Practice 1 Updates 3.21

Does it bother anyone else how the QB is holding the football in one of the first few pics of this thread? Maybe it's just before he rotates it? Maybe I am OCD?

Butch Jones has a proclivity of making the wrong decision whether its personel or gameplan associated. I expect him to pick the wrong QB to start. Then the right QB will save the season. Guarantano is that right QB.

If Butch Jones makes this mistake that I am predicting, he should be fired.

So if he picks JG from the start does that make him the wrong QB?

Reactions: 1 person
From the interviews yesterday, I got a distinct inkling in the difference in the individual QB's relationships with Dobbs. Think JG has always maintained contact while Dormady hasn't since Dobbs left campus. Sheriron always followed Dobbs around like a puppy. Nothing contentious, but it seems Dormady mainly focused on how Dobbs kept his focus and composure. Passing mechanics and such, he's done his own thing...(don't hate :)) kinda like Peyton did as the least mobile of the QB lot he drew.

Reactions: 3 people
Please, please, please, do not bite every time our least favorite VN poster spews absolute trash, dumbness, ineptitude, crap, stupidity, trollclivity, moronic thinking, sheer nonsense and BS. I hereby beg for ya'll to first hit your ignore button, then ignore it when others quote him. You can do it, I know you can. Be strong.

Is there any way to mute someone from quotes too?

You know Peterman turned out to be a very good college QB, with a chance to make it in the NFL, don't you?

Peterman did not turn into a good qb. He was still average and is coasting by on hype from the one single good game he had in his career. He had one 300 yard game EVER. 308 vs Clemson. He beat Clemson so people forget how mediocre the rest was. He was still pretty bad.

If a qb that has one 300 yard game in his career is good to you I don't know what to say.

From the interviews yesterday, I got a distinct inkling in the difference in the individual QB's relationships with Dobbs. Think JG has always maintained contact while Dormady hasn't since Dobbs left campus. Sheriron always followed Dobbs around like a puppy. Nothing contentious, but it seems Dormady mainly focused on how Dobbs kept his focus and composure. Passing mechanics and such, he's done his own thing...(don't hate :)) kinda like Peyton did as the least mobile of the QB lot he drew.

I don't know if it means anything, but that is a very astute analysis of his personality and focus.

I am a JG fan because of his extra weapon, his legs. Dormady has never impressed me but I will back the winner, but my gut tells me Dormady will start the season and be replaced by JG. Of course that means another bad start.

I completly agree. JG is the QB of the future! If Dormady wins I will support him 100% I just don't think QD will be the guy to take us to the next level!!! Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Did his "daddy" also rate him a 4 star prospect and one of the top prostyle QBs in the country. Iirc, that was Jon Gruden at Tennessee's qb camp evaluating and "signing off" on Dormady to Jones which led to his offer and eventual signing, not "daddy".

Nobody was beating Dobbs out last year, not QD, not Sheriron Jones, not JG, not anybody.

Why the animus against a kid who's very talented and done nothing other than put his head down, work very hard and carry himself very well since coming to Knoxville? I don't get it Remy.

He was Rated the # 11 Pro QB #262 Overall
S. Jones was #7 dual QB #254 Overall

Dormady is the lowest rated QB on our Roster. :) Dormady is a talented Kid and Tennessee has a great problem with an abundance of Talent at QB. This offseason should be a great opportunity for them to prove their worth! Let the Best man win!!!

The cream will rise to the top no matter who it is...Just Win Vols!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He was Rated the # 11 Pro QB #262 Overall
S. Jones was #7 dual QB #254 Overall

Dormady is the lowest rated QB on our Roster But who needs facts right! :)

Wtf does that mean? Everything I posted was a fact. What Jones was rated has nothing to do with what stated about QD.

Wtf does that mean? Everything I posted was a fact. What Jones was rated has nothing to do with what stated about QD.
|

My point was he wasn't that highly rated there were atleast 17 QBs rated ahead of him.

I hit the send button to quick re-read my edited post, It wasn't an attack on you!!!:)

Re-read yours before I posted, Sorry for The confusion!

Last edited:
Cam and JRM were coaching up the young Vols at practice yesterday. Wish they had another year.

Unfortunately Butch Jones will keep him on the bench until the season is lost. Then he'll light it up only to have us wondering what could have been had he started the entire season.

Expect Butch to mess this QB competition up.

That's just what he does.

You do realize by Butch not pulling your boy in the SC game, we lost out on the Sugar Bowl right?

VN Store

Back