Recruiting Football Talk VII

Just the grit and mental toughness to gut that victory out against a quality opponent is awesome to see. Heupel has restored the winning edge to this program. The success of the ground game (232 yards) against that front 7 totally changes my outlook of this team’s potential.
Teams will load the box the rest of the way and force Milton to beat them. Joe’s a good dude but ain’t it unfortunately. Heupel’s gonna ride with him this year regardless. Only games remaining that I’m counting as a definite W are UCONN and Candy. We’ll need our D to rise to the occasion every single game the rest of the way as teams aim to shut down our run game. Tall, tall task.

Last edited:
Teams will load the box the rest of the way and force Milton to beat them. Joe’s a good dude but ain’t it unfortunately. Heupel’s gonna ride with him this year regardless. Only game remaining that I’m counting as a definite W is Candy. We’ll need our D to rise to the occasion every single game the rest of the way as teams aim to shut down our run game. Tall, tall task.
Teams will struggle to load the box because of our WR splits and how many we send out on routes.

Best they can do is 6 in the box with a safety over the top.

Unless they want to play cover 0 and put 7 or 8 in the box.

The one good thing about his offense is it makes you choose. You can’t really defend both ways well.

Teams will struggle to load the box because of our WR splits and how many we send out on routes.

Best they can do is 6 in the box with a safety over the top.

Unless they want to play cover 0 and put 7 or 8 in the box.

The one good thing about his offense is it makes you choose. You can’t really defend both ways well.
I don’t trust either 1) Milton to even hit wide open receivers -or- 2) Our receivers to catch the ball

Mainly just # 1

If I’m a DC then I make Milton beat me. He may make a few plays but he’s chock-full of miscues that he ain’t gonna take over a game. Not in his DNA.

Last edited:
If Nico isn’t ready give Gaston Moore a try. Nothing to lose if your going to run it on all 3 downs anyway.
I just don’t see how we don’t give the keys to Nico if Milton looks as awful against Bama.

What better structure can you have to get a young QB experience than a senior center to help ID blitz packages, a strong run game with three different starter level backs, and a defense that will keep the pressure off of the offense having to score every drive.

If Nico starts from UK onwards we get him a couple of good SEC games in UK and Mizzou, a couple of tune ups in UConn and Vandy and one shot at an upset in UGA. I can’t think of better experience than that to be fully prepared mentally and physically going into his Sophomore year

At the end of the video Eric makes a point to go shake hands with the recruits. Boo Carter was one

As soon as he spots them, he makes a B-line to them. He knows the game, how the bread is buttered. Little things like that, make a hell of a difference in recruiting. Hope all our alum are that aware. I mean, as soon as he sees them, nothing else mattered in his mind, except getting over there to say hello. Another reason he's on our Rushmore.

We blew it not getting Nico significant, meaningful snaps earlier in the season particularly against OOC. We are gonna go into next year with essentially a true freshman in game time experience and we won’t have a frickin’ clue what we have. Woulda been nice to know what we’re working with besides a few snaps of handoff duty. Think his snaps vs UVA we’re just to appease the crowd.

Reactions: berryvol
We blew it not getting Nico significant, meaningful snaps earlier in the season particularly against OOC. We are gonna go into next year with essentially a true freshman in game time experience and we won’t have a frickin’ clue what we have. Woulda been nice to know what we’re working with besides a few snaps of handoff duty. Think his snaps vs UVA we’re just to appease the crowd.
Uconn and vandy

If Nico isn’t ready give Gaston Moore a try. Nothing to lose if your going to run it on all 3 downs anyway.
AP explained why they will continue rolling with Milton in the post-game pod. Essentially, the team still believes in Joe and continues to win with him, so replacing him would not go well with the players on the team. Apparently, Alabama replacing Milroe caused locker room issues ("when they pulled Milroe, the locker room revolted down at Alabama"), and replacing Milton would likely produce similar results at Tennessee under the current circumstances.

Plus, once you make the change, you can't really go back to Joe.

AP explained why they will continue rolling with Milton in the post-game pod. Essentially, the team still believes in Joe and continues to win with him, so replacing him would not go well with the players on the team. Apparently, Alabama replacing Milroe caused locker room issues ("when they pulled Milroe, the locker room revolted down at Alabama"), and replacing Milton would likely produce similar results at Tennessee under the current circumstances.

Plus, once you make the change, you can't really go back to Joe.
That’ll be $9.95

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005
His offense has always ate up man defenses except for the elite of the elite like Georgia last year...Joe and Co just ain't got the ability evidently.
And even then it took UGA holding lol. We’re not built that way this year but man if we had this defense (especially today’s) on last year’s team, we might’ve run the table.

VN Store

Back