Quinten Dormady is transferring

He’s the only one that gets a win loss record. Comes with the territory. He played like diddly poo against Vandy. Second half he looked bad. The whole team did, but he is in a position to keep scoring against a bad defense.

Do what? Are we talking football or golf/tennis/bowling/baseball pitcher? Last time I looked at the SEC standings, I didn’t see his name up there. It didn’t say Jarrett Guarantano finished last in the SEC at 4-8/0-8. It says Tennessee.

By your thinking, he could’ve thrown for 500 yards a game, 50 TDs and no picks but still get blamed for the 8-loss season. How does that make any sense?

And define “diddly poo” for me. Is 14-22 for 183 yards and 2 tds vs the 26th ranked national pass defense “diddly poo”? Seems to me that 24 points should’ve been enough to beat a Vandy team with an offense averaging 23ppg....yet our defense allowed 42 Vanderbilt points....shouldn’t they receive the lion share of the fault for that loss?

Come on man, you’re trying too hard to bury him and pin everything that happened last year on one guy who only started 6 games. A little fairness here is in order for a redshirt freshman in a bad situation.

He did some good things for an awful football team last year. He needs to better in 2018 for sure, along with everybody else. Hopefully JP and Helton can get him to reach his potential....I believe there’s plenty there.

Reactions: 2 people
JG threw for nearly 1,000 yards in limited play, completed 62% of his throws, threw 4 tds vs 2 ints, against primarily good SEC competition. He doesn’t need a qb “whisperer”, just a legit qb coach and coordinator who can coach him on feeling pressure and getting rid of the ball on time, even if it means throwing the ball away.

Crompton and Peterman, those two kids needed a qb whisperer....JG only needs a legit SEC QB coach, something he’s not had to date in his 2 years at Tennessee.

If you can disregard the negatives then I can disregard the positives. If you think he did great then rock n roll. You do know I can disagree with you and it will be ok. It doesn’t matter. We lost a lot last year. What does it matter to you or anyone if I think jg is not the answer.

Do what? Are we talking football or golf/tennis/bowling/baseball pitcher? Last time I looked at the SEC standings, I didn’t see his name up there. It didn’t say Jarrett Guarantano finished last in the SEC at 4-8/0-8. It says Tennessee.

By your thinking, he could’ve thrown for 500 yards a game, 50 TDs and no picks but still get blamed for the 8-loss season. How does that make any sense?

And define “diddly poo” for me. Is 14-22 for 183 yards and 2 tds vs the 26th ranked national pass defense “diddly poo”? Seems to me that 24 points should’ve been enough to beat a Vandy team with an offense averaging 23ppg....yet our defense allowed 42 Vanderbilt points....shouldn’t they receive the lion share of the fault for that loss?

Come on man, you’re trying too hard to bury him and pin everything that happened last year on one guy who only started 6 games. A little fairness here is in order for a redshirt freshman in a bad situation.

He did some good things for an awful football team last year. He needs to better in 2018 for sure, along with everybody else. Hopefully JP and Helton can get him to reach his potential....I believe there’s plenty there.
So I guess when they showed that Hurts career record as a starting qb was 20 something- 2. They didn’t know what they were talking about either. Don’t act dumb. Qbs get a record. So yes like tennis a qb gets a win loss record. I feel I’m explaining how to walk to a 18 year old.

Reactions: 1 person
So I guess when they showed that Hurts career record as a starting qb was 20 something- 2. They didn’t know what they were talking about either. Don’t act dumb. Qbs get a record. So yes like tennis a qb gets a win loss record. I feel I’m explaining how to walk to a 18 year old.

Talking like a toddler seems to be a strength with you. :)

If you can disregard the negatives then I can disregard the positives. If you think he did great then rock n roll. You do know I can disagree with you and it will be ok. It doesn’t matter. We lost a lot last year. What does it matter to you or anyone if I think jg is not the answer.

God your commitment to blissful ignorance is astounding.

Reactions: 2 people

This is the forum equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and singing repeatedly "I'm not listening"

Reactions: 3 people
Talking like a toddler seems to be a strength with you. :)

It’s a free message board. I can do as I please. I think it’s silly to think jg is the answer just because he was a big recruit. He showed nothing that he was the man last year. Threw for 183 versus a porous Vandy defense.

It’s a free message board. I can do as I please. I think it’s silly to think jg is the answer just because he was a big recruit. He showed nothing that he was the man last year. Threw for 183 versus a porous Vandy defense.

You misunderstand me. I WANT you to keep doing “as you please”. :)

I feel the same about you.

This is what people say when they have just lost the argument. The whole point to that post was how close minded, and stubborn you have been with your first initial reaction to jg pouting, and that has clouded your judgement of his performance, he could have thrown for 2000 yards and 24 tds and if he didnt win each game you pronounce him a failure. It is the exact definition of a procrustean bed. And quite honestly your stubbornness even when presented with facts that dispute your feelings, are concerning to say the least.

I consistently acknowledge the negatives. Had very poor pocket presence, couldn’t feel pressure at all, held the ball too long, wasn’t the scrambler/runner we were told he would be. How’s that? There, said it again, all in one place.

Now, can you acknowledge any JG positives? You surely haven’t thus far.

I’m a Kiffin supporter? Breaking news to me.

Oh sorry, thoight i had seen you in here saying you wanted him during the search, but i may be misremembering, the point was the sense of humor of watching the fireworks online was similar to that of kiffins.

Yeah, I know how it works, and I vehemently disagree with it. 85 man roster, offense, defense, special teams....all are responsible.

I think of it every time I hear that Ben Roethlisberger is a 2-time Super Bowl winner despite being utterly dreadful in his first team’s win with him at QB in ‘06 vs Seattle....he gets the credit for the “win” despite being a big reason why they could’ve and probably should’ve lost. And I think of it again when people try to pass off Tee Martin as a better college qb than Peyton Manning because he “won a NC” and “had a higher winning percentage” as a college quarterback.

As far as Hurts goes, he gets a “win” for last week’s game despite being absolutely feckless and getting pulled from the game just so the Tide would have a chance to win. HE got the mythical “win” as a starter that game, not his freshman backup who played much better and gave them a better chance to win.....along with a defense that finally came to life and played up to its ability.

So keep touting the “quarterbacks have a record” BS, cause that’s what it is imho. It’s a team game bro.

Finally, nice job keeping it classy with the last comment. I have my own thoughts about your comments in this give and take, figured it’d be better if I kept them to myself.

Reactions: 3 people
This is what people say when they have just lost the argument. The whole point to that post was how close minded, and stubborn you have been with your first initial reaction to jg pouting, and that has clouded your judgement of his performance, he could have thrown for 2000 yards and 24 tds and if he didnt win each game you pronounce him a failure. It is the exact definition of a procrustean bed. And quite honestly your stubbornness even when presented with facts that dispute your feelings, are concerning to say the least.

Explain the poor performance against an inferior Vandy team. You bypassing that lets me know that you can’t see negatives. You like him and I don’t think he’s our answer. I’m willing to see how he does next year and if he proves me wrong then awesome. The issue is you can’t see him being a bust. You have a he can’t miss attitude bc it’s everyone’s fault but his attitude as to why he was no bueno last year.

Explain the poor performance against an inferior Vandy team. You bypassing that lets me know that you can’t see negatives. You like him and I don’t think he’s our answer. I’m willing to see how he does next year and if he proves me wrong then awesome. The issue is you can’t see him being a bust. You have a he can’t miss attitude bc it’s everyone’s fault but his attitude as to why he was no bueno last year.

Saw the whole team as a bust and have the rare ability to see the disaster that was blocking for him.

I agree the line was a train wreck. But I feel no position did better than they should have. Which includes the qb position.

Not enough sample size. All things being equal. Opinion of mine.

Not enough sample size. All things being equal. Opinion of mine.

I can respect that. I would love for him to prove me wrong. I’ll be tailgating and hoping he tears it up. I want him to do well. I just don’t think he is our guy.

Think you could have been a stellar QB with the right coaching. It's a shame you never got that chance. I wish you the best of luck moving forward. Hope you see you tear it up wherever you go.

VN Store

Back