Preston Williams test score flagged by NCAA

The only positive about this is at least he has more time to get 100% healthy. I wasn't looking for him to contribute till the end of the season anyway.

The big issue is him being totally ineligible. Which means he can't be on scholarship. Which means he probably won't stay at UT this year.

So basically it isn't a matter of him scoring high enough to pass...he has to score as high or higher than his 2nd take of the test or he is screwed.

Unbelievable.

Flag his score now? One month before the season starts.
When did he take it the second time?
How long has the NCAA had that score before flagging it and informing UT?
I can't wait til the power five breaks away from NCAA.

You have to always remember, the NCAA has to review the records of every single signed or enrolled freshman to make sure they meet the ClearingHouse standards. The fact that Tennessee admitted him with no issues is not a concern for them. Also remember, the NCAA works on their own schedule, not the schedule of a college or University. It has always been this way.

The ACT and SAT scoring go hand in hand in regards to the testing process. What I quoted was in general what happens weather you take the SAT or ACT....same rules apply on the re-take .

Yes but I think some are looking for the scores of the ACT to get in. Whether it be a 22 or a 26 is a big difference.

This. Off-season. Needs. To. End.

This is just horrible. I do not have a good feeling about him returning at all now. What is with all this attrition? Between the people leaving at the end of the spring and the last two weeks filled with discipline issues and people leaving the team, this is not a good luck. Some of you might just say, "Well Bruce and Oliver weren't that great anyway so not a big loss." That's not the point. This is a BAD look for the program when we have so many kids either leaving the program or dealing with other issues.

Screw this offseason. This went from quiet and enjoyable to hell. It went 0 to 100 real ****ing quick. :banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

So basically he did too well and they aren't buying it? Lol gtfo. What a joke.

Well not exactly...he has taken the test twice...and the
2nd time his score was significantly higher...drawing the red flag. So by the NCAA rules...he has to retake the test to validate the 2nd score...score as high or higher to be eligible.

So basically he did too well and they aren't buying it? Lol gtfo. What a joke.

And some of these situations turn out to mean the kid really didn't take the test himself in question. These situations often don't end well.

Probably wasn't going to play much anyway - reported that he was at 80% physically a few days ago. You can't be that effective as a WR in the SEC at 80% - see Malone and North last year when they weren't 100%. Everyone needs to relax.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh College Football has more drama than the Young and the Restless :), every team experiences these things with their classes. However, I thought ACT scores were already validated prior to accepting them into the school. Is this the Academia side vs. Athletics?

Coach Jones will make the proper adjustments and move on.

V O L S!

And some of these situations turn out to mean the kid really didn't take the test himself in question. These situations often don't end well.

What I don't understand is I took the ACT about 6-7 years ago. Even then, the security and precautionary measures were pretty extensive. I don't see how some kids get away with cheating or other people taking the test for them. It just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: 8 people
Probably wasn't going to play much anyway - reported that he was at 80% physically a few days ago. You can't be that effective as a WR in the SEC at 80% - see Malone and North last year when they weren't 100%. Everyone needs to relax.

Doesn't hurt much this year but if he can't validate that test then he very possibly never plays here or at least doesn't for at least the next 2 years

I think people are worried about bigger issues than him playing this year.

Yes but I think some are looking for the scores of the ACT to get in. Whether it be a 22 or a 26 is a big difference.

With a 2.8 GPA, for example, you need an NCAA ACT requirements score of 57. It really depends on his GPA in high school on what he needs to score. The higher the GPA, the lower the ACT score needed.

I guess it could be a blessing in disguise. WR corp is deep regardless right now. Preston having to take a red shirt year wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for this team's future.

Reactions: 1 person
2nd time his score was significantly higher...drawing the red flag. So by the NCAA rules...he has to retake the test to validate the 2nd score...score as high or higher to be eligible.

thats a dumb rule. if he takes it a second time and doesn't score as high but still passes, it doesn't neccesarily mean he cheated. he could've just had a good day when he took it the second. or he could've studied much more.

terrible rule. just watch him take the test. if he passes, he passes. if he doesn't, he doesn't. this idea that he has to validate the last score to prove he didn't cheat makes no sense.

Reactions: 7 people
The attrition of Blueshirts isn't concerning to me. Bruce or Oliver wouldn't have played until 2017 or so. And that's a maybe. The off the field stuff has me concerned more. The DUI with Moseley and the Rape charges the past couple of years. Those are what can smudge your programs view. The ACT with Preston is still in wait and see mode. This kind of attrition in football isn't well known by some in volnation. Things can change and I think the blueshirt idea was really smart with these kids. Unfortunately both dug their own graves. I trust Butch to get this under control. We need the season to start fast. I'm just glad the ones getting in trouble this year aren't important key players.

I understood he greatly improved, I don't know maybe he you know..studied. Lol. Shocking.

Reactions: 2 people
thats a dumb rule. if he takes it a second time and doesn't score as high but still passes, it doesn't neccesarily mean he cheated. he could've just had a good day when he took it the second. or he could've studied much more.

terrible rule. just watch him take the test. if he passes, he passes. if he doesn't, he doesn't. this idea that he has to validate the last score to prove he didn't cheat makes no sense.

I agree with you...does make no sense if he didn't' cheat but just had a really good testing day...but the NCAA has some ridiculous rules and this happens to be one of them.

Doesn't hurt much this year but if he can't validate that test then he very possibly never plays here or at least doesn't for at least the next 2 years

Are you just pulling this out of your behind or do you actually know the procedure? Why would the University of Tennessee have to revoke his scholarship if he passes the test?

VN Store

Back