Rank your pick for HC

If anyone thought he sucked as a coach, they would not have been pissed when he left.

You could not be more wrong. Most of us never wanted Kiffin and weren't sorry to lose him as a coach. But the timing of his decision and the implications on recruiting of having 3 head coaches in 3 seasons were obviously going to be devastating.

The bottom line is that he was never going to be anything other than a disaster here. He just made it happen sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 1 person
Read somewhere Currie had preferred to hire a coach with an offensive background. Thus all this Sciano fear is much a do about nothing. Also look whose on the committee...Manning, Fulmer...QB and OC.

Currie also wanted SEC experience. HBC experience. Aside from the Petersen talk That is why Mullen is #1. He checks all those boxes. After that, Cutcliff checks them all too. Those are the only two frequent mentioned names that check all those. I submit that the soon to be unemployed Kevin Sumlin is next on the list. Again checks all the boxes...look for him as the out of left field candidate if Mullen passes.

Peterson
Mullen
Peterson
Gruden
Peterson
Cooter
Peterson
Brohm
Peterson
Norvell
Peterson
Dantonio
Peterson
& in case I forgot to mention... Peterson

Last edited:
(Not taking into account the accompanying staff they could hire)
-

Peterson-Frost-Kiffin-Mullen-Gruden-Taggert-Norvell-Leach

(Considering staffs)

Peterson-Gruden-Frost-Kiffin-Mullen-Kiffin-Taggert-Norvell-Leach

SDS is reporting that Leach is interested in the UT job and would take it if offered...gee, wonder who's next...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - Petersen
2 - Jimbo
3 - Gruden

Be willing to bet it is one of these 3
It's gonna be a big name and Gruden is probably the biggest. My fav is Petersen

Out of these
Mine- Peterson-Gruden-Frost-Mullen-Kiffin-Taggert-Norvell-Leach-Me-Schiano-Clawson

Mike Leach #1. This man can flat our coach anyone on the field and that includes Saban. About the time you think you got Mike down he will set you up then check mate. It's over. Very colorful during interviews. OK, Currier
make the offer while he's still available. Great, great choice...

Quote on surprise hiring of baseball coach Tony Vitello:

"The hire comes as somewhat of a surprise, given that many fans wanted VFL Chris Burke or even former assistant Ash Lawson. But as we’ve seen with Currie, he seems to make moves that people don’t see coming.

Although Vitello has never been a head coach at this level, he does seem to have potential. He’s a fairly young guy and has shown the ability to recruit at an elite level. In terms of actual coaching and managing, that’s yet to be seen. Currie is going against the grain and it’s kind of refreshing to see. For now, we’ll all just have to take the wait-and-see approach with this hire."

Really would like Scott Frost at Tennessee. Could Brent Venables be John Currie's SURPRISE hire as Tennessee's coach?

Brent Venables is 2016 Rivals Recruiter of the Year.

Quote on Venables recruiting:

"Throughout his career, whether at Oklahoma or now at Clemson, Venables has proven to be a phenomenal recruiter, an upbeat coach who can secure top players, and he did it once again this recruiting cycle in a big way."

Playing career
1989–1990 Garden City CC
1991–1992 Kansas State

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1993–1995 Kansas State (GA)
1996–1998 Kansas State (LB)
1999–2003 Oklahoma (Co-DC/LB)
2004–2011 Oklahoma (DC/LB)
2012–present Clemson (DC/LB)

It is unbelievable how many of you have Kiffin in your list. I don't care how good of a coach he is. It's like taking a girl back after she dumps you just because she's pretty. Grow a backbone people.

It is unbelievable how many of you have Kiffin in your list. I don't care how good of a coach he is. It's like taking a girl back after she dumps you just because she's pretty. Grow a backbone people.

I don't need to personally like the guy, I want to win football games!

VN Store

Back