Recruiting Football Talk VII

This would work in many cases. Love to see it done to stop this shiz.

Ole Miss O-line had a method of blocking that led to all those QB draws and scrambles that killed us in the Mustard Game. I saw Kentucky recently use the same method in our game. It is effective in slowing the pass rush if it is not called. I have seen many teams employ it over recent years and it is rarely called anymore. Your recommendation would end it quick because the O-lineman's technique would leave him exposed.

The O-lineman stays high on the upper body of the pass rusher. Depending on the inside or outside shoulder pass rush (gap chosen), he will grab jersey at the chest with the inside hand and go around the back at the neck or shoulder with the outside hand. The latter move with the outside hand is illegal. Should draw an immediate flag. How many flags have we seen for it in our games? Zippo. I saw Ole Miss still using it against aTm. I have seen game after game of guys doing it in CFB and NFL - rarely called. Yet, it is blatant, uncalled holding.

Officials are not who they say they are. It is past time for people to recognize it and get vocal about it at the conference level everywhere. Then employ methods in the trenches to make people pay on the field for cheating.

I’ve noticed this type of hold going uncalled in college and nfl games over the past couple years. I always assumed it was a panic move by a guy who got beat. Never occurred to me it might be something that was coached. You know, because it’s an obvious hold.

Tis how I felt watching them this summer in Italy

Incredible balance. Veteran, skilled, athletic, defense, guys who can shoot.

Maybe a touch weak inside...but barely.
Interior play, and scoring in particular, is definitely the weak point of this team. We can overcome this we speed of play and outside shooting. In my mind, we will be fine on interior D unless a team has a really big, strong dude. Most teams would have trouble with this type of player.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yes, they want a top10 matchup to pad UGA's strength of schedule in case they lose in the SECCG
Their best chance at a playoff spot is to lose to Tennessee.

At least that’s how I see it.

It would really help them to lose to ole miss in the 3rd OT too.

Don’t question my logic. It’s totally sound if you’re a VFL. Just roll with it.

13-2 🤠

Interior play, and scoring in particular, is definitely the weak point of this team. We can overcome this we speed of play and outside shooting. In my mind, we will be fine on interior D unless a team has a really big, strong dude. Most teams would have trouble with this type of player.
Yes, but we are thin inside. Aidoo gets injured and we're in trouble.

VN Store

Back