Pruitt=Kiffin 2.0

Not happening unless Dabo turns them down first. They will full court press Dabo.

I don't think Dabo is a shoe in to accept that job given what he is doing at Clemson right now.

He can slip at Clemson and still be a Saban like deity at that school. If he doesn't carry on as usual (Saban like) at Bama they'll be calling for his job.

Being able to get the game at Clemson is easier and comes with better job security and less scrutiny the years you don't.

Bama will go after Kirby Smart before Pruitt. Especially if Pruitt doesn't stop saying "Aight" at the end of every sentence. I personally think Pruitt will be way down the list of Bama's choices unless he goes 10-3 or 11-2 consistently and beats Saban in the SECCG a couple of times. That would be great but I don't see happening.

Also, Saban leaving after 3 more years is pure speculation isn't it. He is a competitor and unless he has a goal like winning 5 or 6 titles that triggers a predetermined time to quit, he may coach 8-10 years.

Wait a minute Aight.I believe I've heard Saban say Aight many times.Not as often as Pruitt but he does it too Aight.Carry on Aight :clapping:

I seriously doubt Bama would hire Pruitt. Those who doubt Dabo leaving are forgetting what the Bear said when offered the job.

Reactions: 1 person
I truly hope that we do end up fighting to keep him in 5 to 6 years. That means that he has been successful.

Yea because Mike Shula, Mike Price and Mike Debose were elite Coach's. They also got turned down by future Hall of Fame Coach's Mike Riley and Rich Rod!🤗🤗

The definition of insanity the doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Unlike us, Bama learned from their mistakes.

IF Pruitt is successful here, why would he not bolt for Alabama? No doubt Saban is gone within 3 years. Dabo not leaving Clemson. We may have set ourselves up for a big slap in the face. On the other hand, if he doesn't win here then Bama will not want him. Either way.

Don't make decisions with fear in mind. We can't not hire good coaches because they might leave. We have to make them want to stay. Look at your Dabo example as proof of that.

The fellow has yet to put a Vol product on the field and already we have knee clackers and hand wringers. Time for some of you to reup those testosterone shots.

While i agree and it is obvious any winning coach will be sought after.

2 things
1. Thats what buyouts are for
2. Why would Bama not chase Smart 1st. He has ALREADY proven he can win.

IF Pruitt is successful here, why would he not bolt for Alabama? No doubt Saban is gone within 3 years. Dabo not leaving Clemson. We may have set ourselves up for a big slap in the face. On the other hand, if he doesn't win here then Bama will not want him. Either way.

And we could get hit with a meteor but I’m not going to fret about the possibility!

I don't know why everyone thinks that Alabama will just be able to name their coach next time. They have 0 history of being able to do that and got exceptionally lucky with circumstances regarding Saban.

It took them multiple coaches to get past Bear. It took them multiple coaches to get past Stallings.

Florida has been running the gauntlet to replace Urban.

I'd guess Alabama's next coach will be someone on staff when Saban leaves or some hot up and comer unless they get really lucky again on timing. I don't think they'll be able to just wave at Dabo and hire him and I doubt they bother with Pruitt unless he's working miracles and if he's doing that I don't think he'd leave. There's no upside to following Saban at Alabama.

This is easily the stupidest argument against Pruitt.

It all hinges on “what if?”

What if Saban retires soon?
What if Pruitt is wooed by Alabama?
What if the sky falls and it turns out we all live in a 6 year olds science project?

See I can play the game too.

Let’s stop playing what if and stick to facts.

Fact: there is no evidence that Saban has any plans to retire in the near future. No evidence he even wants to leave for the NFL. He is the king of college ball and no one wants to leave that power behind. He’s relatively young (66) and no word on health problems, barring a health scare I just don’t see him retiring for a while. I’m sure unsubstantiated rumors of him retiring are out there because the thought of Saban retiring immediately puts most of Bama nation on suicide watch but that’s all they are. Rumors. More “what if’s”

Fact: if Pruitt leaves for Alabama it means he’s done something right. USC went down a list before they were desperate enough to reach for Kiffin. And Kiffin was blind enough to look past the sanctions and up and run, not to mention the man has zero integrity and proven multiple times . See Oakland Raiders and I’m sure Saban has a few things to say regarding his daughter. Alabama will not be that desperate when Saban retires. It’s clear that man is going to leave behind a beast of a team. While the idea of trying to fill Sabans shoes might make some people think twice, many will jump at the chance. But it’s clear Alabama will go after proven winners, not just guys who went to Alabama. Pruitt has proven himself as a DC but not a head coach. If he gets the kind of success Georgi has had with their Bama coach then yeah, maybe Bama would come knocking on his door. But if that does come it’s because Pruitt has put us in a position to dominate which means we will be back to the elite and we won’t have the same problems finding a good coach again.

So there. Keep playing “what if” I much prefer my game of “facts”

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Have you ever been to Ft. Payne Ala.?

It reminds me of the smaller rural towns round Knoxville and east Tn.

By the way Ft. Payne is in Ala., but its closer to Chat-town than anywhere in Ala. and it lies at the base of Lookout Mountain. I think he will feel right at home in east TN.

That and the rediculous amount of Alabama fans that walk around in Tennessee wearing that god awful crimson. I hope Pruitt can change the state back to orange.

While i agree and it is obvious any winning coach will be sought after.

2 things
1. Thats what buyouts are for
2. Why would Bama not chase Smart 1st. He has ALREADY proven he can win.

Because smart is at his alma mater, winning there will get stuff named after him, turning his back and going to bama would get his name burned in a dumpster.

It's like buying a lottery ticket and worrying about paying the taxes before the numbers are even picked.

Even if this does happen...

Kiffin wasn’t a disaster because he left. He was a disaster because he left out of nowhere after only one year, leaving a trail of sh** in his wake.

Even if Pruitt does well enough here to be picked up by Bama in three years, that means he’ll have done a heck of a job to that point, and we’ll be set up to do well going forward.

There are lots of good people on VolNation. Unfortunately, there are many I would not want to be stuck in a fox hole with...

Reactions: 4 people
Even if this does happen...

Kiffin wasn’t a disaster because he left. He was a disaster because he left out of nowhere after only one year, leaving a trail of sh** in his wake.

Even if Pruitt does well enough here to be picked up by Bama in three years, that means he’ll have done a heck of a job to that point, and we’ll be set up to do well going forward.

+1

VN Store

Back