Recruiting Football Talk VII

I love having Donde and Danny as leaders.
We are so blessed to have them in their perspective leadership roles..In the past, I would’ve been concerned but times have changed..Not worried in the least..NCAA has met their match and deserve everything that’s coming to them..F them!!
On another note, it’s no coincidence of the timing because of our recent surge in recruiting!!

They probably just let this thing hang out there as long as possible to hurt us, knowing full well it will be a dead end..yes I can see them that petty and vindictive.
I would possibly threaten legal action.

minority report animated gif
That’s such a good movie.

Reactions: knoxvol52
There's probably 40 schools the NCAA is "investigating" and Forde picked who to write about? I really hope White blasts him.

Money is moving. The NCAA is making sure it's moving properly. Big whoop. An investigation in this scenario is not an assumption of guilt no more than a random professional sports drug test.

University departments get audited all the time just to make sure everything is accounted for. That is not an assumption of guilt, its routine. If the NCAA wasn't "investigating" one of the deep pocket programs then that should raise eyebrows. It's not news though. It should only be news if there's findings.

Forde wants to smear us.
Here's the update to the story. It sounds like the NCAA is trying to make an example of UT in some way.

Tennessee administrators met with NCAA Enforcement representatives Monday, according to a letter obtained by SI from UT chancellor Donde Plowman to NCAA president Charlie Baker. Plowman decried the actions of enforcement staff members, noting, “Regrettably, in this chaotic environment, the NCAA enforcement staff is trying to retroactively apply unclear guidance to punish and make an example of our institution and others ...” Plowman asserts the NCAA’s procedure is flawed and that “some of the allegations are factually untrue.”

Although a formal notice of allegations has not been presented to Tennessee, Plowman indicates the serious nature of potential charges in her letter: “In fact, just last year, the Division I Committee on Infractions as well as the NCAA enforcement staff cited exemplary cooperation by the University of Tennessee and said we set the standard other schools should follow. It is inconceivable that our institution’s leadership would be cited as an example of exemplary leadership in July 2023, then as a cautionary example of a lack of institutional control only six months later.” Lack of institutional control is arguably the most serious institutional charge the NCAA can levy against a school and can yield major sanctions.

The good news is that it sounds like the Chancellor's dander is up, and we're at least verbally, publicly pushing back. We played nice once and they tried to burn us for it. Sounds like UT may make some noise and trouble over this one, which is the LAST thing the NCAA wants or needs when it comes to NIL. They're already on thin ice there with the SCOTUS.

Went ot for a bit and was listening to WNML. Will West made a good point. Proctor came out and said Iowa contacted him during the season about transferring. Cam Ward named five schools that offered him money to hit the portal. Both things worthy of being investigated as it's clearly against the rules. Yet the NCAA is choosing this fight?

UT may be the school that breaks the camels back when it comes to the NCAA. With Donde’s response to the NCAA, we for sure know that the football program has the support from the entire university from the top down. We’re in good shape. All of college football should be on our side because if they go after us, they’ll go after just about anyone.

After what the University was put through with Cornbread, don't think for one second they did not have the best legal counsel providing sound legal opinions on how things are to be operated since. The NCAA is going to lose their azzes with this one and the recruits are going to love that the school admin is going gangsta on them. The NCAA showed up with a knife at a gun fight

UT has built this into their calculation of how to respond to the bullshiz. Donde is executing according to plan.

Went ot for a bit and was listening to WNML. Will West made a good point. Proctor came out and said Iowa contacted him during the season about transferring. Cam Ward named five schools that offered him money to hit the portal. Both things worthy of being investigated as it's clearly against the rules. Yet the NCAA is choosing this fight?
There was national outcry when Nico committed and the NIL amount was mentioned. Yet when Arch came in at a higher number from Texas there nothing said. I'm really not sure why the NCAA has a vendetta but these other schools need to realize if they are successful in this they will be next. NCAA needs to kick rocks.

VN Store

Back