Prayers for Eric Berry (sore ankle per Coach Reid)

I just got word he was carted off the field with a severe leg injury.

Are you real with the ''pray for''? C'mon man! A huge celebrity and incredibly wealthy man needs our prayers because he sprained his ankle. Damn man. Pray for a cancer stricken child. Or a family that's hungry. Or people in other parts of the world that could be murdered because they are Christians in a Muslim nation. Pray for anything on earth except a professional athlete that has a Bobo. Damn man! I hate these threads.

Reactions: 3 people
This thread title is now hilarious.

I have a sore back and no multi-million dollar bank account, can I get some prayers too?

Reactions: 2 people
Add me please. I just stepped on a dog toy on the steps, fell back, hit my elbow and jarred my bad shoulder.
But I be damned if I'm going to be carted off my own steps.

Reactions: 3 people
Add me please. I just stepped on a dog toy on the steps, fell back, hit my elbow and jarred my bad shoulder.
But I be damned if I'm going to be carted off my own steps.

True VFL walks to the cart on their own power.:loco:

As a big Berry/Chief/Vols fan this scared me when it was reported. Glad to see it is not serious and that it happened early in camp.

Sorry for the title.. I just got word from someone close and at the time it seemed worst than it was. This was before he was evaluated. As for the prayers, yes I would pray for anyone. Chattavol yes I pray for Israel as well. Very close to my heart. Sorry I upset some of you guys..

Reactions: 2 people
What would this forum do if a real crisis developed?

Praying for a sprained foot or ankle on an NFL defender in training camp? Geez.........

Sorry for the title.. I just got word from someone close and at the time it seemed worst than it was. This was before he was evaluated. As for the prayers, yes I would pray for anyone. Chattavol yes I pray for Israel as well. Very close to my heart. Sorry I upset some of you guys..

Amen brother. I definitely don't agree with all these prayer haters around here. We can pray for whatever we want to. 1. He is always listening. 2. Its 'Murica.

Its kind of ridiculous to rain derision on someone for praying. Its like, hey you're a Christian and so am I, but my prayers are more important. If I wake up and pray I have a good day am I selfish because I'm not praying for a hungry kid in Congo? Sheesh.

Amen brother. I definitely don't agree with all these prayer haters around here. We can pray for whatever we want to. 1. He is always listening. 2. Its 'Murica.

Its kind of ridiculous to rain derision on someone for praying. Its like, hey you're a Christian and so am I, but my prayers are more important. If I wake up and pray I have a good day am I selfish because I'm not praying for a hungry kid in Congo? Sheesh.

It's insulting and selfish to pray for someone who already has so much when so many others really need help

Power of VN prayer is strong. EB went from critical condition to sprain in like a page and 1/2.

Reactions: 1 person
....in all things. If you want people to pray about significant things, then suggest it. Maybe on a 3rd world hunger message board. No need to establish a rating system for the worthiness of someone's prayer.

It's insulting and selfish to pray for someone who already has so much when so many others really need help

We're not going to debate prayer in this thread. Move along.

And for the reading challenged, it's obvious when the OP made the thread he had heard it was a "severe injury". Later, after Reid's comments, I updated the title so y'all wouldn't freak out.

I do think praying for sore ankles is overkill but what EB does back home for his community would be impossible without his health.

fe6e47d4f96b82d947c56de2fe47efa508236ba1c07998cda00bbd6ae1b010aa.jpg

VN Store

Back