Put a fork in him - Riley Ferguson is DONE. [attempted sarcasm]

i don't understand the angst about a kid who never played and supposedly didn't care enough to put forth the proper amount of effort.

Having read just south of 4 billion posts on here regarding UTs QB situation, IMHO, the "angst" is born of these ideas....

1. 2013 QB play was poor

2. Ferguson was widely regarded as the most talented QB on the roster

3. It appears that most VN posters don't believe that a QB getting his first chance to be "the man" (Worley)and a true freshman cutting his teeth vs 3 of the top 10 teams in the country (Dobbs) in 2013 have the ability to improve after an additional year of experience in the program with much, much more talented players at WR, TE and RB around him.

4. Backup QB is always the most popular player on the team.

That's all I got.

Reactions: 7 people
I don't post much on this side of the board. But I always thought RF reminded me of Bray. Had a rocket arm but had a bad attitude. I'm excited for Dobbs.

Reactions: 7 people
It's actually nothing but positive. The kid had the natural talent to earn the position but he never wanted to work for it. Eliminating that entitlement, stupidity, and laziness from the team is not a bad thing.

There is nothing positive about Him leaving the team. It is a set back.

Reactions: 2 people
I just don't get it. I guess he thought that the other QBs were in much better position for playing time than he was so he decided to transfer?

Was this a lack or confidence or conformity? or both?

Was in a position to win the starting job or was that just a Myth? I cannot believe his staying would be a positive for the team if he lacked the self confidence needed to win the starting position or back up.

No, it's not.

It's a setback in that it thins our depth QB and we lose who was universally considered our most talented QB by those close to the program.

That potential setback is negated by the subtraction of a player who doesn't want to be here, didnt want to do the things necessary that all players have to do to be successful and win starting positions......addition by subtraction.

Additional positive side effect is it could be potentially easier to recruit a top QB or 2 this class given that Dobbs will be a jr once that qb(s) arrives on campus.

Reactions: 3 people
This puts us in so much of a better situation with the QB's we are recruiting. Our youngest QB will be a Jr when they step on campus.. gives a year or two to learn everything and get to the right size/weight etc...

Then you explode onto the scene with the knowledge and experience behind you.

Whoever we recruit to take over after Dobbs will be in a great position to be the next UT QB that the world falls in love with.. Similar to Manning.(I am not saying that dobbs can't be that QB either).... Just sayin IMHO

When is jones meeting with RF and his mom? Wasn't it supposed to be today?

I'm a little surprised to hear that CBJ is now gonna meet with Riley. I don't think he should because I think it sends the wrong message to the team. Needs to wish the kid who didn't want to fully compete for a job, who has proclaimed he no longer wants to be a Vol well and just move on.

VN Store

Back