow their game, they just come straight from hs.. better"

Reactions: 2 people
Guarantano: being the QB of the future SEC champions will be very exciting

Unfortunately Butch Jones will keep him on the bench until the season is lost. Then he'll light it up only to have us wondering what could have been had he started the entire season.

Expect Butch to mess this QB competition up.

That's just what he does.

We have so so many question marks on the team... anywhere from 5-7 to 9-3 wouldn't surprise me

We have so so many question marks on the team... anywhere from 5-7 to 9-3 wouldn't surprise me

Butch Jones coaching like he always does = 7-5/8-4

Butch Jones coaching smart for a change = 10-2/11-1

This team has the talent to win the East and compete for an SEC championship. It all comes down to whether Butch Jones can make the right personnel decisions and whether he can coach late in close games.

The talent is here. I doubt the coaching is.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately Butch Jones will keep him on the bench until the season is lost. Then he'll light it up only to have us wondering what could have been had he started the entire season.

Please keep yapping.
I've never met anyone as consistently wrong as you. I got sick last year when you predicted Heisman trophies and playoffs. Just knew we were screwed after that.

Hearing all of your doomsday predictions this season, has made me feel much better.

Reactions: 12 people

You are a man on an island. Even the haters won't defend you.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back