Pruitt making BOLD predictions

"In a few years . . . " Not exactly bold. How many years is "a few?" We've been in that kind of mode for pretty much the whole time since Phillip Fulmer left. But it is comforting that the Coach actually seems to believe in what he is doing (and that he actually knows how to coach, unlike the last crew who would say stuff like this but it was obvious he was just a used car salesman).

Reactions: FïreBall
gotta have that attitude as a coach if you intend to bring in good recruits...you think they want to hear "go somewhere else we suck"...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: gnm53108
You don't think pruitt getting TN back to what it used to be is realistic? He has the staff, resources, and knowledge in my opinion to do so. No one ever heard of Derek Dooley or Butch Jones before they were announced. Everybody knew who Pruitt was and has successfully done his job everywhere he's been. Idk why you think Pruitt is turning into one of them he's been bluntly honest ever since he's has arrived at UT.
Once there are some tangible on field results that arent the result of pure luck then maybe folks will see him as the guy. If it's another ho hum year with 6 wins or less..the seat gets real hot for him in my opinion.

I’ll get heat for it but I have full confidence in JG. I believe he can get it done. I believe he has the tools to make the right decisions and given the opportunity he can run too.
I think he can run but I don’t think he likes to.

Once there are some tangible on field results that arent the result of pure luck then maybe folks will see him as the guy. If it's another ho hum year with 6 wins or less..the seat gets real hot for him in my opinion.
To many people are latched on to the losses to Mizzou and Vandy, yes we got blown out but it was clear that we ran out gas; depth was depleted and offensive line was clearly not to standard. Other than those two issues I thought we showed improvement compared to the previous year.

Not sure how that’s a bold statement. If he didn’t feel that way I’m almost positive coach/AD Fulmer wouldn’t have hired em.

So a coach who:
has been a D coordinator/shot caller in winning national championships across 3 different very dominant programs - Bama, FSU, GA (not exactly Cincy)
has 5 NC rings (even more appearances, cant win them all )
was there at the start of Saban's run
was personally the national recruiter of the year
has 2 other national recruiters of the year on his staff
brought in one of the best OCs in the country with deep experience in the SEC and a genuine love for TN
has one of the top player facilities in the country
Has never coached in any capacity a team with a losing season until last year.

So what do you expect him to say to a recruit?

With others, it is bold perhaps but Pruitt has actually been there before as the top staff - now its his baby. SEC is murderers row these days but you gotta think Pruitt believes 100% what he is selling and KNOWS what it will take to get there.

Not really. I would say if you polled VN and most major sports analysts and asked them if what Pruitt said was bold, I bet most would say its big time bold. I mean most of us will be ecstatic if we win 7 games this year.

Considering that the common consensus on the usage of "few" in the English language is that it refers to a number between 3-10, it's still not a very "bold" statement, regardless of whether you believe that major sports analysts might consider it so.

If Pruitt is half the head coach that some on here already believe him to be, then being able to compete with anyone by 2022 shouldn't be that far-fetched.

What makes Pruitt's word carry more weight than Jones or Muschamp? He has no previous head coaching experience. He latched on to Saban for success. Hell, even an idiot like Sunseri looked good under Saban.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
What makes Pruitt's word carry more weight than Jones or Muschamp? He has no previous head coaching experience. He latched on to Saban for success. Hell, even an idiot like Sunseri looked good under Saban.
I was satisfied with the game day coaching decisions. I especially like the onside kick attempts he made last year. It shows that he knows with less talent he has to step up and make more risky decisions and is not afraid to pull the trigger. With Chaney in the mix, we'll get more innovative play calling, and that is what it is going to take when we're facing more talented oppo.

Florida St., Georgia, Alabama...Pruitt leaves a trail of resurrected football programs!!!

(O.k., O.k....a little blue font.)

Naming Will Muschamp seem odd to anyone else? I can see Butch Jones being mentioned for not knowing how to coach a NC, but Will was actually the DC of a NC team including the #1 defense. I’d say just Lazy reporting.

Your trollfu is weak. Pruitt won championships at FSU and at GA also. Can he be a great HC? he has to prove it but dont act like his only claim to fame is working for Saban. Also, Pruitt started with Saban around the time Bama became dominant. after serving as Rush Propst's assistant. So I think he knows what it takes to get us there, question will be in the execution - but now that we have an AD that actually cares about football, I feel more confident Pruitt will get his chance.

Dooley looked good under Saban.

Dooley is a solid position coach and decent offensive guy but just doesnt have what it takes to run both sides of the ball.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Your trollfu is weak. Pruitt won championships at FSU and at GA also. Can he be a great HC? he has to prove it but dont act like his only claim to fame is working for Saban. Also, Pruitt started with Saban around the time Bama became dominant. after serving as Rush Propst's assistant. So I think he knows what it takes to get us there, question will be in the execution - but now that we have an AD that actually cares about football, I feel more confident Pruitt will get his chance.

Dooley is a solid position coach and decent offensive guy but just doesnt have what it takes to run both sides of the ball.
Dooley was the LSU recruiting coordinator for three years. On paper at least, he gets credit for their 2013 National Championship squad. Supposedly, that was a key reason we hired him. Judging by Ddoley's recruiting for us, I just don't see how it was the same guy. I agree that he seems competent at coaching the passing game.

Reactions: Gandalf
Dooley was the LSU recruiting coordinator for three years. On paper at least, he gets credit for their 2013 National Championship squad. Supposedly, that was a key reason we hired him. Judging by Ddoley's recruiting for us, I just don't see how it was the same guy. I agree that he seems competent at coaching the passing game.

LSU was hot and a title threat during Dooley's time as head coach here

Dont be mad bud. I just live in the real world. The one where pruitt is sounding more and more like a dooley butch crossover everyday with fairytale predictions. Id have more respect if he just spoke the truth. He isnt fooling anyone especially other sec teams.

Y'all get a lot of rain in Athens today?

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back