Recruiting Football Talk VII

QUOTE="peaygolf, post: 23435860, member: 73606"]
sad thing is................a ton of these kids will not find new homes.
Grass ain't always greener........
[/QUOTE]
VEry true, they all want the smoke....but most end up with none...

There it is!
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

Players are asking crazy money. Few are worth what they think they are. Programs are having to throw money at portalers while recruiting their own best players to stay. It's not sustainable but it's full tilt right now.
At some point schools will have to put their foot down and not offer NIL to HS recruits. I believe the spirit of NIL were to reward current players for their production on the field. Having to spend so much on recruits who haven't played a down is a bad business model.

With that said, I'm all for these guys to get paid so get it young men while you can.

At some point schools will have to put their foot down and not offer NIL to HS recruits. I believe the spirit of NIL were to reward current players for their production on the field. Having to spend so much on recruits who haven't played a down is a bad business model.

With that said, I'm all for these guys to get paid so get it young men while you can.
Disagree. I think we'll see position groups offered regardless of proven track record or not. QB, OT, Pass Rusher will command more than DB, WR and RB. Varying degrees based on performance, but I don't think we'll see HS kids completely ignored in the NIL space in favor of college kids.

I do think we'll see school that can't pay both prioritize one vs the other. I'm thankful Tennessee is big enough to support both.

Disagree. I think we'll see position groups offered regardless of proven track record or not. QB, OT, Pass Rusher will command more than DB, WR and RB. Varying degrees based on performance, but I don't think we'll see HS kids completely ignored in the NIL space in favor of college kids.

I do think we'll see school that can't pay both prioritize one vs the other. I'm thankful Tennessee is big enough to support both.
I think if schools keep paying HS recruits to come to their school but kids can't get on the field or production is minimal you could see a shift. For now it is what it is and I agree QB, OT, Pass Rusher will definitely demand high dollars.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Regarding the Rucker tweet on Juice.... personally I'm willing to overpay for a year from him. We're not an NFL team looking to invest millions and hoping to get several years. Juice would likely be 1 and done here. And if he's healthy for next season, I think he's worth the risk for what he brings.

Regarding the Rucker tweet on Juice.... personally I'm willing to overpay for a year from him. We're not an NFL team looking to invest millions and hoping to get several years. Juice would likely be 1 and done here. And if he's healthy for next season, I think he's worth the risk for what he brings.
I think that's the whole thing right there. Overpay for a guy who underplays, you just wasted money on a gamble.

SIAP, but Dobbs will get the start on Sunday against the Raiders.

Coach reviewed the tape. Not only was Dobbs not responsible for all the ints, his legs are the only thing keeping the Vikings from having another injured QB. Their OL right now is simply that bad. He's been their offensive production because of what he brings. Dobbs has always been high risk, high reward (less risk these days but still there's risk) but more often than not he delivers.

The sports is entertainment model is already following the Hollywood path. The networks call the shots, but people have to pay to watch. Those in between are content providers-- and the content better be worth it.

Really wish there was a way for them to have created cap to all of this that everyone had to follow--- make it a tier system, with the max being $1M... That's the most for any individual player, then $750k, $500K, $250K, etc...

When everyone has the same guidelines, then it falls back on recruiting and selling the school, staff, etc... If the most I can make is $1M, and 3-4 schools are offering, then it comes down to where do I really want to play, go to school...

I know then it would filter back to the ways of the past doing backdoor deals for extra amounts off the books, but at least there's a baseline to go by for most players and schools.

I think that's the whole thing right there. Overpay for a guy who underplays, you just wasted money on a gamble.

Agree. But Rucker mentioned injury history.... if he means he's injury prone but healthy then roll the bones. For all we know he goes without injury or gets injured on the final play of the season.

What tweet?

@LA Vol what about the new proposed NIL rule to allow athletes and schools to negotiate NIL deals… I think this will create a governing body over NIL to set the market. Thoughts???

Last edited:

VN Store

Back