PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

Also many may say what does $5 do, our boosters who are front loading this operation with MAJOR cash, want to see the common fans join them in the fight for the players. So they are VERY interested in watching that total member number climb to know that the fans care like they do.

I get what you're saying, and you've been nice about it, but the part in bold irks the hell out of me. Due to mortgage, medical bills, and bad decisions in the past I'm one of the few that can't afford $5 per month. Not looking for pity - I'll get my family out of it at some point.

But I keep up with everything UT athletics. Can these big money boosters name the coach of the men's tennis team without looking it up? How about which conference the rowing team participates in? Probably not. Many of the posters on here that are calling out we who don't currently contribute probably don't even know that those teams exist at UT.

Like I said, you've been cool with it all in your attempts to increase participation. But if the boosters can't look at Neyland stadium on a Saturday, listen to call in shows, or read message boards and see that we care then they must be blind.

I did. That’s right.
Also many may say what does $5 do, our boosters who are front loading this operation with MAJOR cash, want to see the common fans join them in the fight for the players. So they are VERY interested in watching that total member number climb to know that the fans care like they do.
What's the plan for getting money into baseball and other sports at UT ? Student athletes in all sport's should get a slice. Obviously more people would possibly donate if it was inclusive to all. We should strive to have the number 1 athletic department as a whole. We have some of if not the best facilities in all of sports. We all know Football drives most sports on campus so they would naturally get a bigger cut being the cash cow I would just like to hear your take

What's the plan for getting money into baseball and other sports at UT ? Student athletes in all sport's should get a slice. Obviously more people would possibly donate if it was inclusive to all. We should strive to have the number 1 athletic department as a whole. We have some of if not the best facilities in all of sports. We all know Football drives most sports on campus so they would naturally get a bigger cut being the cash cow I would just like to hear your take
It definitely already is, I can get you the numbers but we’ve done deals with every sport in campus and there is a female specific Vol Club. Boost Her Club.

I’m not privy to how the funds are allocated specifically but I do know we have certain boosters who earmark money specifically for Basketball and Baseball.

I get what you're saying, and you've been nice about it, but the part in bold irks the hell out of me. Due to mortgage, medical bills, and bad decisions in the past I'm one of the few that can't afford $5 per month. Not looking for pity - I'll get my family out of it at some point.

But I keep up with everything UT athletics. Can these big money boosters name the coach of the men's tennis team without looking it up? How about which conference the rowing team participates in? Probably not. Many of the posters on here that are calling out we who don't currently contribute probably don't even know that those teams exist at UT.

Like I said, you've been cool with it all in your attempts to increase participation. But if the boosters can't look at Neyland stadium on a Saturday, listen to call in shows, or read message boards and see that we care then they must be blind.
Let me phrase it this way, it is a dual partnership longterm. For every 2,500 members of the Vol Club we average approx $1MM in money available for student athletes annually. (Beleive it or not our average is $33 per subscription per month right now). So growing the club is also to help supplement the finances so we can keep our NIL advantage sustainable. So as part of growing the overall number we are growing the $$s too. Hope that makes sense.

The biggest boosters and those at The Vol Club definitely understand there are folks who can’t afford it and totally understand those folks not joining. But we obviously do also know there are plenty more than 2,850 that can afford $60-$300 or even $1200+ annually.

Our point is to never put pressure on any Vol fan who’s working hard to support their family and feels they can’t spare anymore so I definitely want that to be clear. There are hard times out there for many so definitely only want folks to give who are able to.

GBO!

It is weird what triggers you.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Shenandoah Valley. South of Harrisonburg.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ron Swanson

The few can’t carry the many forever though either. Completely different in your situation, family of course comes first. The ones that love the vols and can afford it though should contribute if possible.

I have an Idea. Have some of the big boosters who have club level seats for VA game which price is 315.00 donate to Volunteer Club and who ever then buys from you guys the 315.00 ticket the money goes to Club Win Win for everyone. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I have an Idea. Have some of the big boosters who have club level seats for VA game which price is 315.00 donate to Volunteer Club and who ever then buys from you guys the 315.00 ticket the money goes to Club Win Win for everyone. In CHRIST Alone
There is something like this in the works already, 👍👍👍👍. Should be announced soon but will be to drive some of the top line $$ membership sign ups and reward the highest paying threshold members.

Great idea!

If anyone else joined let me know! Make sure to the Volunteer Club Members Facebook page for
Updates on Captains events, member tailgates at games and watch parties!
Just signed up for Checkerboard also! Finally decided to hop on board. Go Vols! This better be the difference in getting Nwaneri now!

VN Store

Back