Recruiting Football Talk VII

Hard to imagine there are 2 different philosophies being taught in the secondary from DBs to safeties.
It is just in-phase or out of phase if in man. If you are out of phase, you are supposed to play through the receivers hands. In-phase, turn for the ball. If you are in zone with help over the top, you can open into the field. If you are in man with no help, you probably should turn into the receiver to avoid space being created as the ball travels in the air, but at the highest levels, guys are able to open into the field and not allow space to be created between them and the receiver. The issue is, a lot of CB’s default to playing the receiver’s hands if they are unsure as the play unfolds.

First the Noles, now Gators. I’m curious if any of the more knowledgeable NIL posters have insight as to why these collectives are being investigated? I’ve been under the impression that Spyre was operating by the book, so not really worried. However, this has an “the IRS will get around to investigating all of us eventually” feel to it. I think we all feel the NCAA has likely outlived its usefulness in CFB but the fact they’re even looking into it these relationships is somewhat unsettling. I’m going to assume FSU and UF did a sloppy job of setting it up and now they’re having to pay the piper.

I've always held the theory that Kiffin brought it with him.
I have a hard time figuring out how someone got it through security.
I seem to remember reading that the football team had a “Top Golf” event at the stadium. Maybe it was already there and someone found it…I still think the opposing team fans in the upper deck started the whole thing…our students didn’t hold back once it started, though…does anyone have the mustard bottle flag? 🤪

Edit: Swansoned by @BDHVOL

Last edited:
First the Noles, now Gators. I’m curious if any of the more knowledgeable NIL posters have insight as to why these collectives are being investigated? I’ve been under the impression that Spyre was operating by the book, so not really worried. However, this has an “the IRS will get around to investigating all of us eventually” feel to it. I think we all feel the NCAA has likely outlived its usefulness in CFB but the fact they’re even looking into it these relationships is somewhat unsettling. I’m going to assume FSU and UF did a sloppy job of setting it up and now they’re having to pay the piper.

FSU thing was bc an assistant coach drove player to meeting with collective or made intros or something like that. That’s it.

Do y’all realize how far we have come? From thinking we would never recover from another disaster in coaching hires plus NCAA to this in less than 5 years!

It's actually less than 3 years if you want to be precise, January 27, 2021. But to your point, it's almost unbelievable how far we have come.

VN Store

Back