Practice 9/6

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think Jeff George is ever going to be a contributor. He is too gangly, and he doesn't seem to have elite athleticism. Whenever I watch him on video, he just appears to run awkwardly. I would love for him to come down with some 50/50 balls in the endzone, but I just don't see him being a big play threat.

In fact , if you consider the last 3 regular season games last year ( Missouri, Kentucky and Vandy) AND Georgia Tech.........we've given up an average 398 yards/game in rushing yards . Almost 400 rushing yards/game . Just incredible .

I guess the fact that we were decimated with injuries is totally irrelevant. You are basing a whole lot on last year, and the first game which were playing a option team that runs the triple option almost to perfection. I will wait and let the season unfold and see how it shakes instead of taking you word for how things are going to play out. GBO!!!!!!

I think Murphy and Palmer are sounding like some dependable playmakers. Where is Byrd in all this talk? Gosh, we have so much depth at WR!

I guess the fact that we were decimated with injuries is totally irrelevant. You are basing a whole lot on last year, and the first game which were playing a option team that runs the triple option almost to perfection. I will wait and let the season unfold and see how it shakes instead of taking you word for how things are going to play out. GBO!!!!!!

I agree we were decimated with injuries last year , but Kentucky , Mizzou and Candy are SEC bottom dwellers . C'mon , man !

Butch is the HC and he has the AUTHORITY to tell THIG, YOu need to develop another LB otherwise, THIG thinks his decision to play Jumper is OK. That's what the HC is supposed to do.........

I'm sure he has and I'm sure Thig is trying to develop the LBs and just hasn't been as successful as VN wants, so far. It's just one game and although Thig is the weak link on defense, imo, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of more games.

While I've been saying that our defense is better than what Monday showed; however, we have a very slim chance to make it to the NC. We'll have an extremely successful season if we have 2 losses.

Just go ahead and predict we'll win the NC every year forward and tell us how elite our team is. Then when we fail, you can just blame it on the coach because he doesn't see the true talent like you.

Not a slim chance, zip/zero/nada chance to win the SEC, let alone playing for and win a NC. Let's just win an awful SECe first, shall we?

Was that Abernathy trailing the play from the backfield and keeping the back from getting into the EZ after catching the pass?

It was close, and if they hadn't called the QB down, that stop would have been HUGE!

Our DB on their full(?)back, 1x1, and he stood him up and stopped him in his tracks. Good on you, Abernathy!

You need to look at the play again. The QB was not down and the pass was not caught. It hit the ground first and the official immediately called in incomplete and the game was over. Just make stuff up though.

Ditto Alexis Johnson.
Monday was Johnson's first game. I think it reasonable to give him a little slack. He should see a lot more snaps Saturday. I expect that Hoke will get him going. Patience is in short supply with Vol fans; but in this case, it may be justified.

You need to look at the play again. The QB was not down and the pass was not caught. It hit the ground first and the official immediately called in incomplete and the game was over. Just make stuff up though.

Did I accidentally insult you or your mom with that post or something? I was just trying to pay one of our players a compliment. Settle down.

I agree we were decimated with injuries last year , but Kentucky , Mizzou and Candy are SEC bottom dwellers . C'mon , man !

And we didn't have K-Mac,Tuttle,Taylor, and a few more that I don't have time to name up front. But you say they aren't going to make a factor in our D-Line, okay whatever. I'm done arguing with you. We will see how the season shakes out. GBO!!!!

If you believe that, you don't pay attention to Tennessee football. Josh Smith has some of the best hands on the team

Josh Smith for his career on The Hill has dropped at least as many or more than he has caught. <smh>

VN Store

Back