*****Press Conference today at 4pm

[twitter]https://twitter.com/DavidBallWVLT/status/936622667775569920[/twitter]

David Ball WVLT
Update: Chancellor Beverly Davenport will hold a news conference at 4 p.m. today in the Ray and Lucy Hand Digital Studio.

Fire that b!tch NOW.. wont answer questions about any coaches..She is uselss.. Why is she there..

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, she treated it like a deposition.

Yep. Very careful with her words, and you could tell she was very nervous. $100 says she immediately walked backstage and puked her guts out in the team121 trash can.

She knows the legal ramifications here, which also tells me they'll be looking to fire Currie with cause.

Reactions: 3 people
The most interesting thing I heard is his comment about being young and making bad decisions, yet getting older and becoming more wise... Kidding back on the board

Dr Davenport is next. I think DiPietrio? is after her. I think we are looking at a colon cleansing of the UT management.

Bev: I am here to announce a change in leadership.

That's it boys 'n' girls. She was on board when "P5 experienced" John Currie was hired. Her guy screwed the pooch/got stabbed in the back/was sacrificed to staunch the bleeding. Damage control. Limited declarations, limited responses to questions. Keep the focus on "a change has been made; we're moving forward."

In her circumstances, it's the smart play.

FWIW..................
Per the transcript of todays presser when Bev was asked why she didn't give Currie the chance to land The Pirate...

Look how UTSPORTS.COM edited the transcript :

Chancellor Dr. Beverly Davenport: On whether John Currie was working on deal with Washington State coach Mike Leach:
"I want to be clear today that we're here to talk about the change in the leadership in the athletics department. I'm not going to talk about coaches at any other schools or at any other places."

This was not what was asked and I thought she should have answered the real question...funny how UTAD edited what was supposed to be the word for word record of the presser

Anybody have a link to Phil's presser? I was at work all day and didn't see it

VN Store

Back