Pruitt is the laughingstock of college football coaches

s3cuzo2jmzj31.jpg

I know the man is collecting millions, but this is a matter of personal pride. I don't care how much I was paid, I couldn't handle knowing that everyone in the world was laughing at me. However bad it hurts to be a Vol fan this week, that surely can't compare with how Pruitt must or should feel.

I hope he doesn’t sleep and craps 39 times a day and can’t even get it up for stress relief. He is a miserable freak show coach. He’s worse than Butch and Dooley. Fire him and Fulmer and hire the Kiffy.

I mean fulmer choosing Pruitt is about the most fulmer thing he could’ve possibly done. Go to our arch rival and take a guy that’s an assistant on that staff who’s never been a head coach. It’s a guy that absolutely could never say no as this could be the only chance he ever gets to be a head coach. His name hasn’t been mentioned a single time in connection to any other head coaching jobs. The convention wisdom would’ve been t go get an up and comer type coach that has proven himself to some extent already. No. Instead let’s go take a complete 100% unknown.
Also, I might add he chose a guy that’s a defensive coach when most of the great programs in college football today are offensive oriented.

Fulmer making the hire really wasn't that bad of a decision at the time. No coach was knocking on after the fiasco that happened. Maybe Less Miles. Pruitt was going to be a head coach somewhere.

Reactions: Russdaddy2027
About half the team are Pruitt’s recruits’.

If he can’t do it with that many of his own, plus BJ’s upperclassmen against a team that’s pick to finish at or near the bottom of the Sun Belt conference, he’s not competent enough to be a competitive coach in the SEC.

Plus the JUCO upperclassmen that are Pruitt’s as well.

SMDH!

I understand the frustration about JG and overall they we played but I think we need to chill out on Pruitt. Hear me out. There were very few bright spots but the ones that stood out the most were Pruitts freshman. Eric Gray, Henry To’oto’o, the o line (actually looked improved regardless of what some say) was a rotation of a lot of freshman. Now I don’t think he does that again and I think he’ll settle on a starting 5 now but now he has game tape against an actual opponent to more accurately choose the best 5. He did a lot of rotations outside of qb. In a rebuild, maybe it was a necessary sacrifice to put the best he has to compete with teams like Florida. Just a thought.....don’t hammer me.

Reactions: feathersax
Jeremy has little talent to work with after butch’s terrible recruiting — it will take 2-3 years to get his players

Strange a lot of butches recruits are playing and half the team are pruitts recruits

I understand the frustration about JG and overall they we played but I think we need to chill out on Pruitt. Hear me out. There were very few bright spots but the ones that stood out the most were Pruitts freshman. Eric Gray, Henry To’oto’o, the o line (actually looked improved regardless of what some say) was a rotation of a lot of freshman. Now I don’t think he does that again and I think he’ll settle on a starting 5 now but now he has game tape against an actual opponent to more accurately choose the best 5. He did a lot of rotations outside of qb. In a rebuild, maybe it was a necessary sacrifice to put the best he has to compete with teams like Florida. Just a thought.....don’t hammer me.

I would be with you if he had of rotated qb's as well, but he didn't

I mean fulmer choosing Pruitt is about the most fulmer thing he could’ve possibly done. Go to our arch rival and take a guy that’s an assistant on that staff who’s never been a head coach. It’s a guy that absolutely could never say no as this could be the only chance he ever gets to be a head coach. His name hasn’t been mentioned a single time in connection to any other head coaching jobs. The convention wisdom would’ve been t go get an up and comer type coach that has proven himself to some extent already. No. Instead let’s go take a complete 100% unknown.
Also, I might add he chose a guy that’s a defensive coach when most of the great programs in college football today are offensive oriented.
Actually he was on Mississippi State's short list. He told them no thanks when Tennessee became a possibility.

Jeremy has little talent to work with after butch’s terrible recruiting — it will take 2-3 years to get his players

Ummmmm you think they needed “his players” not to get beaten by Georgia State........basically by 15 points?

Reactions: amorange
Yeah, no doubt. History will remember CJP as the coach. But I'm also gonna remember several others as well. JG in particular, as well as Chaney, T Martin and those on the OL. I can try to give the DL a pass, same for the DL coach, the DC or HC, but no I remember them too. As I hear it from the hecklers in the street while wearing my TN paraphernalia......I'll remember all of them. "I'll give my all for Tennessee" is not for just you who suit up on Saturdays ....... it goes well beyond that. This past Saturday y'all crossed the line, and now the rest of us have to deal with it. Much appreciated.

Reactions: amorange

Not gonna hammer you, but you never sacrifice a loss to no d**n body. He should know that from the spring game and mostly, fall camp.............

Last edited:
No gonna hammer you, but you never sacrifice a loss to no d**n body. He should know that from the spring game and mostly, fall camp.............
I get it. And you’re right. But let’s say that was his plan thinking we beat GAST regardless, although we ended up losing, at this point would it be worth it if he figured it out and the result was beating Florida?

I get it. And you’re right. But let’s say that was his plan thinking we beat GAST regardless, although we ended up losing, at this point would it be worth it if he figured it out and the result was beating Florida?
Get back to us after that game and we'll talk.

Regardless, you do not lose to Georgia State. That is totally unacceptable no matter the end result. That one is the coach's responsibility. Pruitt blew it.

Reactions: amorange and alaVOL
Next week they'll unleash hell on BYU and everyone will be lighting up the forums with their crow eating BS and talkin aight again.

VN Store

Back