? Re Rumor...

3 main reasons.

1) I know for a fact he has burned a bridge with the best JC in state. That is a major mistake

2) I don't this for a fact but he apparently has burned a bridge at the best Hs in state at Farragut. Really dumb if true

3) this one is the biggest. The way he is recruiting and taking so many high numbers he is going to cut and cull recruit left and right. Over the course of time that won't sit well with in state folks.

RE #1, what was the bridge he burned at Walters St?

However, i do know for a fact that the Farragut coach does not allow his players to play football, and insists they don't play basketball either. But that is another topic, and not really my main point.

Again, that is absolutely false. Not even a shred of truth in this statement.

Last edited:
Just have to agree to disagree on that. I might have first hand personal knowledge of this....

There are a least 3 starters from the football team who have played both sports every year they have been at Farragut. Burkey, Mashburn, and Corum. Burkey was an all district LB last 2 years and this will be 2nd year starting on baseball team. Mashburn and Corum both started in football and will contribute in baseball.

There have been guys who play baseball and football every year.

So. Your "first hand personal knowledge" is 100% wrong! Not one player has ever been told he "can't play another sport"

Last edited:
There are a least two starters from the football team who have played both sports every year they have been at Farragut. Burkey and Corum. Burkey was an all district LB last 2 years and this will be 2nd year starting on baseball team. Corum started in football and will contribute in baseball. There have been guys who play baseball and football every year.

So. Your "first hand personal knowledge" is 100% wrong! Not one player has ever been told he "can't play another sport"

Since you want to maintain your mantra, the only reason Cade Burkey is playing football is because he is too good for them to lose and the Baseball Coach knows that the kid will tell him to pound sand if he can't play football. Corum has speed just as Tanner Thomas did. He and Corum might steal a base as a pinch runner, but both would tell the baseball coach to suck it if they couldn't play both. There are scores of other kids that have been told they have to just play one sport!
There has not been a single basketball player to play both in at least 10 years. Not one!

So lets go on here...how about the baseball camp the coach MANDATES the prospective kids go to and PAY FOR for both his JV and varsity tryouts??? That seems kosher to me.

Maybe have a conversation with Dodgen and Siebe about some of the kids that oddly transfer in and wind up at Farragut?!?!? It's all legit isn't it? I'm sure the TSSAA would be 100% ok with all that.

Do you really want to tell me how this coach has NEVER told a kid he can't play two sports? BS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
There are at least 5 other players in the program who play football and baseball and there has been every year.

It appears as if you have an ax to grind with Farragut Baseball, so I am through discussing this with you. But, everyone needs to understand that everything you have posted in this thread has been 100% incorrect. Everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
There are at least 5 other players in the program who play football and baseball and there has been every year.

It appears as if you have an ax to grind with Farragut Baseball, so I am through discussing this with you. But, everyone needs to understand that everything you have posted in this thread has been 100% incorrect. Everything.

I do have an Ax to grind and it is because of people like you that think Farragut hung the moon, and is holier than thou. I played for years and also won a state Championship there in baseball, but I'm not going to sit idly reading your sanctimonious tales of BS!

You don't know me and you have no clue what I do and don't know. But I've seen so much crap over there involving the baseball program that it makes me ill. For you or anyone to sit there and say that Farragut's coach doesn't mandate most all of his players to only play baseball, is nuts.
Heck even Pharr was doing this. Where do you think Buckner learned it from?
I have a great deal of pride from playing there, but some of you guys have got to get real and stop with the blind eye crap. You only go through high school once, and using this sort of influence is downright wrong. It's even worse that Dodgen allows it.

Reactions: 2 people
I would ask a mod to delete this thread because it never did do anything for helping baseball, rather it tore it down. Sorry...

VN Store

Back