Pruitt calling a blitz right before the snap in a key moment of the game

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...ately-before-snap-leading-to-auburn-turnover/

Hot Damn we got us a real HC Nation. He's out there calling plays are coaching our boys up.

GBO

The most impressive thing about this was Buchanan looking at him and Pruitt sending him last second.

Buchanan obviously was told “look at me pre-snap”

Edit: Also it should be noted that when Warrior would jump up and down he already knew what play was coming his way. He did it multiple times to show the guys a play was coming his way. (That shows me this team is coached up)

Those numbers for Kirkland can’t be right... he had 3 solos on the final drive alone.

Pruitt said he didnt make any defensive adjustments but made a lot of offensive ones.
He may have said that but in the quote I heard... he said he "called the same plays"... not that he didn't make any adjustments.

The most impressive thing about this was Buchanan looking at him and Pruitt sending him last second.

Buchanan obviously was told “look at me pre-snap”

Edit: Also it should be noted that when Warrior would jump up and down he already knew what play was coming his way. He did it multiple times to show the guys a play was coming his way. (That shows me this team is coached up)
They're being coached. That's something we haven't seen for a while.... probably since Justin Wilcox.

found this interesting. Seems they went to the well one too many times and our coach may have sniffed it out

while the latter of those interceptions came on a botched trick play -- the same one the Tigers attempted a week ago against Mississippi State that resulted in Stidham overthrowing Darius Slayton deep downfield. This time, however, Tennessee sniffed out the play and pressured Stidham into an ill-advised pass intended for Davis that was easily picked off.

They're being coached. That's something we haven't seen for a while.... probably since Justin Wilcox.
it also proves some of the analyts' points, namely greg macleroy, that Auburn's packages are completely predictable, and they aren't making adjustments to compensate...personnel and alignment telegraph the play.

good for us for being preapred and taking advantage....

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
He may have said that but in the quote I heard... he said he "called the same plays"... not that he didn't make any adjustments.

I didnt read the exact quote honestly, just what they said on radio, the Pruitt said he made a lot of offensive adjustments but no defensive.

You're kidding right? There are a million things a modern SEC coach is responsible for. He is the CEO of a program. The college football landscape is littered with elite coordinators that fail as HC's (see Peter principle). Technically he is as responsible for what happens on offense as well as special teams. The speaking engagements and other random things he is contractually obligated to do. You have far less time available to "be a football coach" than as a DC. You have to manage an entire roster and hire/fire coaches. Part of the reason I was glad Fulmer ended up as AD. Phil is far better at the schmoozing and people-pleaser stuff so he can hopefully take some of that off Pruitt's plate.

Correct: Any CEO is responsible for everything that happens to his business. But many (most) times the fault is not his. ie., the captain of as ship, the athletic director, the owner of a business, and so on. How many successful CEOs of fairly large operations "run" the day to day nuts and bolts of the business? Not many I would guess. The best "bosses" are the ones that have the ability to hire the best man for the job he has need to cover. If he is a micro-manager (where have we heard this before) he runs up against the "hour-glass" principal. To much crap in, not enough crap out. Like you say he has Fulmer, to help with the things not "football". His job could be a lot harder.

VN Store

Back