Purdue & BVS

tennesseekilt

I don't know about y'all, but I'm nervous about tomorrow. Maybe because it's Purdue and ... when have we beaten them at anything lately? On the other hand, tomorrow would be revenge for all of it and then some. Either way, greatest season in UT history, so I guess the team has come too far for "BVS" to apply. If we lose, I'll be disappointed, but I'll also look back on this season with fondness (as opposed to other seasons where we did well in the season but stumbled in the post-season). Thoughts?

All bets are off when it comes to the NCAA tournament. When Purdue lost to FDU last year, I believe FDU was one of the smallest teams (if not THE smallest team) in the tournament. It made absolutely no sense, but it happened.

It'll be a huge challenge. Purdue is playing well, and we've lost to them in our last couple of meetings (2019 tournament, earlier this year). On the flip side, I'm not sure they're that excited about seeing us. Both of our losses were very close, and the loss this season was by 4 with a less-than-100% Zeigler. We've also got the intangible revenge factor.

You can slice it and dice it a million ways. I've heard some people talk about Tennessee teams under Barnes playing tight because the players are so motivated to avoid early exits that confirm the "regular season Rick" storyline, but I have to think that pressure is completely gone now since the team has achieved the program's second-ever Elite Eight. Everything from here on out is gravy. Yes, a loss would suck, but it's been an incredible season either way, and I think our guys can come out motivated and fully prepared to leave it all on the court.

Purdue better be ready for the Vols.

EDIT - Also, nothing would give me greater pleasure than saying our guys ended Edey's college career.

I’m not nervous. Season has been a success win or lose. Purdue is clearly expected to win according to the experts. Vols can play loose and let it fly.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Purdue is very good, I think them and UCONN are the two best teams in the tournament right now and playing the best ball. That being said they aren’t unbeatable and we are playing pretty damn good too right now. We gotta play the game of the season to beat these guys but we have the players to do it. I’m just worried their Goliath is going to get our guys in foul trouble early on and it will be tough to keep pace with them plus they have some good perimeter guys that can shoot the 3 ball well. Gonna be a tough one to win but if we pull it off I think we get to the Championship game and possibly win it all.

I’m just sick of Purdue at this point. I would have rather faced anyone else than them because at this point even as an underdog I can’t enjoy this game. I want it too bad, and my hate is building too much for that school.

I guarantee the Purdue fan base (and the team, probably) were rooting like hell for Creighton last night. We're the last team they wanted to see, as we're a brutal team to deal with when we're on our game, which we are right now.

I don't take the "it's house money" approach, because that kind of gives you an out and is almost expecting a loss. UT was a top five group for much of the year, and won the toughest conference in the country. Purdue hasn't seen anything like UT, and the November game in Maui was a totally different team.

Chase them off the 3-pt. line to prevent runs, let the goon have his 25, compete as hard as we did in the last two games, and shoot even decently, and we will be in the Final Four.

Regardless of what happens, I'll be proud as hell of this group, but to me the sky's the limit right now.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm nervous about tomorrow. Maybe because it's Purdue and ... when have we beaten them at anything lately? On the other hand, tomorrow would be revenge for all of it and then some. Either way, greatest season in UT history, so I guess the team has come too far for "BVS" to apply. If we lose, I'll be disappointed, but I'll also look back on this season with fondness (as opposed to other seasons where we did well in the season but stumbled in the post-season). Thoughts?

Barnes has broken the Sweet 16 barrier and Tennessee is playing with house money tomorrow.

To reach the elite 8 is as far as any UT team has gotten. For me, the season is already a complete success. From here on out, it's all gravy. Just want to go further than bama.
I understand everyone’s thoughts but I’m not ready for our year to end! I want to beat the s… out of Purdue and go to win it all ! Go Vols!!

That’s all exactly how I feel. I’m dying to make a Final 4, but it’s not a failure if we don’t.

Reactions: HalfullVol
damn.....
From your post numbers, I assume
you are new to being a Vol or going on Vol sites. BVS cane about during the dark years and many coaching changes especially in football but also basketball. It basically means that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Injuries, discipline problems, NCAA problems, coaching problems, key bad calls by officiating etc. So Vol fans, even when things are going well, learned to expect bad things and wear protective cups or sports bras.

Show a video montage of all the Purdue BS we've put up with the last few years. The 2019 game, the Music City Bowl, the game earlier this year....and it ends with THIS ENDS NOW!!!

Reactions: VolBalls33
From your post numbers, I assume
you are new to being a Vol or going on Vol sites. BVS cane about during the dark years and many coaching changes especially in football but also basketball. It basically means that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Injuries, discipline problems, NCAA problems, coaching problems, key bad calls by officiating etc. So Vol fans, even when things are going well, learned to expect bad things and wear protective cups or sports bras.
Thanks for the explanation. Contrary to popular belief, I've been a Vol fan since the 70's, and yes, new to Vol sites and their acronyms.

I’d be more nervous if I was pulling for Purdue. The revenge factor. The underdog factor. The dependency on one player. The unknown that the refs bring. The possibility of Knecht going off. The fact that Barnes isn’t a fraud.
I agree. I think if Purdue beats a good Tenn team for 2nd time this year, then they’ve proven they are better team. That being said, I’m not sure they can beat us again.

Purdue has been to a Final Four, but not in 44 years. They may be as amped as we are. Lots at stake for both; Painter has even gotten some of the "great in the regular season, chokes in the tournament" business Barnes has gotten.

VN Store

Back