Pruitt on Tennessee: "I've never seen a place that looks like this"

take it all in...absorb the history and tradition...get used to them coach...we want you here for a while...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 27 people
Awesome, now go get the best coaching staff in America and go beat your old employer.

Reactions: 11 people
With his recruiting ability and the top notch facilities that UT has, he'll eventually have to start turning kids away, imo.

Reactions: 8 people
he will do very well here...
he knows how to win and what it takes to win...
no more soft a$$ defense.....
he said he wants teams to be scared to play the VOLS....
that is what I am talking about...
GBO

Reactions: 39 people
If you can recruit guys to go to Alabama, you should have to fight to keep guys out of Tennessee, imo. The Tide has great facilities, but it's Alabama, right? You cant beat east TN and Kville is a great place.

Reactions: 9 people
Uh....what's he going to say? "Pretty nice place, but it's not Alabama"?

How about nothing? Or "we have great facilities here"?

After 5 years of a used car pitch, it is difficult to believe anyone who holds the title of HC at UT... but give the guy a chance. He's known for shooting straight. He was authentic in his first presser.

We just endured 5 years of a guy who never had the coaching talent for the job.... this guy appears to have that. Give him a chance.

Reactions: 20 people
The passion, the emotion, winning the press conference, and saying the right things means very little. None of that will determine your success as a head coach. I hope you have mastered the game, or are close to getting there, because this isn't a good place to learn on the job.

Coach, you gotta win and win according to the rules. How good you are, the level of coach we hired, will quickly be determined by the mounting wins and losses.

In more than one way, we'll be seeing you in the win loss column.

Reactions: 2 people
Give him time. CJP has a lot of things to fix so 2018 could be a letdown. Kirby Smart fell into the Georgia job. The cupboards are not as full in Knoxville. Hard to imagine anything better than 6-6, but this will be a 2 game improvement over this year's dumpster fire.

Reactions: 8 people
Well, he'd also never seen asparagus till just a few years ago.
Alabama folks don't get out much.

Last edited:
If you can recruit guys to go to Alabama, you should have to fight to keep guys out of Tennessee, imo. The Tide has great facilities, but it's Alabama, right? You cant beat east TN and Kville is a great place.

Tn doesn't have near as many tractor pulls as Alabama. So,there's that.

Nice of Coach Pruitt to say but Bama's facilities are second to none. Ours are very good but multiple championships buy many perks.

Coach speak to a degree.

We all know Bama has one hell of a facility.

That said I can’t wait for camps and practices to crank back up.
It’s going to be really interesting who is built for Tennessee and who he runs off for being sub par.

Reactions: 5 people
I have never been to our facilities, but I saw a special on SEC network one time about it. I have two coworkers- 1 bama, 1 clemson. Both claim their facilities are the best in the country, and say its why they get so many recruits. Honestly, without any bias, how do ours stack up against theirs?

I hope he sees undeveloped talent that I do not. I want to be wrong on this one.

VN Store

Back