Rating SEC teams with likes and dislikes

1a bammer. 1b florida. 1c georgia, try living here. 2 start with candy then everyone else except 2nd favorite LSU

I try to be SEC loyal against not conference teams. But my standard reply is that I pull for Tennessee and anyone that plays Georgia, Alabama, or Florida.

I love watching Kentucky or Vanderbilt beating any of those 3.

I don’t pull for any SEC team and I promise you they don’t pull for us. It’s every man for himself. You think Clemson cares that they are the only good team in the ACC? No they don’t. You think they sit around and say, I wish FL state was better, or Miami, etc, no they don’t

Can't find it now but someone associated with the Florida program once made a shocking statement. I think it was after we put the hurt on Iowa or Northwestern, don't recall which. They said it was about time Tennessee stepped up as we'd been pulling the SEC down for years. In that same year, I saw an article excerpt from someone at Alabama saying they hoped it meant Tennessee was back so the third Saturday in October meant something again. I hope I find both articles, perhaps sometime today. It shocked me then mostly because some VN'ers had me convinced all SEC schools danced with glee at our current wallowing basement mud. So those comments saying otherwise just stunned me. Why didn't I save them to PDF? Why? :mad:

Also, even Tebow has 2-3 times stated that Tennessee is a sleeping giant that will awaken once again.

Last edited:
1) & 2) Bamma and Florida - because they're Bamma and Florida
3) USC - Because of Will Muschamp. I HATE Will Muschamp.

#1. Buck FAMA

#2. Can we get a well placed meteor or comet to hit Gainesville?

#3. E'erybody else in the SEC

Reactions: tennvols77
In my part of Arkansas theyre a bit delusional every season! They beat up a crap team and then act like Sheldon Kelly at QB can slice up Bama

Our fans are very rarely in the middle, in the Petrino years we acted like we were going to stay a top 5 team forever and during this past stretch with Bielema we're overly critical and act like we're never going to win another SEC game and the coach should be fired based on the outcome of every play.

The reality is we're probably going to average 7-8 wins per year in a given decade with some terrible years and a few years where we win 9-10 games every once in a while. We went through a period from 2006-2011 where we won 10 or more games three times and won the SEC West once. But we followed it up with 4-8, 3-9, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, 2-10. All of those together come out to an average of 7-5. It's all cyclical.

I want our conference to maintain being the best conference.
I couldn't care less if the rest of our conference went winless. And by the majority of them beating our ass every year means they will outrecruit us... every year.

Tennessee and everyone else.

But for real. Georgia, Florida and Alabama have to top the list for any Vols fan for pure hatred. I have respect for what Alabama and Saban have done, the dynasty he’s built in the modern age of limited scholarships is insanity. We’ll probably never see anything like it again. Florida and Georgia, I can’t decide which fan base is more trashy and more obnoxious. Maybe Georgia because they haven’t actually won anything in like 40 years.

The only other SEC teams I actually like are LSU and Auburn. I love LSU’s uniforms and Auburn fans share a hatred for Alabama and Georgia like I do. Their uniforms are pretty nice too.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back