Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. JMO.
If he goes to a bad team he will be. But very few QB are good enough to save a bad team, so that's kind of an obvious statement.

Falling in the draft is one of the best things that can happen to a QB. Get on a good team with a lot of good pieces around you, and you're a whole lot less likely to bust.

In the early 90’s…. they still had to play the women before the men’s games to get people in the stands…Bill Burr is right…. women support the Kardashians and they make millions…. womens sports would be the same way if women supported them.
I used to enjoy watching women's HS BB in Tennessee in the 1960s. For one thing, we had a winning team, and for another, their game was played just before our men's game (same HS opponent), so our men's team got to watch the ladies play.

In those days it was 3 on 3 on half court play. The 3 defensive players, after a rebound, brought the ball half court and then passed the ball to the 3 offensive players. IMO, it seemed to be a better format 3 on 3. Today, 5 on 5, the game has a girl dribbling around, attempting some kind of running shot, missing, then a scrum to get the ball with a whole bunch of players ending up lying on the floor in a pile.

Does anyone know why the old 3 on 3 format went away? It was way more enjoyable to watch IMO.

I disagree. Men would watch women's sports if it's a good product. My wife loved watching the LV's, but she can't stand pretty Holly as a coach.
IMO, womens basketball would be better to make changes to the court and rim height. Make the court smaller and the rim height 9'-0". It is difficult to see the slowness of the women's game as compared to the men's game. These things would IMO make the women's game more enjoyable.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Making a dumb decision doesn't mean someone isn't smart. Just means they made a dumb decision and are human. Unfortunately some bad decisions become very public. All he can do now is push through it.
The difference between a smart person and a dumb person is that very smart people make very dumb decisions sometimes, however, dumb people don't typically make smart decisions.

it’s a club sport
Ain't none of y'all old enough to be up in the dang club!
Ain't none of y'all old enough to go to the DAMN CLUB on Make a GIF

I live 20 minutes from Bank of America stafium but I’m actually considering just watching the vs NC State game from home.

Which is dumb because I happily drive 4 hours to watch games at neyland. But games hit different at neyland. I was at BoA when we lost to WVU and it felt….. meh.

WVU fans out numbered us probably 3 to 1. And I imagine it’ll be mostly NC State fans there in Charlotte.

idk….

Reactions: Volsdeep4 and ugg
Two orange collars ordered for Mr. Superstar QB Nico..one for now and one for football 🏈 🍊season.😽
View attachment 621141
That's what my cat "JG" looked like when we got him at the end of Dobbs' final season. This is what he looked like after a few seasons of watching Guarantano play (disclaimer, I actually like JG and think he could have been a decent QB with the right coaching & system):
Screenshots_2024-02-19-13-19-00.png

Anyone else getting a feeling that this Auburn team is made for the NCAA tourney? I can’t help but think they are gonna make a deep run this year. Hopefully they lose to us in the Final 4.

VN Store

Back