Reasoning behind QB switch? (last season)

Because his passes were for 3-5 yards. Its easy to be "accurate" on a glorified shovel pass. None of them could throw the ball downfield accurately and would throw into double coverage when there was another man wide open. Poor arms, poor accuracy, poor judgement, poor speed.

He averaged 11.3 yards per pass

2012..... not new but I'm sorry that I haven't patted you on the back or visit Disney World once a day.....:blink::ermm:

confused1.gif

Everyone makes mistakes and that has a mistake by CBJ. No one knows what would have happened if Worley had started, but I imagine the outcome would have been better. Worley may not have the quick release or strong arm, but he seems to have the awareness to not turn the ball over as much and be more accurate with his throws. JMO.

I think Peterman hurt his thumb way early in the game and didn't tell anyone. So he was fumbling and throwing up ducks.

Easley and Fowler are two beeotches you don't want to see in your first SEC start!!!

Because Tennessee was playing Florida the next week and had to look for a lineup that gave Tennessee the best chance to lose.

Butch gets it.

Worley was awful against Oregon. Barely over 50% completion percentage. He managed one big play for 51 yards, and managed just 75 yards passing the rest of the game. He "game managed" the offense to 6 three-and-out drives (over half of his drives in that game were 3-and-outs), which probably accounted for a good deal of extra fatigue for an already shaky defense.

There are alot of questions regarding why Butch decided to start Peterman. Could he not tell in practice that Peterman lack the skills and/or mental toughness to even look like a credible FCS starting QB in that game? Did he, as many here have suggested, cave to fan pressure by his first SEC game?

I don't know. I'd guess that he saw how badly Worley played and simply decided he had to roll the dice and try something else. I don'tknow if I agree with him leaving Peterman in so long, but I also don't believe it cost us the game. Our defenses' inability to stop a fringe Div.1 level back-up QB who had never completed a pass in college was a big part of the loss. And when Worley did come in, it's not like he did anything to convince any reasonable person that he could have won that game. He had a 43% completion percentage and threw 2 interceptions.

Everyone makes mistakes and that has a mistake by CBJ. No one knows what would have happened if Worley had started, but I imagine the outcome would have been better. Worley may not have the quick release or strong arm, but he seems to have the awareness to not turn the ball over as much and be more accurate with his throws. JMO.

If by throwing into the dirt is more accurate, then yes

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back