Recruiting Football Talk VII

Crazy how good this team can look when we play with a sense of urgency and are aggressive… when we don’t have those two qualities we are lackadaisical. Officiating is horrid in every sport for every team, that’s not the reason we are losing or lose games.

Yeah...a 2-1 discrepancy is just "horrid officiating"...and the officiating damn sure does cause us to lose games sometimes, also the other team actually has good players too...and sometimes they cause us to lose games..

Very rare does a RB team play "lackadaisical".

That was a stupid statement...playing a team shooting out of their minds from three AND the officials doing their usual hack job on us...ALMOST..caused us to lose this game.

We didn't lose and Georgia has been playing well...so suck it.

I didn't get to watch much, but same number of fouls, and we got more free throws. Hard to say refs were super biased....
Sure...it looks that way by the end of the game...but there is a reason they got back in the game...and it was the refs calling us at a 2-1 clip while they were hacking us with impunity that let them get back in it and build a momentum locomotive.

At least the refs evened it out by the end, but that game would have been over at half of the refs were not screwing us over.

This team has grit...they showed it against Ole Miss(whoops...old man brianfart...meant Miss St...and I just noticed it when I was going by🤦‍♂️)and they showed it today.

Edit..left it and just added a fix in parentheses..hope that amuses somebody.

Last edited:
We got a month and a half to get this team on track. Back to back ugly games vs lesser opponents. The way we are playing isn’t sustainable. DK can’t get 30+ every game… then what?? Who do we turn to late in games? Where is our #1 defense that we can always hang our hat on?

Lots of **** to figure out. Be happy with the win, but don’t be fooled, we have a lot to fix
You guys crack me up...everybody has ALWAYS complained that we didn't have a "go-to" guy....and now we have a bona-fide #1 go-to alpha..are we happy?...nope...now you guys complain that we don't have more than one "go-to" guy.

I think Bradshaw said they had played a pretty weak schedule so far.. best win vs Arky who is like 9-6? Doesn’t matter.. I know it’s hard to win on the road, but the expectations for this team are win the SEC and an Elite8/Final 4 appearance and right now, I don’t feel like that’s realistic. Hope they turn it around
I don't know how anybody "expected" this team to be a F4 team...I thought this was a pretty good team with flaws that I expected to make the tourney...which is exactly what they are.

One thing I did not expect...Dalton Knecht being a stone cold killer...

Still gotta get there safely.
It’s even more about resources. The safety of 60k-80k people takes up a lot of resources and supplies in a time where the county/city is already dealing with a lot. That’s why I’m fine with it being postponed. The city needs to focus on the people not attending the game first.

For the stadium part he’s right though. There were so many people, including media folks, calling for this Chiefs game to be postponed too just due to extremely cold weather. If you were to cancel a game just due to cold weather then just mandate new stadiums have domes because that’s dumb.

I don’t give a **** what the players have to deal with, their making millions.

But how out of touch are these guys? Tens of thousands of fans on the road to the game, being at the game and driving home from the game. That risk for those people & the city workers isn’t worth it when the game can be rescheduled.

Now, I do agree stadiums in bad weather places should probably have a roof.

Expecting this team to get to the Final 4 is gonna lead to pain. Just let this team grow and root for the best. They clearly have that type of ceiling. But it takes some lucky breaks along the way too. Basketballs full of ups and downs.

I would love to get to the top as well. We are positioned to do that as well as anybody in the country. Many many programs would gladly trade places with us.

Being irrelevant is a million times worse than coming up short in March.
Why in the heck can these jackasses not just be glad to have a good team every year and support them no matter what?

All they do is bitch, piss and moan...the Idiot Margin of our fanbase absolutely sucks....they are the worst fans in sports.

VN Store

Back