Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

Figure of speech Behr. I wouldn't feel confident if we hired the guy from the backyard in Guam that I made up either.
But my point was never about my confidence. It was about me not making any definite declarations until I actually see results.

Just seems like a better plan than claiming my opinions as facts, like I keep seeing from those few in this thread.

Sometimes things get lost in the back and white of typed words. You didn't need to explain that, I was just telling you how I felt about Probst, mainly because of how I jumped the gun on my opinion of Kitchens, that's all. I wasn't making any declarations or claiming anything except how I felt. And I know you didn't say I did, and you weren't saying you'd be okay with a HS coach from Guam or BFE, I'm just trying to be clear.

Unnermean what I stand?

Reactions: chargervol
I could definitely see that. Despite whatever the deal in Atlanta is, seems mostly defense, he had a good offense at both college stops.
Don't care about is temporary stint with alcohol either, I wouldn't be mad if it was him.
VQ was also mentioning that Pruitt wanted a recruiter at the position. Sarkisian was a closer.

interesting phrasing.

we did get a commit from the #2 pro style qb in the country of the 2020 class w/out Helton being on board.

but that doesn't count?

and with the absence of ANY information, how is it only made up bullcrap if it's if the appearance is under control?

i mean, it can't be any more made up that it be f'd up, given what anyone really knows?

or do you have some inside track that you're not letting us in on?
Commits for 2020 don't mean jack shite. At this point in the 2017 class cycle we had Hunter, Tee, and Amari. WTF good did that do us. You accept the commit if the kid wants to make it but it's waaaaay too early to count anyone as a lock for 2020, even if their dad was starting QB on the 98 team. See?

Commits for 2020 don't mean jack shite. At this point in the 2017 class cycle we had Hunter, Tee, and Amari. WTF good did that do us. You accept the commit if the kid wants to make it but it's waaaaay too early to count anyone as a lock for 2020, even if their dad was starting QB on the 98 team. See?
So commits matter, but they don't.

So commits matter, but they don't.
I'd say someone who commits for 2019 class now is in. That matters. Our next OC may not even want Bailey. Bailey might get hurt. He may change his mind. This seems like something that it wouldn't take much football IQ to understand.

I'd say someone who commits for 2019 class now is in. That matters. Our next OC may not even want Bailey. Bailey might get hurt. He may change his mind. This seems like something that it wouldn't take much football IQ to understand.

Why make his mind up to begin with? It wasn't some hidden secret that Helton was gone and we wernt on the verge of naming his replacement. Why would a guy with plenty of time to decide commit to UT in the midst of a "F'ed" up situation?

IQ?

Reactions: chargervol
I decided to research Will Friend. I guess his stats aren't that bad. I have pretty much accepted the fact that he will be the OC. I am hoping for a homerun but I am expecting a swinging bunt.

I'd have the same reaction the third baseman has.........

giphy.gif

How about Barry Lunney, Jr at Arky?

I'm just throwing stuff to see if it sticks?

stick the context of your point.

we didn't have an OC, and we still secured the committment of the QB in question.

it wasn't a debate of whether or not he'd stick, or it's too early.

you chose your phrasing the way you did because you have no point lol.

not having the OC might matter to a few recruits. it has not mattered to TN's recruiting yet. no one has decommitted, and we've gotten a committment from a highly touted qb.

all w/out an OC.

The context is class of 2019 because that is all that matters. You questioned the scope and I explained the rationale, which is perfectly reasonable. It's a free discussion, so take it wherever you want. Still, my point is valid.

I think the recruits on the offensive side of the ball have a good indication of whom the offensive coordinator might be and it will be interesting to see how December 19th shakes out as far as recruiting is concerned.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I think the recruits on the offensive side of the ball have a good indication of whom the offensive coordinator might be and it will be interesting to see how December 19th shakes out as far as recruiting is concerned.
Totally agree. If we pick up some 4*/impressive offer list-type commits on offense and still don't have an announced OC, I will assume that they have things well in hand.

The context is class of 2019 because that is all that matters. You questioned the scope and I explained the rationale, which is perfectly reasonable. It's a free discussion, so take it wherever you want. Still, my point is valid.
Who was the last commit we had and when did he commit?

Melvin McBride on 8/22/18

Context?

We ve gone almost 4 months without a commit and all but the last 3 weeks of that time we had an OC on staff.
And even tho you dont think it matters the only commit we got (A high level QB of all things) came during that 3 weeks.

VN Store

Back