Pruitt waiting until AFTER ESD to hire OC?

I bet it's Chris Weinke. I'm guessing he was the backup should they strike out, and I think it's pretty evident they struck out or there would have been an announcement at this point.

I still say an offer has not been made to the big names. I have read nowhere than an offer was made and rejected from anyone

...After we told him the OC name to get him to commit.

Come on man, it's perfectly logical.

Makes perfect sense to me. Just like waiting to announce the hire so it doesn't disrupt another schools bowl game or recruiting. I for one am grateful that our coach would be that courteous and concerned about the recruiting classes of other schools. Warms my heart.

I have liked Pruitt since day one and I really do think he can be successful here if he gets SEC level talent, but man this coaching search has not been good for moral. I think it puts him in a much tighter spot than he might have otherwise been in if it doesn't play out favorably on the field. I hope that when the hire gets announced it makes us all have that "well that actually makes sense moment" but history has not favored Vol fans in these instances.

Makes perfect sense to me. Just like waiting to announce the hire so it doesn't disrupt another schools bowl game or recruiting. I for one am grateful that our coach would be that courteous and concerned about the recruiting classes of other schools. Warms my heart.
Yea, I'm not sure I approve of that generosity myself.

Reactions: cgrish
Yep. If he can't follow rules and have the discipline to do what he is told, then you are better off without him...He will have enoough to learn without having to learn these basic traits. Seem to remember one or two guys we have had that had this problem big time.
Two were QB's. One had trouble with beer bottles (I think) never made it all the way. One had trouble with his bare as-,,, OH, he was not a 4*, 5 I believe. O well you hit with some and miss with others. Me, I had rather not face this kind of problem before the "game" even stars. Guess that's why I am just an old dumb as- just sitting here on this dam- computer!!! Don't answer this last statement I know you agree with it.:)

Reactions: hog88
I bet you already wish you hadn't posted that. Lol, don't worry, errybody will forget about it soon enough.
Nope I meant it. You have to draw the line somewhere. If I can't trust a guy to do what I say now, I don't want to have to worry about him later....

Yep. If he can't follow rules and have the discipline to do what he is told, then you are better off without him...He will have enoough to learn without having to learn these basic traits. Seem to remember one or two guys we have had that had this problem big time.
Two were QB's. One had trouble with beer bottles (I think) never made it all the way. One had trouble with his bare as-,,, OH, he was not a 4*, 5 I believe. O well you hit with some and miss with others. Me, I had rather not face this kind of problem before the "game" even stars. Guess that's why I am just an old dumb as- just sitting here on this dam- computer!!! Don't answer this last statement I know you agree with it.:)

Gave you a like.

Dunno if this got posted elsewhere but Drinkwitz is off the table ( assuming he was an actually a candidate).

He's heading to App St.

Yall better prep for Will Friend.
If so it is confirmation that we have some real dumb ****s ruining things in our AD... not because it is Friend but because there hasn’t been a huge media blitz initiated by our AD to promote his resume for the job... instead they’ve allowed the media to portray it as if we can’t make a hire and OCs choose other schools over us, true or not, can’t be spun that way. CLUSTER ****!

Reactions: John Wick
If a recruit as been told. (committed recruit that is, don't think an uncommitted would be told) Let him know if he leaks the info, he is out...
And he tells multiple offensive recruits this, how do you distinguish which one told? Yall may be right, but i choose not to believe thay wild scenario. I see him saying the same thing he did to Bailey...

Here we go again..... Seriously why are we the only DI school in the country who puts their fans through this nonsense. When will the madness end?
Do you have evidence that we are the only one? I bet if you search the boards of other schools you will see the same panic from individuals on their sites. Maybe we just a patent on BVS and have a few that are a little more sensitive to chaos?

VN Store

Back