Question for lawyer types regarding BT.

How does the school pull off the safe environment perception while letting him continue to take classes and live on campus?
It's a really murky area with no clear answer. I've heard of people having to take a class alone. I've heard of people not being able to graduate on time because they couldn't take certain classes when they needed to. For better or worse, the most common situation seems to be that the accused just leaves the school.

It's a really murky area with no clear answer. I've heard of people having to take a class alone. I've heard of people not being able to graduate on time because they couldn't take certain classes when they needed to. For better or worse, the most common situation seems to be that the accused just leaves the school.

That's why I thought it was interesting that he was originally suspended from the team but apparently not from school. Him being on campus doesnt appear to be a concern for them even with removing him from football for a short stint.

I'd guess they have a pretty good handle on what they think at this point considering that and the fact hes now back practicing. No reason to make that move otherwise.

There was a story in the 2000’s, I think, a guy at Ga Tech got busted with a car trunk full of weed. He got a court injunction saying he had to be kept on the team and played his regular amount until he was proven guilty at his court date. I might not be clear on all the details, but I remember thinking that the coaches couldn’t just have him remain on the team, but were court ordered to play him. Seems like common sense is thrown out the window in some of these instances.
Reuben Houston Reuben Houston - Wikipedia

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I agree with peerless98, he has seemingly been cleared by a student hearing of some sort and the charges will most likely be dropped with some sort of community service and possibly anger management classes. I expect him to play against Florida. I think he didn't play this week as he only practiced like 2 or 3 times. I assumed he would be given some more practice time to knock off rust. It's not like an injured situation where he is still around the team and maybe lightly going through reps or seeing the game plan. He was completely out of the loop for 3 weeks.
I would agree and I think he is probably getting re-acclimated to contact. That takes some time and playing too soon increases the chances of injury.

VN Store

Back