Proof the CFP is about the "best" teams not the "most deserving"

Aside from all the hold outs, injuries, and transfers, something many of you are completely discarding is the power of WILL. If you think any of those FSU players (and coaches) had any desire whatsoever to be in that game yesterday after being wrongly shut out of the playoffs, you are crazy! Likewise, if you don't think that had an affect on their on the field performance you are equally crazy! This would've been a very different game under different circumstances. That was a boycott in every sense, short of FSU not physically showing up.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Apparently you don't know the difference between the ACC and CUSA. Maybe try googling what P5 is?
Oh look, another person ignoring their eye balls. P5 or not, FSU wasn’t one of the best 4 looking teams at years end. I’d argue they prob weren’t even top 8. It’s unfortunate but injuries matter. Bama and Georgia both should’ve been in before FSU. You just won’t let yourself say it due to your hatred of Bama and Ga. Good thing people like you dont run the committee. It would've been real fun watching FSU play liberty tomorrow. Spare me the opt out garbage to. They had the same opportunity to come play that Ga did. Would’ve been the same outcome in my opinion. Maybe a little better looking score. I do understand FSUs gripe. They did everything they could, they won. That doesn’t mean they were the best team EOS

Aside from all the hold outs, injuries, and transfers, something many of you are completely discarding is the power of WILL. If you think any of those FSU players (and coaches) had any desire whatsoever to be in that game yesterday after being wrongly shut out of the playoffs, you are crazy! Likewise, if you don't think that had an affect on their on the field performance you are equally crazy! This would've been a very different game under different circumstances. That was a boycott in every sense, short of FSU not physically showing up.
No it wouldn’t have. FSU was about a #10 team EOS. Not a 1-4. Anyone with eyeballs being realistic knows it. Keep blaming holdouts and making excuses. Ga belonged in the top 4 more so than FSU and they showed up and played. You’re getting to hung up on their record. It may be unfortunate and you may not like it but they weren’t top 4 at seasons end regardless of record. FSU was on the decline. Injuries, etc but it is what it is. Bama, Ga, ole miss, were all better than FSU at EOS. That doesn’t even factor in Wa or Mi. The ACC is a joke this year.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
So what do you think about that LSU win ? Doesn’t a team that won 2 OOC SEC games (including an annual rival) deserve a shot at the title ?

No because winning doesn’t matter. I already told you.

Does bama want to be in the CFP?
Don’t lose to a big 12 team at home.

Does TX want to be in the CFP?
Don’t lose to a team who got curb stomped by AZ in their bowl game.

It is not complicated.
It is more complicated than you paint it. Like it or not the committe lays it out for us. Many factors go into selection. Not just wins. “4 best teams”- that’s what isn’t complicated. FSU wasn’t one of them.

Opinions shouldn't matter. The fact is, FSU won all their games with the players they had. Alabama and Texas did not. FSU got robbed and they didn't really care about this game. There were over 20 opt outs IIRC.
Georgia had 20 out as well. They showed up. The only thing FSU got robbed of was being embarrassed on January 1st.

It is more complicated than you paint it. Like it or not the committe lays it out for us. Many factors go into selection. Not just wins. “4 best teams”- that’s what isn’t complicated. FSU wasn’t one of them.
The playoff this year isn’t the 4 best teams though.

Lmao at the desperation to suck off Disney and the NCAA over the results of yet another completely irrelevant bowl matchup. The whiplash I get from people using Georgia as the reason the NCAA got it right with their subjective and arbitrarily enforced "4 best teams" criteria when Georgia would be favored over all of them.

Such glee over a likely Alabama title.

You missed my point. I’ve seen so many people saying that bama deserved to be in because they’ve looked so “impressively unbeatable“ recently and FSU had faltered coming down the home stretch because of the shaky QB situation. I’m saying you can’t have it both ways. If you’re gonna look at FSU’s recent performances and downgrade them based on the “eye test” because Jordan Travis is out, how in the hell can you not majorly downgrade bama for stinking it up against the Barn in the last game of the season… and literally needing defensive coaching malpractice from Auburn on the last play of the game to squeak out a win ?!

Does not compute…
Then your computer ain’t working. Bama just beat Ga. The back to back team with 30ish straight wins under their belt. Truth be told, Ga is prob still the best in football, but they weren’t that day. That game is what means much more than the sloppy Auburn win. You’re just cherry picking garbage at this point for your narrative.

I would agree. But FSU isn’t the gripe. GA has an argument for sure.
This playoff is neither the 4 best nor 4 most deserving. What we have is the opinion of the committee.

If this is all opinion then the committee opened the door for all this griping because everyone has an opinion. At the end of the day the committee chose 4 teams of the top 6ish that could have been in. They got who they wanted and both FSU and UGA got screwed.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Georgia had 20 out as well. They showed up. The only thing FSU got robbed of was being embarrassed on January 1st.
It's nowhere near the same. They had 14 of 22 starters out, I'll say it again so you can understand, 14 of 22 starters didn't play. How many opt out starters did Georgia have? You're right, but not in the sense you made your post. Georgia starters showed up, FSU not so much. Facts not opinions. That was not the team that went undefeated, not even close.

Reactions: Colossus257
It's nowhere near the same. They had 14 of 22 starters out, I'll say it again so you can understand, 14 of 22 starters didn't play. How many opt out starters did Georgia have? You're right, but not in the sense you made your post. Georgia starters showed up, FSU not so much. Facts not opinions. That was not the team that went undefeated, not even close.
FSU didn't show up in any sense other than physical presence. People are being willfully blind if they can't see that FSU boycotted that game in every sense of the word other than not arriving at the stadium. It wouldn't surprise me if that team and staff did zero prep work for that game.

FSU didn't show up in any sense other than physical presence. People are being willfully blind if they can't see that FSU boycotted that game in every sense of the word other than not arriving at the stadium. It wouldn't surprise me if that team and staff did zero prep work for that game.
Georgia had 20 hit the portal. Georgia also pulled starters in the 3rd. You think FSU starters were worth 60 points in 2.5 quarters? Not a chance. FSU had 0 business there starters or not. I don’t know what it is with all the FSU fan boys all of the sudden. They weren’t a top 8 team. Definitely not a top 4.

This playoff is neither the 4 best nor 4 most deserving. What we have is the opinion of the committee.

If this is all opinion then the committee opened the door for all this griping because everyone has an opinion. At the end of the day the committee chose 4 teams of the top 6ish that could have been in. They got who they wanted and both FSU and UGA got screwed.
I think GA IN PART paid the price for the decision last year to let TCU in the playoff after a loss in their Conference cc, and treated our CC game as a playoff game. FSU for their impact injuries and the diminishing conference standing.

Next year we will probably hear about the NEW Pac whatever champion getting a top 4 seed automatically, unless they revisit that soon. Getting a bye with the high possibility they are not even a top 10 team sounds bizarre.

Personally I don't like giving the top 4 a bye that first week. Reward them with seeds 13-16 at home, but not AIR. They better restrict their practice days for that week at a minimum and they should be able to watch but not be able to use game film from first round games. Don't understand that logic at all. Basketball has play in games where 8 teams have to play an extra, but the top 4 don't get a game off while the rest of the field plays.

FSU had an argument that they should have made the playoffs. Georgia, while a weaker one, also had an argument based on the “best teams” qualifier.

FSU had more than two dozen players opt out in response. Georgia brought pretty much their whole roster of guys who actually play and prepped like it was the freakin’ CFP championship.

One team took their ball and quit. The other showed the committee and whining media what they were really made of.

I have zero sympathy for fsu. I’m glad they got looked over.

I knew it was true and called it before it happened. FSU was never going to be in the CFP

Georgia stomping FSU into a mud hole is proof they never belonged in the CFP. People saying "an undefeated P5 team MUST go is total BS in a world where there's only 2 'real' P5 football conferences.

The reality is the CFP should have taken both Bama and Georgia.

Like Ricky Bobby said if you're not in the SEC, your LAST.
LOL

Even so FSU shouldn’t be losing by 60.
Why? Georgia came in with a chip on their shoulder and FSU doesn't GAF about the game. Actually seems about right. The funny thing is that it doesn't prove anything, especially about Georgia.

Reactions: tbwhhs
FSU had an argument that they should have made the playoffs. Georgia, while a weaker one, also had an argument based on the “best teams” qualifier.

FSU had more than two dozen players opt out in response. Georgia brought pretty much their whole roster of guys who actually play and prepped like it was the freakin’ CFP championship.

One team took their ball and quit. The other showed the committee and whining media what they were really made of.

I have zero sympathy for fsu. I’m glad they got looked over.
I was with you until the last two sentences. What I don't GAF about is Georgia. They didn't prove ****.

I was with you until the last two sentences. What I don't GAF about is Georgia. They didn't prove ****.

I think it speaks volumes about the cultures of the two programs.

It causes me great pain to see UGa be successful, but I do recognize it and respect it.

That is a straw man argument if I’ve ever heard one and has zero bearing on the discussion. If any of the CFP teams had gotten left out there is a 99% chance that there would be all kinds of opt outs.
So how about GA? Lack of commitment is what it is. Nothing justifies the number of opt outs they experienced. The large part of the 60 pt. drubbing is on them.

Why are so many of you guys so dead set on not wanting the 4 best teams in the playoff?

I don’t care who makes the playoffs. At all. I’m just against any form of a “committee” picking the playoff teams. It ought to be predetermined by a set of criteria, like the nfl.

I’d be perfectly fine with saying it’s the top two teams from each of the p5 and two at large bids based on some kind of math. I don’t care who is seen as getting slighted. It’d be better than a committee picking and the pending second guessing.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I don’t care who makes the playoffs. At all. I’m just against any form of a “committee” picking the playoff teams. It ought to be predetermined by a set of criteria, like the nfl.

I’d be perfectly fine with saying it’s the top two teams from each of the p5 and two at large bids based on some kind of math. I don’t care who is seen as getting slighted. It’d be better than a committee picking and the pending second guessing.
I'm all about predetermined criteria, but for that you'd have to create more levels of schools. There's like 130 schools in the FBS and we all know some will never, ever have a chance at the playoff.

Having only a 4 team playoff determined by a group opinion is absurd. I say do 24 teams, just like the FCS does with no problem.

VN Store

Back