Pruitt will unleash the D now!

Blah, blah, blah, wall of words, my opinions with no basis of how I got there...go Vols
/ thread.

I actually think the opposite. He will play a more bend don't break D this weekend. He tried to "unleash" the D in the WV game and his words " I put our guys in some bad spots". Each time in the WV game he tried to "unleash" The D they picked on our young secondary. The stats say Franks actually plays better when blitzed instead of reading coverage.
How dare you back up what you say with stats!

Reactions: tbones0711
So why wouldn't we unleash the D against a ranked opponent instead of a team that is possibly worse than us? Doesn't make sense.

We just don’t have the corners or the offensive linemen to win this game imo. Buchanan is a huge liability I expect him to get picked on a lot Saturday

I will go a little further and say we dont have the DL as a whole either. We have no pass rushers who can pressure the QB. Some have been fooled into think our defense looks good because of the stats from the last 2 games. UF has really good WRs.

Tenn doesn’t have personnel to run 3-4. DL is weak and not physical enough. It will take Pruitt time.

The most important thing is that every week they get the basics down a little better. After all, they switched to a new scheme and have a ton of new players.

They are also able to add a few wrinkles as experience is gained too.

I said a couple of weeks ago that we didn't show everything vs WVU and go lashed repeatedly. Most of the lashing was warranted. However, I didn't word it all correctly. I think much of the not showing all the schemes, blitzes, etc... was due to lack of knowledge of a young secondary and all D learning a new D once again. I do think the players have almost of of the knowledge they need now to run close to all of the packages that Pruitt wants to use. I expect to see lots more blitzing and the D causing Franks a lot of confusion. I expect more four man fronts due to the Gators trying to run the ball much more than pass to try and win the time of possession and give them a better chance to win. I expect the VOLS D to wreak havoc on the Gators O, especially with their O being mediocre at best. I also expect to outrush the Gators by quite a bit. I think the OL will step up more this game. The entire team will be much more hungry for a win than they have been all season!!! VOLS WIN by at least 10!!!! Just remember, I told you so!!! =)

Does this mean Pruitt is going to have the CB and/or safety actually cover the receivers on the deep routes?

I feel like I hear this same old crap every single season.

You HAVE heard this same old garbage every year since Haslam, Petersen, and Hamilton fired Fulmer and tried the Liar Lane Kiffin experiment... which lasted one year. Then we had the great fringe coach because our AD and Jimmy Cheek were not willing to spend the $$$ for a quality HC and we got - - - Derek Deer-In-The-Headlights-Dooley. We all know how well that went. So, we had a several years of hearing all the negative about the VOLS and coaching staff. Then along comes Hart. He fires Derek Dolittleright Dooley, the fringe guy, and brings in the mid major from Cinny, who was going to build us something brick by brick. Turned out to be a stinking outhouse that imploded on itself, so five more years of us having to hear negative garbage. New AD John Currie fires Brick Jones and gets fired himself when he shows great ineptitude in coaching himself. We hear even more negative garbage. Coach Fulmer is hired as AD - - - Finally some light at the end of the tunnel... a coach is hired! Our coach hires a staff of coaches who all have a great reputation for knowing what they are doing. Yet we continue to hear negative garbage from some quarters... perhaps trolls... perhaps immature youngsters who have no idea what they are saying... or perhaps just a gator fan who has had too much Gatorade laced with _____ . I refuse to be among those morons - tomorrow, I will be yelling, "GO VOLS ! ! !" whatever the score, and I will be supporting our team and staff. How about you?

High school coaches have been discouraged from attending practice this past week and that has not been the case previously.

That's rediculous. We've had them at practice, in their offices, and on the sidelines at every game for the past 5 years. What's going on up there?

I said a couple of weeks ago that we didn't show everything vs WVU and go lashed repeatedly. Most of the lashing was warranted. However, I didn't word it all correctly. I think much of the not showing all the schemes, blitzes, etc... was due to lack of knowledge of a young secondary and all D learning a new D once again. I do think the players have almost of of the knowledge they need now to run close to all of the packages that Pruitt wants to use. I expect to see lots more blitzing and the D causing Franks a lot of confusion. I expect more four man fronts due to the Gators trying to run the ball much more than pass to try and win the time of possession and give them a better chance to win. I expect the VOLS D to wreak havoc on the Gators O, especially with their O being mediocre at best. I also expect to outrush the Gators by quite a bit. I think the OL will step up more this game. The entire team will be much more hungry for a win than they have been all season!!! VOLS WIN by at least 10!!!! Just remember, I told you so!!! =)
I doubt he'll expose our secondary early on. They'll keep it simple and give some different looks to try and confuse Franks but basically play zone type......keeping the play in front of them. Will Grier dun broke CP from that gambling style and WVU has a heckuva OLine compared to UF. With that in mind CP will try to out physical them 1st...find a week link and send a blitzer in a safe manner. UF has good receivers who know to break off routes...etc and Mullen is no offensive slouch. Pruitt doesn't have near the talent he had when he coached Bama's D and to do all those things takes players being together as a unit for a couple of years. Just in case you get your way don't cry if you see UF burn UT's inexperienced DB's.

VN Store

Back