Recruiting Football Talk VII

If they had just won the game and the same collision occurred, she wouldnt have flopped. Idk how you can watch that and not see the flailing arms and the flop fall to the ground.
Yeah that’s my point. Clark is a cry baby. Evidenced from last years tournament exit via LSU. She can talk it all day but can’t walk it (especially off the court)

Uhh, pretty sure "flopping" only applies to, ya know, the game.

All benefit of the doubt goes to the person who isn't trespassing. I don't know what's super complicated about that. "I barely touched her" doesn't hold any water when you aren't supposed to be out there to begin with.

Meanwhile, not to be a giant dixk but here goes... I also don't remember when "Young woman becomes overly emotional at getting unexpectedly hit" became breaking world news. What difference does that make? If Caitlin Clark is fake for that then half of the women and at least 15% of the men I've ever met are the same kind of fake lol.

I said i didn’t care to discuss… the reason being is bc i have no idea if she is faking or not… The contact was obviously hard enough to knock the bigger girl off her feet… In the interview, Clark didn’t make a huge deal out of it… She stated that she had th le wind knocked out of her which seems entirely possible.
What she accomplishes on the basketball court is what people should care about..

Not this theatrical drama the media loves to stir up..

So should you get 5 points if you get stopped on 4th down at the 1 inch line. Fair is fair.

Only alternate FAIR ruling to me MIGHT be a reverse safety.

So whoever loses a fumble while in legal possession and it goes out of bounds in either endzone gives up a safety.

OR the other team gets the ball at the point of the fumble. That is reviewable anyway.
Oooooh…. Make it real interesting. Defense gets 2 points. Offense gets the ball at the point of fumble.

MacIntyre, Heard, Moi, 91-71, Baseball and Softball around the corner. Dang. Almost seems like the Professionals know what they're doing. Deeply Sorry to the constant recliner experts that you have lost relevance. Please close the door on your way out. GO VOLS!!!
It feels good having a strong administration.

All benefit of the doubt goes to the person who isn't trespassing. I don't know what's super complicated about that. "I barely touched her" doesn't hold any water when you aren't supposed to be out there to begin with.

Meanwhile, not to be a giant dixk but here goes... I also don't remember when "Young woman becomes overly emotional at getting unexpectedly hit" became breaking world news. What difference does that make? If Caitlin Clark is fake for that then half of the women and at least 15% of the men I've ever met are the same kind of fake lol.
Flopping only applies to the game? Please elaborate.

I agree with the bold point. If an offensive player fumbles at the 50 yard line and it rolls out of bounds who gets possession? (the offense at the spot the ball was fumbled)

I don't know why that rule is changed if it's fumbled through the endzone...it's inconsistent, but I also don't mind it because it creates some excitement. Cause if a defender intercepts in the endzone and is tackled they aren't punished with a safety.
Someone explained that the end zone is territory of the defense. So you can rush into or complete a pass into that territory. You get points for that. But you cannot lose control of the ball into that territory. You can lose the ball on the field because that’s no one’s territory. That makes sense to me now that I thought of it that way.

My only comment on the Clark situation is the fan shouldn't be on the court. Just like when our fans ran on the field. The difference was just that Burton instigated the contact where as in this case the Clark simply didn't have time to avoid/react.

End of the day at the VERY least the opposing team should be given time to get off the court/field before the fans rush in. I get that's not always what happens, but I have no sympathy for the fan who is on the court/field.
What is being discussed is whether she actually did have time to react and whether she did a magnificent flop after shoving the other girl like she was trying to draw a charge and whether she was acting hurt. If any of that is true then I don’t have any sympathy for her. I actually think that’s pathetic.

Reactions: hooter vol
Flopping only applies to the game? Please elaborate.
Not sure what you're getting at.

Screenshot_20240122-120227.png
Big girl wasn't an opponent. People in here are treating her reaction like she just took light contact after driving in the paint. And it's not remotely the same. She got hit by a trespasser. She wasn't gonna get up and shoot two.

There are a dozen reasons she could have over reacted there. Who cares? None of them are relevant. It's not as if she asked ole chungus to run out there on the court and hit her.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
MacIntyre, Heard, Moi, 91-71, Baseball and Softball around the corner. Dang. Almost seems like the Professionals know what they're doing. Deeply Sorry to the constant recliner experts that you have lost relevance. Please close the door on your way out. GO VOLS!!!
All that and this perfect post! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I said i didn’t care to discuss… the reason being is bc i have no idea if she is faking or not… The contact was obviously hard enough to knock the bigger girl off her feet… In the interview, Clark didn’t make a huge deal out of it… She stated that she had th le wind knocked out of her which seems entirely possible.
Well, that makes sense if she did.

Reactions: knoxvol52

Oh, now I really need to know if she was faking to see if your theory holds any merit. 🙄

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Two thoughts I posted in the GM thread:

1. This is the type of big time in state player that we lose out on in the past. Glad to be back to landing these special instate talents.

2. Landing another special 5 star QB talent perhaps takes away some of the pressure on CJH to produce a championship or bust with NICO.

What is being discussed is whether she actually did have time to react and whether she did a magnificent flop after shoving the other girl like she was trying to draw a charge and whether she was acting hurt. If any of that is true then I don’t have any sympathy for her. I actually think that’s pathetic.

The bold part is a bit much I think. She just played a grueling OT game and was trying to get off the court to her locker room when a much larger fan running faster collided with her, it hurt regardless of what other people think.

Calling her pathetic when all she did was respond how most people would is a bit much. She didn't make a big deal of it, fell down, got helped up and probably recovered once in her locker room. The media is making more of it because of her name and the clicks it will generate.

Man we really whiffed on that instate talent in 2002, for obvious reasons of course.

I forgot all about that.

I like him, probably tries to RS next year. Going into Nico's 3rd (and potentially last) season here he'll have a leg up over George for the starting job assuming Nico leaves.

If Nico doesn't leave I could see Jake transfer to get some playing time... he'll have 2 years in the SEC and likely some tape running a few series with 2 years eligibility left wouldn't hate the kid for doing that. George would then be entering year 2 in Nico's senior year as the backup/next man up.

Or if Jake is just a dude and wins the job can't say that's a bad situation either.

End of the day we should see starters like this for the foreseeable future.

24 - Nico, SO. (Jake FR backup)
25 - Nico, JR. (Jake RS-FR backup if we don't have to burn it, George FR)
26 - Nico, SR. Jake RS-SO backup and George RS-FR
27 - Jake RS-JR or George RS-SO
If Nico is still playing at Tennessee his SR year...then he probably ain't what we think he is.

VN Store

Back