Practice Updates 8.28.16

We know what they can do and they know the offense. No one needs to touch them.

I know that but don't they still need to practice just like the rest of the team? Do they really not have any type of injuries & Butch is placing them in green jerseys to keep them out of practice?

To me, that just not right & fair to any of the other players if they're not really nicked up. They need to be practicing here 4 days away from the 1st game again unless they're really banged up.

I know that but don't they still need to practice just like the rest of the team? Do they really not have any type of injuries & Butch is placing them in green jerseys to keep them out of practice?

To me, that just not right & fair to any of the other players if they're not really nicked up. They need to be practicing here 4 days away from the 1st game again unless they're really banged up.

BS

Reactions: 23 people

It's called not being stupid and getting your best players hurt before the first game. And yes, they're still practicing. Just bc they're wearing green doesn't mean they're not out there. Watch some video. Jesus

Reactions: 9 people
Get jacked up y'all, It's FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 15 people

Unbelievable.

Reactions: 18 people
It's called not being stupid and getting your best players hurt before the first game. And yes, they're still practicing. Just bc they're wearing green doesn't mean they're not out there. Watch some video. Jesus

I thought the poster that brought this up said they didn't practice. My bad if that's not what was stated. I'll go back & look at the posts to see. Thanks.

Love this class of OLinemen...hope they all do.

Niehaus seems so athletic and strong..

Thought he was as raw a prospect as we've seen...was excited about the potential. Like Buchanan and Williams, they don't wanna wait...3 Stars be damned! Good job from the staff identifying their talent but did our coaches develop them this much or were they underrated?

Reactions: 1 person

And risk injury to our main weapon? Nah. We did the same thing last year with Hurd and it turned out just fine.

Reactions: 1 person
And risk injury to our main weapon? Nah. We did the same thing last year with Hurd and it turned out just fine.

Let me give you'll one example of why this isn't right or fair. Say Cam Sutton who starts as well is out there busting his butt off in practice & not worrying about injury or anything but he sees Hurd & Kamara wearing green jerseys to keep from getting hit. What's he thinking?

Here I am busting my tail off 4 days before the game but these 2 players are just going half-practice to keep from getting hit? How does that make him as a veteran on this team feel? What about the newcomers? How does that make them feel?

I say they should fully practice. They need to be used to being hit & in shape 100% here 4 days before the game. That's my opinion but of course nobody wants to agree with me on anything I give my opinion on here. Thanks!

Let me give you'll one example of why this isn't right or fair. Say Cam Sutton who starts as well is out there busting his butt off in practice & not worrying about injury or anything but he sees Hurd & Kamara wearing green jerseys to keep from getting hit. What's he thinking?

Here I am busting my tail off 4 days before the game but these 2 players are just going half-practice to keep from getting hit? How does that make him as a veteran on this team feel? What about the newcomers? How does that make them feel?

I say they should fully practice. They need to be used to being hit & in shape 100% here 4 days before the game. That's my opinion but of course nobody wants to agree with me on anythng I give my opinion on here. Thanks!

You do what is smart, not what pleases some dufus fan.

The NFL does this all the time. Hurd has nothing to prove and rbs have very limited mileage.

Reactions: 11 people

I say they should fully practice. They need to be used to being hit & in shape 100% here 4 days before the game. That's my opinion but of course nobody wants to agree with me on anything I give my opinion on here. Thanks!

Didn't know Sutton was so immature? :dunno:

Guess nobody ever told you before so let me be the first. Life isn't fair. Fair doesn't exist. It's a figment of your imagination. Made up by the luxury of first world countries.

Reactions: 4 people
Thought he was as raw a prospect as we've seen...was excited about the potential. Like Buchanan and Williams, they don't wanna wait...3 Stars be damned! Good job from the staff identifying their talent but did our coaches develop them this much or were they underrated?

I think big time football has evolved into an impatient era....mirrors society in a way. Instant results is the theme and kids are being promised immediate time to accomodate the need to play now, before being ready, to substantiate rankings or hype. Recruting tactics have changed...but, the sooner they can help, the better, I suppose..

You do what is smart, not what pleases some dufus fan.

The NFL does this all the time. Hurd has nothing to prove and rbs have very limited mileage.

I didn't say a thing about pleasing a fan buddy. My post had nothing to do with the fans!

Didn't know Sutton was so immature? :dunno:

Guess nobody ever told you before so let me be the first. Life isn't fair. Fair doesn't exist. It's a figment of your imagination. Made up by the luxury of first world countries.

I didn't say Sutton was immature. I used him as an example. Could have been anybody else that starts & is out there busting their butt right now.

Unfortunately, you're right. Since it came from you it is believable.

OK! Gotcha! I don't want Hurd or Kamara to get hurt anymore than anybody else but if they're not really banged up it's just not right. That's how I feel about this & will be my last post about it. Thanks guys!

I didn't say a thing about pleasing a fan buddy. My post had nothing to do with the fans!

I didn't say Sutton was immature. I used him as an example. Could have been anybody else that starts & is out there busting their butt right now.

Sutton is not hitting somebody on every play like Jalen. Nor is he getting tackled 30 times every game and running over or breaking tackles from 2-3 players each time.

There is a huge difference between the abuse a cornerback takes versus a running back.

I don't even know why I'm trying to make a point. It's like talking to a brick wall...

Reactions: 14 people
Sutton is not hitting somebody on every play like Jalen. Nor is he getting tackled 30 times every game and running over or breaking tackles from 2-3 players each time.

There is a huge difference between the abuse a cornerback takes versus a running back.

I don't even know why I'm trying to make a point. It's like talking to a brick wall...

I used Sutton as an example. It could be any other starter at OL, TE, DL, LB, CB, S. They are all still hitting each other. You say that I'm like talking to a brick wall. All Sutton was is an example.

Take any other position besides Cam & they're all still hitting each other & falling on the ground pretty hard at times. Thanks!

I used Sutton as an example. It could be any other starter at OL, TE, DL, LB, CB, S. They are all still hitting each other. You say that I'm like talking to a brick wall. All Sutton was is an example.

Take any other position besides Cam & they're all still hitting each other & falling on the ground pretty hard at times. Thanks!
Those guys have nothing to prove. They've already proved it. Right or wrong let one of those guys go down in practice and be lost for the season and we'd all be pulling our hair out wondering what the coaches were thinking letting them go full contact. Losing any of those guys would likely alter the outcome of our season. Not worth the risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back