Protest if Doeren is hired over Brohm

EaglesVols91

Continue to let our voices be heard. We are the ones that pump money into this program. Rehire Butch before Doeren. Call back Schiano before him. His resume is terrible and pathetic to be in consideration for the next HC. I will bump this thread in 2-3 years once we are paying yet another coach a massive buyout.

Reactions: 7 people
Have to spend money to make money. Fork up a couple extra million for Brohm and revenue will pay for itself. Hire Doeren, profits go down, then we're paying millions for a buyout. What kind of logic is the administration using? Hopefully Brohm is locked in and set to announce after Dec 5th.

Reactions: 2 people
If one more protest over the next hiring occurs, no one will come near this program for another decade or more. We're already terminal. One more display like Sunday night and we're dead for good.
Not saying I'm not going to be disappointed and pissed off about the next hire. I probably will be. But the public tantrums have to stop.

Reactions: 9 people
Continue to let our voices be heard. We are the ones that pump money into this program. Rehire Butch before Doeren. Call back Schiano before him. His resume is terrible and pathetic to be in consideration for the next HC. I will bump this thread in 2-3 years once we are paying yet another coach a massive buyout.
If i lived down there, I'd be with you.... you know what? F-IT... i just might drive 9.5 hours and join you all, it'll be well worth it...

Reactions: 1 person
If one more protest over the next hiring occurs, no one will come near this program for another decade or more. We're already terminal. One more display like Sunday night and we're dead for good.
Not saying I'm not going to be disappointed and pissed off about the next hire. I probably will be. But the public tantrums have to stop.
It needs to be done. We’ve been Vandy for the last 10 years

Reactions: 3 people
Doeren is 15 and 25 against some STRONG ACC teams, just what we need here at UT. At this point I am going to have to join the masses at Gate 21 if we hire this bum. #LaneTrain GBO

Anyone going to the Game tonight? I would suggest making some very loud chants about our administration and who you'd like as a coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Damn straight. That dude is a bet average coach. We're setting like hellmif it's him. I'd way rather see us go with an interim coach and let the dust settle down before Doeren. We need to get in social media and protest again

You do what is right not bow to pressure.

That is what makes us Volunteers. F anyone that doesn't get it.

Silly goose

Nobody gets out of this alive. Short of hiring Saban, the next 5 years are gonna make the Dooley/Jones era look like happy days no matter who’s hired next

Our Admin has ruined us

Doeren would be a disaster here. He can barely hold his head above water in the ACC. He will get slaughtered here.

He is willing to listen because his current NC ST team is senior heavy and next year will be another rebuild for him. Losing 9 starters on defense.

Save your protests for real (not alleged/unverifiable) moral/ethical/legal issues and save the rest of Volnation the embarrassment of acting like a bunch of spoiled jack wagons who pitch a fit every time our favorite coach isn’t coming to UT.

So if our coaching search was the NFL draft who do you think Mel Kiper would have as best available?? Kiffin or Doeren

Point is we did not want Lane to leave when he did, so if we have the chance to get him to come back " Why the hell not? " DO IT!

I'll hang up and listen........:popcorn:

I saw on FB Arkansas will make a move for Kiffin. Of course, it's FB. But if they grab Kiffin while our Admin has been...doing whatever it is they are doing, they do not deserve our fanbase or it's support. I've never seen a group so out of touch

Thank you. It stuns me that any rational, thinking person seriously believes that mob rule will end in anything but total disaster.

We are borderline toxic after the Sunday debacle (as much as I'm thrilled that Schiano isn't coming here), and I think that some fans are under the delusion that decisions made by protests and twitter tantrums are somehow a good thing. All you're succeeding in doing is chasing any top coaching candidates away.

At this point we'll be very fortunate to get someone on the level of a Brohm, and if he doesn't take the job I'd either want Kiffin or a complete reset by naming Hoke the coach for next season, letting the dust settle, and starting a fresh search next year.

Quite frankly, I'd have been very happy with Kiffin before this whole thing started.

Last edited:
Save your protests for real (not alleged/unverifiable) moral/ethical/legal issues and save the rest of Volnation the embarrassment of acting like a bunch of spoiled jack wagons who pitch a fit every time our favorite coach isn’t coming to UT.

Fans who actually care about winning decided to do something about it.

Isn' it obvious why no decent coach will come here. We are seeing it again 5 years after we dumped Dooley and ended up with Butch. Same story now, 5 years later. No coach wants to deal with this pathetic fan base.

VN Store

Back