Press Conference

You miss the point. I don't care how well they might of played the rest of the game, the blew it in a way that should NEVER happen. Yet, it has happened here three times in three seasons.

A WR should NEVER get behind coverage in those situations.

And, I am not even mentioning the breakdown on 4th and 14 against Florida in 2015.

At some point, you have to rely on your defense to close games. Our defense leaves the door wide open.

Spot on. Problem #1 in my book.

You missed the point. First regardless of who was the QB either could hand the ball off to J.K.

I also responded to Butch's lame excuse that J.G. had not practiced the QB sneak which has to be one of the worst excuses I've heard, but point is who's fault is it if that was true? Plus he could hand ball off to J.K. either way DO NOT THROW THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The real answer there is keep QD in the game as he was waving off the substitution and didn't want to leave the field. Or call timeout and get it right. I had more issue with this decision than any other in the game.

Don't break your keyboard reading this Beecher.

From JAV on JG

"Q played a bad game Saturday. He owns that as well. I'm telling you right now unequivocally that JG isn't ready at all to be the starter here. He's confident and cocky but he doesn't have the trust of his teammates. He couldn't even get the right snap count on a QB sneak. Doesn't mean he won't have it ever and doesn't diminish his ability which is very big. QD has to play alot better than he did the majority of that game in order to be a balanced offense going forward. The receivers are the group that week have the single most impact on Q being a better QB. They are not good right now and that's being kind. Can't have the kinds of breakdowns they had Saturday and play winning football."

I don't believe this bull**** for a second...put him in and let him play! I swear this is stuff the coaches feed the press and message boards to make excuses, without coming directly from them.

Bingo. If Butch and his staff cannot develop a guy that has as much talent as JG, then that says a lot.

Well....they couldn't develop Nathan Peterman....and he was good enough to lead Pitt to a win over Clemson at clemson....and good enough to make an NFL roster....

This ain't really nothing new....Dobbs never really improved throwing the ball when he was here...more than the normal progression of more experience and age in the offense...

I don't believe this bull**** for a second...put him in and let him play! I swear this is stuff the coaches feed the press and message boards to make excuses, without coming directly from them.

He is not ready. He did mess up the snap count. He has the potential to be really really good.

Peterman was not ready - some of you will say he was thrown to the wolves when he was not ready. Now we have another one who needs some time and you all want to throw him to the wolves as well.

The real answer there is keep QD in the game as he was waving off the substitution and didn't want to leave the field. Or call timeout and get it right. I had more issue with this decision than any other in the game.

So you had no problem with throwing 3 times from 6 inches away.

So you had no problem with throwing 3 times from 6 inches away.

The one pass should have been caught. Palmer had two massive mistakes with the drop and the bad route that resulted in a pick.

However, we should have never been in shotgun to begin with.

The one pass should have been caught. Palmer had two massive mistakes with the drop and the bad route that resulted in a pick.

However, we should have never been in shotgun to begin with.
That supports the reason you don't throw on the 1.

That supports the reason you don't throw on the 1.

I don't mind the throw but it has to be a fade to the back pylon. We obviously had the bigger receivers. However once again, with a 6"4' QB, you gotta sneak it.

Butch Jones isn't gonna get any better as a Head Coach than he already is. Its legit that simple. This is as good as he ever gets. I honestly think they should go ahead and fire him and start the search for a replacement instead of waiting till the end of the season to start the search...which will put whoever they hire in a bad spot on the rectruiting trail, coming in so late. We're just gonna get ****ed again if that happens.

A bunch of weak*** questions... we need someone who isn't afraid to step up and ask some big boy questions. Like "Butch, well another loss to another bad Florida team. That makes you 1-4 against Florida during your tenure here at UT. Specifically, what are you going to do to fix that?" "How do you explain the misuse, or lack thereof, of John Kelly during redzone situations?"

It is a heavily controlled environment. They are not going to allow the coach to get rattled.

It's really not even worth listening to Butch. Everything is scripted to a "T". And when it's not scripted you get these headline cliches.

College beat reporters don't ask tough questions because they know they'll piss off the coach and media relations staff and then get frozen out/ignored by the staff. So they try to keep things polite, which leads to these exercises in public relations we call press conferences. You want a true waste of time--listen to a H. Warlick presser.

Jones is not a good game-day coach/tactician--that is pretty clear by now. I mean, we completely botched multiple opportunities to win the game. That was one of the dumbest coaching performances I've yet seen. Every year we find ways to embarrass ourselves against florida. We're like the man walking down the street every day who keeps stepping in the same hole.

Not the first time.. somehow I'm starting to believe The Hurd drama..

DING, DING, DING!

You sir, get the prize for thinking and beginning to connect the dots and putting the big picture together about CBJ...

Hurd just added to the "confusion" about CBJ by quitting...and his stupid decision actually shifted all focus away from CBJ's "dog and pony" show....

Butch Jones isn't gonna get any better as a Head Coach than he already is. Its legit that simple. This is as good as he ever gets. I honestly think they should go ahead and fire him and start the search for a replacement instead of waiting till the end of the season to start the search...which will put whoever they hire in a bad spot on the rectruiting trail, coming in so late. We're just gonna get ****ed again if that happens.

AD Currie is not gonna fire Butch with possibly a top 5 class coming in...that would be after next season...if then...:)

GO VOLS!

AD Currie is not gonna fire Butch with possibly a top 5 class coming in...that would be after next season...if then...:)

GO VOLS!

So I guess you're in Bobby Scotts camp that eventually Jones will recruit enough talent to overcome his coaching short comings

Assuming Jalen Hurts and Jarrett Guarantano were at reasonably the same level development/talent wise coming out of high school.

Why is it that Hurts can lead Bama to Natty in his freshman year but Guarantano can't run a QB sneak is his RS freshman year?

The question I would have asked is why you put JG in the game at all in that situation. It was at the end zone where the stadium was the loudest. The shotgun snap was obviously not guaranteed either.

Just call a time out. Get Dormady back out there and run your O.

That would tell everyone that JG isn't ready. A lot of folks don't want to hear that. I find it hard to believe there isn't a John Kelly wildcat package for times like this.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back