Pro day thoughts?

Every NFL franchise was at the Tennessee pro day per Eric Cain.

Jerome Carvin talked to the Falcons and Raiders before his workout.

I would like to see the Atlanta Falcons draft a Tennessee player or two in this upcoming draft because Atlanta has not historically had a lot of Tennessee Volunteers on their rosters in franchise history.

No. Not when most CBs run faster than that and won't be confused by Huepels formations and hyper speed play calling. He's not a juking tackle avoiding wide receiver, not big enough to block effectively. He needed speed to boost his status, without it, he'll need to show that his I'm game speed is enough(if it in fact is). Without it, he won't last long in the league. I like the guy, I just never saw the speed during games that he was hyped to have. I hope he does make it and continue to represent the University as well as he has.
Lol 4.4 he is plenty fast to run by anyone in the NFL. Hes talking to 30 teams who evaluate players for a living. Without a strained hamstring Jalin is probably a 4.3 guy.

No. Not when most CBs run faster than that and won't be confused by Huepels formations and hyper speed play calling. He's not a juking tackle avoiding wide receiver, not big enough to block effectively. He needed speed to boost his status, without it, he'll need to show that his I'm game speed is enough(if it in fact is). Without it, he won't last long in the league. I like the guy, I just never saw the speed during games that he was hyped to have. I hope he does make it and continue to represent the University as well as he has.
images

dGT07d.gif

these are 2 future NFL DBs that couldn't run with him physically. Not design or tempo. Talent on talent.

What were you watching bro lol???

Tillman will be the steal of the draft. Not necessarily the best player, but his success to draft position should be the best. This is of course assuming he goes in goes in round 3+ as many project.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Lol 4.4 he is plenty fast to run by anyone in the NFL. Hes talking to 30 teams who evaluate players for a living. Without a strained hamstring Jalin is probably a 4.3 guy.

He can barely outrun Byron Young lol, you are delusional if you think he's that fast. He'll only get slower as he gets heavier, if he doesn't get bigger, he'll get broken by the defense. The slower he gets the less useful he is. Go ahead and drink the Kool aid though, I'm sure it's refreshing.

images

dGT07d.gif

these are 2 future NFL DBs that couldn't run with him physically. Not design or tempo. Talent on talent.

That's scheming him open, the safety in the one is clearly faster, took a bad angle and then took out the db who hesitated on the pattern and let JH go by him already at full speed. JH is good, but he's not blazing and while these dB's may make the NFL, the ones already there won't make these mistakes. I'll gladly eat crow, but unfortunately for you, I don't see it in a future menu. If that changes, you let me know and I'll order some up.

He can barely outrun Byron Young lol, you are delusional if you think he's that fast. He'll only get slower as he gets heavier, if he doesn't get bigger, he'll get broken by the defense. The slower he gets the less useful he is. Go ahead and drink the Kool aid though, I'm sure it's refreshing.
He won the biletnikoff award for best WR in CFB.

Your'e not offering any real analysis about Hyatt's actual skillset, other than what you call a subpar time.
Anyone that says 4.41 isn't fast needs to be second guessed.

He's one of the best route runners in college football. And he gets faster as he runs. His top end speed is what you can't seem to gauge. As if his initial burst were slow (4.41)

Did you know the average NFL Combine 40 time for Pro-Bowl WRs this year was 4.53??

Last edited:
That's scheming him open, the safety in the one is clearly faster, took a bad angle and then took out the db who hesitated on the pattern and let JH go by him already at full speed. JH is good, but he's not blazing and while these dB's may make the NFL, the ones already there won't make these mistakes. I'll gladly eat crow, but unfortunately for you, I don't see it in a future menu. If that changes, you let me know and I'll order some up.
Yeah I'm going to come back in 3 years just for this post🙄.

You're wrong.
I'll leave it at that...

Bwahaha your delusional if you think Byron Young can run down Hyatt. Thats flat stupid. I give 0 damn what he ran at the combine. Look at his posture and mechanics of his 40, he did not train to run and was nursing a hamstring. So you do you and tell me your stupid without actually saying it. Deuces

Bwahaha your delusional if you think Byron Young can run down Hyatt. Thats flat stupid. I give 0 damn what he ran at the combine. Look at his posture and mechanics of his 40, he did not train to run and was nursing a hamstring. So you do you and tell me your stupid without actually saying it. Deuces

Actually, I never said he could run him down. That's your typical exaggeration to divert attention from the original issue you've decided to argue against. I said he was not as fast as he should have tested. If he does not end up faster in the field during gameplay he ultimately will not be a productive NFL receiver. With his current 40 time as the only actual measured stat that is true vs your and others impression, he's slow for a speed receiver. Byron Young ran nearly an identical speed and he isn't even as fast as many NFL guys are. We know he can't juke, he will not break tackles, or withstand the hits due to his size. If he cannot outrun defenders regularly then he will fall to the practice field or less. He's not developed any return game. He's not big bodied to be a possession receiver. He a niche athlete with, at this point a measured unimpressive timed 40. I don't just say that, the NFL draft forecasts say that, he's fallen down them steadily.

You giving a damn about his combine isn't relevant. You aren't an analyst, scout, or executive making any decisions. You are no more than I, giving an opinion. I don't give a flying duck if you agree with mine. There's a place where you can stick your opinion and mine for all I care, just be careful when you sit down later.

Please tell us how many times Marvin Harrison got broken by defenses. Or Wes Welker. Or Danny Amendola. Tillman was much slower than BY. If you think he would catch Tillman on the field you are insane. Keep up the dumb though.

He won the biletnikoff award for best WR in CFB.

Your'e not offering any real analysis about Hyatt's actual skillset, other than what you call a subpar time.
Anyone that says 4.41 isn't fast needs to be second guessed.

He's one of the best route runners in college football. And he gets faster as he runs. His top end speed is what you can't seem to gauge. As if his initial burst were slow (4.41)

Did you know the average NFL Combine 40 time for Pro-Bowl WRs this year was 4.53??

Winning an award doesn't mean crap in the league. Ask Tim Tebow and his many awards.

I've offered my opinion, nothing more. He's not a shifty juking tackle evader. He's a fly down the field receiver. That works in college, it won't in the league unless his time is better than he recorded, or his in pad playing speed is high enough. Some players do maintain speed better than others in pads. I just don't believe he'll be the benefactor of a confused secondary allowing him yards of separation to utilize any top end speed he may have that you imply. It's possible, but offenses in the NFL aren't as geared for his niche play. He's also very light and will need to beef up some, which might and probably will slow him down.

Averaging NFL receivers doesn't reflect anything. That's including possession and outside bigger bodied WR and in some cases players who are almost TEs. They typically run a good bit slower than the slot types. I don't find Hyatt to be exceptional athletically. He worked hard and learned his role well this last season. That however doesn't elevate his skillset to some mythical status. If he played for Florida or Vanderbilt no one here would suggest he was a future pro bowl caliber wr. So why does that change because he's wearing orange.

As stated before. I hope I'm incorrect, I would like him to be successful. I just don't think he will. As such, I'm done discussing this anymore.

Please tell us how many times Marvin Harrison got broken by defenses. Or Wes Welker. Or Danny Amendola. Tillman was much slower than BY. If you think he would catch Tillman on the field you are insane. Keep up the dumb though.

Marvin Harrison played the outside with Peyton, not the slot for who knows what team, no comparison.

Wes, Danny are both better than Hyatt. Sorry, it's the facts. Don't think I ever said Tillman could, would, or had ever caught Hyatt. So you keep up the ignorance.

I like how we've determined he's not fast because he ran a 4.4 flat on a bum hamstring with poor technique. Football running form is not the same as sprinter running form.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
images

dGT07d.gif

Agreed It's been a lot of years watching everybody else's receivers when playing the Vols with nobody within 10 yards of them, that is until this season and we had THAT guy.

VN Store

Back