? Re Rumor...

Toevol

It is probably wrong to do this in a public forum, but let me preface my post by saying this is a third hand rumor so take it for that.
Supposedly, Coach V and Farragut's coach were at odds over something and got into a bit of a spat. Personally, if true I will shake Vitello's hand because the Farragut coach is a horse's ass. Any High School coach that mandates his kids only play one sport should be fired!!

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 2 people
TV is not going to only recruit Knoxville, he and his staff have contacts all over the country...I supposed we’ll see some high level recruiting.

TV is not going to only recruit Knoxville, he and his staff have contacts all over the country...I supposed we’ll see some high level recruiting.

Yes he is recruiting well.

Imo he is going to recruit well out of state and suck in it.

It is probably wrong to do this in a public forum, but let me preface my post by saying this is a third hand rumor so take it for that.
Supposedly, Coach V and Farragut's coach were at odds over something and got into a bit of a spat. Personally, if true I will shake Vitello's hand because the Farragut coach is a horse's ass. Any High School coach that mandates his kids only play one sport should be fired!!

Dunno, but haven't several Farragut bb players gone to vandie? I am excited about Coach V & the Diamond Vols this season.

Reactions: 1 person
go West young man...West Tennessee, that is...don't know the details of rumor, but Coach V "don't take no ****"...no matter who it is...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Cant speak to this at Farragut but i do know this! I have been a HS baseball coach and during the spring i also asked my players to play baseball and forget about track and field as well as tennis and golf. Not enough time in the day to do more than one and not fair for players or coaches of any of the teams. Schedules run too much on top of each other.

I can only speak for the guys I know that have visited, but they love Vitello. Not a large sample size but they had a great experience and the biggest thing they said was he and his staff were so easy to relate to.

Who is coach v, where is farragut

Only because you asked for confirmation. Not a single word you posted is true.

Why do you have that opinion?

3 main reasons.

1) I know for a fact he has burned a bridge with the best JC in state. That is a major mistake

2) I don't this for a fact but he apparently has burned a bridge at the best Hs in state at Farragut. Really dumb if true

3) this one is the biggest. The way he is recruiting and taking so many high numbers he is going to cut and cull recruit left and right. Over the course of time that won't sit well with in state folks.

Last edited:
Completely agree with comment #3 Bruin. The recent recruiting frenzy doesn't show well for Vitello's loyalty to his current players nor will it sit well with future recruits.

Reactions: 3 people
You do know that baseball scholarship pct is yr to yr and can be adjusted at anytime at a coaches decision. It is just like any sport perform reward do not perform and see you. Coach mazey explained that to my son when we looked at wvu

You do know that baseball scholarship pct is yr to yr and can be adjusted at anytime at a coaches decision. It is just like any sport perform reward do not perform and see you. Coach mazey explained that to my son when we looked at wvu

That's actually not true. Coaches want you to think that but the only reason by NCAA rule a scholarship can be reduced or taken away is for off the field issues. Coaches take money away left and right and players never appeal it but they could do so if they are model students and citizens

I promise you that scholarship percentages at wvu change at year end some go up some finally get some and some lose some. Academics and scholarship money earned effect it as well. 11.7 does not go far and to keep good players some take a hit unfortunately

I promise you that scholarship percentages at wvu change at year end some go up some finally get some and some lose some. Academics and scholarship money earned effect it as well. 11.7 does not go far and to keep good players some take a hit unfortunately

Agreed with this but by rule a coach can't take away a scholarship for poor performance. Most people believe they can and it happens all the time but if player wants to appeal it they keep their scholarship if they were in good social and academic standing.

I can only speak for the guys I know that have visited, but they love Vitello. Not a large sample size but they had a great experience and the biggest thing they said was he and his staff were so easy to relate to.

Agree with you, heard many great things from current and visiting players about the new coaching staff. They are easy to relate to, young, innovative, and players are being allowed to express themselves on and off the field for a change. Confidence is back at Vols baseball and can't wait to see what they do with it.:thumbsup::dance2:

Cant speak to this at Farragut but i do know this! I have been a HS baseball coach and during the spring i also asked my players to play baseball and forget about track and field as well as tennis and golf. Not enough time in the day to do more than one and not fair for players or coaches of any of the teams. Schedules run too much on top of each other.

I can definitely see that as those are generally considered Spring Sports. However, I'm talking about Football, and basketball that the Farragut coach doesn't want his players to participate in.
These kids only live once, so telling them they have to stick with baseball only is just not right IMO.

Only because you asked for confirmation. Not a single word you posted is true.

Thank you. I had heard this from three different sources, but talked to a parent that would know this past week, and he also hadn't heard this.

However, i do know for a fact that the Farragut coach does not allow his players to play football, and insists they don't play basketball either. But that is another topic, and not really my main point.

VN Store

Back