Quart'e Sapp declares for draft

Saban may have had some say in how things are handled at Bama. Just sayin.

Not sure I would include his tenure at UGA as a rousing success either. Stats looked pretty but they got mangled against good teams. Jones dropped 30+ on him twice and we know how incompetent he was.

Looking forward to another 3 or 4 year "install" on defense. Maybe they can whittle it down to 3 20 point losses by year 4.
Dobbs put 30+

Reactions: Johncarter53
He will be drafted...by the XFL...
That's next year , Heck he should have just went to Bama or Clemson or Oklahoma or ND as a Graduate transfer improved his stock then made millions in NFL . But no its by some on here the Coach had it out for him so better go pro. Our a agent hoping to hit it big and in his ear go pro you can do it and he is wasting what could be one of the best years of his life.

Incompetent or not Jones had playoff level talent (before I get roasted, I've heard rival fans say the same thing) in 15 and 16 and coached it down to 9 wins. Therefore, there is always a punchers chance against equal talent.

With that said, if you want to blame anyone for where we are blame Butch for running out of luck on evaluations and not developing worth a damn. Florida hired a good coach but they also had more guys pan out than us.

All I really want to know is who are you taking off the field to put Quarte on it?

With so much gnashing of teeth over how terrible the depth is on this team and how JJ Peterson wasnt ready to contribute, not sure anyone needed to be taken off the field to keep Sapp in the rotation at least. As it stands, the kid had 6 DNPs this season.

Dont disagree with your comments on Jones. He definitely put this team behind the eight ball with his recruiting and a complete disregard for player development his last couple of seasons.

I'm not trying to fire up the Sapp fan club or anything. Probably a late round pick at best.

Just think it's incredibly short sighted by a lot of posters to slam a player for declaring when they have a degree in hand, lost 2 seasons to injury already, and apparently isnt in the plans for the future as Pruitt appears intent on trying to build a Bama defense without the benefit of recruiting Bama level talent.

Good luck to Sapp. I think his injuries will be a concern to NFL teams but he gets in somewhere as an undrafted free agent.

Good luck to Sapp. I think his injuries will be a concern to NFL teams but he gets in somewhere as an undrafted free agent.

Sapp has had one surgery since being with the program. ACL surgery and it was completed off campus by Dr. Andrews in Florida. He is the ONLY healthy linebacker of the group currently.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
With so much gnashing of teeth over how terrible the depth is on this team and how JJ Peterson wasnt ready to contribute, not sure anyone needed to be taken off the field to keep Sapp in the rotation at least. As it stands, the kid had 6 DNPs this season.

Dont disagree with your comments on Jones. He definitely put this team behind the eight ball with his recruiting and a complete disregard for player development his last couple of seasons.

I'm not trying to fire up the Sapp fan club or anything. Probably a late round pick at best.

Just think it's incredibly short sighted by a lot of posters to slam a player for declaring when they have a degree in hand, lost 2 seasons to injury already, and apparently isnt in the plans for the future as Pruitt appears intent on trying to build a Bama defense without the benefit of recruiting Bama level talent.

Slamming him for leaving an environment that lacks stability, organization and development is harsh. As fans we think we know it all. Fans only know what the coaches what to share and the narrative they wish to be reported. There is not one coach that could ever say anything negative about the kid because he followed all rules, gave his all and still was mismanaged and under used....... this is a bad stigma of the program that must change!! The program needs to release hidden agendas and get back to FOOTBALL.

The University of Tennessee is a BASKETBALL school along with Kentucky; that’s doesn’t even feel right to type. However, it’s the truth.

Fair. But maybe he was the reason he didn't get playing time? And as far as recruiting goes hopefully we can get close to that level of talent. We should. I trust his evaluation more than butch at this point in time. Only thing I didn't understand was not having size at RB and moving Banks but maybe that's just me.

Fair. But maybe he was the reason he didn't get playing time? And as far as recruiting goes hopefully we can get close to that level of talent. We should. I trust his evaluation more than butch at this point in time. Only thing I didn't understand was not having size at RB and moving Banks but maybe that's just me.

The blow up on the sidelines could well have been the reason or something else going on behind the scenes but they both said the right things publicly.

If I am Pruitt , my take is beggars can't be choosers and I am playing him, especially over trying Banks out at LB or leaving Bituli or Kirkland gassed in games. Seems it would have been easier to teach Banks ball security than trying to learn a new position too.

Hope recruiting improves as well. I think fans fall into a trap of using their last failed coach as a baseline of what the current coach should do. Jones was atrocious for the most part at evaluation and development. Using that as the baseline isn't ever going to lead to getting better. Have to trust that Pruitt and company is a lot better than Jones.

I don't follow recruiting like I used to but the current class looks like a mixed bag. Could be great on the O line but the D line looks shaky.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
He didn't even start in college

Matt Cassell, the QB at USC who rode the bench, was drafted by N E. Filled in when Brady injured his knee. Following year, got big contract with K C. Last season, was 2nd string at Tn. Titans
Made a good living, while not being good enough to start at USC

Matt Cassell, the QB at USC who rode the bench, was drafted by N E. Filled in when Brady injured his knee. Following year, got big contract with K C. Last season, was 2nd string at Tn. Titans
Made a good living, while not being good enough to start at USC
We both know that isn't even close to the same thing

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Amazing...

The guy has been in the program 4 years, stayed around through a coaching change and meanwhile got his degree. But he's a bad guy for not hanging around campus to entertain for free.
I probably should've worded it differently. I hope he gets drafted, I doubt he does. I also don't think he was given a choice to stick around.

I remember this guy hated me for years because I made a comment about rednecks in TN.
I would even buy that guy a drink if he was ever in white house area again.
I just can’t seem to recall his name for some reason....

:)

Don't know how I missed this.

I never said I hated you, Lol, that's stupid. I just called BS on your claim that people in White House were "a bunch Racist Rednecks". You were fos then and you still are I see.

VN Store

Back