Rattler will pick us apart

Rattler made some bad decisions and throws last night when threatened. Get in his face and put him on his back for 4 QTRs.

The Earth shaking you feel will be VOL fans shouting and stomping 4 QTRs making communication for Rattler impossible.

Beasley racks up sacks and DBs get 2 interceptions!

GO VOLS!

Yeah, I guess. Those top 5 SEC defenses and the NC were hard to endure.
The last few stops for Chavis were miserable failures……the modern passing game in football has passed him by. Hope he is having a good retirement.

Reactions: TN1111
VOLS must control the ball and the clock and not be so focused on this TEMPO offense (better known as hurry up and give the ball back to our opponent so they can run more plays and tire out our defense). Mix run and pass and keep Rattler off the field and we will be fine. I hope they have to watch a replay of last years game this week to remember how painful that loss was to us and what it did for their program. VOLS win in a high scoring game 41-31.
This would be like using a Lamborghini to pull a plow.

Reactions: 901 Orange
This might be the game to play SLOOOWWWW. Take every second available on the play clock. Keep the ball away from them as long as possible. I don’t believe we can “ outshoot “ SC, until or unless we’re able to get to Rattler physically. If we can do that, go Tempo and just out score them.

Normally it’s a great thing to have returning starters

That’s not the case with our secondary. The old mules need to be retired.

You want to stop him from running? We can get pressure with 4 I have no doubt about that. Take one safety/LB/ someone who tackles well and put them as a spy on Rattler. It has to be someone that tackles really well so that rules out many of our starters. This would bottle ratman up and limit his options.

Banks needs to stay in man and get after Rattler from the start. Hit him every play if possible. If the Vols lose because he picks us apart anyway then so be it.

Also Im ready to see Pierce have a good game again.

Am sick of Banks honestly. Banks and Martinez can hit the road. Both of them. Danny White needs to just throw a lot of money at the best defensive coordinators out there. We deserve much better than this on defense honestly.

Honest question, do you think Banks and Martinez have complete autonomy or do you think they coach how CJH wants them to coach?

He was doing color on sec network yesterday. He was good at Stanford as dc. Couldn’t get Vandy over the hump. Might be an option
And I’m sure he still has recruiting ties in middle Tennessee area. It’s a win win especially if he brings a good DB coach along with him.

Nah, just another butt kicking and disappointing loss. Pretty standard for a UT fan actually.

Last year made me hope those kind of days were over but now I’m in wait and see mode.
Last yeah made you think we wouldn’t lose any more? So you’re super realistic…Gotcha.

You want to stop him from running? We can get pressure with 4 I have no doubt about that. Take one safety/LB/ someone who tackles well and put them as a spy on Rattler. It has to be someone that tackles really well so that rules out many of our starters. This would bottle ratman up and limit his options.
Hmmm…great tackler in our secondary…ummm.., #5 ?
It’s the “Ole” tackle…as our new Spanish play by play man would say…

All Rattler dies is throw out routes and curls. But will anyone on our defense recognize this or will we just sit back and watch him do the exact sane thing he did to us last year?

Banks should just throw the kitchen sink st him every play. Our only chance is to hit him early and often.

Yeah Hadden is going to get burnt bug time but we have to be in Rattlers face every play and make him second guess himself. If we give him time good night. We will lose by two TDs at least.

Watch us come out very conservative on D though and he picks us apart. Banks sucks.

Milton can't keep up with Rattler in a shootout. So we must hit Rattler and make him pay every single play.
I don't have a ton of confidence in Banks. That said, part of UNC's formula for beating USCe was pressure. They sacked Rattler 9 times... and have 3 sacks since. Amazingly, UGA is last in the SEC in sacks. They have 5... 3 came against USCe. MSU is tied for 8th in the SEC in sacks with 10. Four came against USCe.

UT is currently first in the SEC in sacks and 4th nationally. They are the same in TFLs. USCe is last in both sacks allowed and TFLs allowed. They're last in rushing with a 2.28 ypc avg... Vandy is next worst at 3.64.

Unless USCe finds an OL solution this week... Rattler is in for a very tough day.

As far as Hadden getting burned, that's a pretty popular exaggeration. I think he's undisciplined and his whiff on that tackle would have been enough for me to bench him.

However judging guys getting "burned" while the DC puts them in a position to fail isn't right.

The Vols need Slaughter back. I am hopeful that the guys who got a lot of PT in the last game like the freshmen and Turnage earned more trust.

If you recall, Banks was picked because several others said no.
If you recall, our whole staff was picked because others said no. Heupel was picked because others said no. No one wanted to be here. Pruitt and his McDonalds sack left us with top players leaving, recruits bailing, and coaches hiding. If you think Banks was a bad hire at the time, you’re wrong. I think Martinez was a bad hire, but they wanted SEC experience and others said no. Every aspect of the defense is better this year, including DB. Jeudy Lally had a very good game, as did Tam and Burrell. Herring and Carter both took big leaps. Baron collapsed the pocket 11 times. LBs had 22 tackles. We made some mistakes. Our biggest hole isn’t on the defense by a longshot. You morons need to stop burning down the barn every time a horse craps. This team has spotty talent and depth, and we might still lose a few more games, but the shots at Banks are so misguided.

VN Store

Back